5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game for the Entire Family
Published on August 14, 2003 by Mark Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Your mileage may vary
There is no other table-top game that consumes more of my time than Rummikub. I find it very addicting.

Published on August 28, 2008 by R. MCRACKAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Your mileage may vary, August 28, 2008
This review is from: Rummikub (Toy)

However, your experience may vary depending on the version. I had the version with "easy-grip contour" pieces. After a lot of play, the paint has chipped away to the point that many pieces are unreadable causing me to need to buy a new set. This is not a problem with the editions with engraved pieces.

BUYER BEWARE: I ordered this set from Amazon because it said that it had engraved pieces. The version I received though did not. If you look at all of the pictures for this product, you can see that many different versions are represented. I assure you, they are not all created equal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game for the Entire Family, August 14, 2003
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rummikub (Toy)
This game is deceptively simple. You start with 14 tiles, and your goal is to meld all your tiles in groups of at least three, either three of a kind (3 fives, for example) or in a run (4, 5, and 6). Just like the card game rummy, right? The twist comes when you start rearranging tiles. As long as you leave at least three tiles together, you can do whatever you want with the tiles already laid down by any person playing the game. Before too long, strategy becomes hard because the person before you is sure to rearrange the tiles you needed in such a way that they are no longer available. Then again, they may lay down the one piece that you needed to win.
I've been playing this game with my family for years. It's a blast because it's so completely different every time, and everyone has a chance to win. You might need to help small kids when they first learn how to play, but soon, they will be able to play and hold their own against adults.
I highly recommend this fun game. It'll give you hours of entertainment with family and friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GAME, average craftsmanship., January 3, 2006
This review is from: Rummikub (Toy)
This is a great game. My parents introduced me to this game and now our entire family is hooked. Though luck does play a small part, it is mostly strategy. It is relatively easy to learn and very addictive once you get a hang of it. The best part is, it doesn't get boring and evolves as you become a better player.

This particular version however is not one I would recommend. If you plan on playing it a lot I would suggest spending a few dollars more and buying the deluxe version. I bought this one for my grandparents and they have a hard time identifying the colors, which is a very important aspect of the game. The holders for the bones are also inexpensively made and collapse if you are not very careful.

Good buy for adult players, not so good for younger or older players.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST EVER FAMILY FUN GAME, June 4, 2009
This review is from: Rummikub (Toy)
My mom introduced us to this game, and we played it the first time to humor her. It proves the old adage that truly "MOM knows BEST!" This is a game you can come into with no knowledge of the rules and enjoy your first round of play; in fact, you may even WIN your first round!

It causes you to THINK, yet you don't feel like you have to WORK too hard to be successful. The analytical types will resonate with Rummikub the most, and it's for THEM that the 2 minute rule exists! They'll take forever if you let them because they can SEE all the options through that analytical portal in their brains many of us lack. USE THE TWO MINUTE RULE!

We have a huge family, will be together for family vacation this weekend, and we intend on bringing SEVERAL Rummikub sets and having either (1) two simultaenous games with a playoff or (2) combine them for a massive game and see how that works.

BTW...if you have more than 4 players who wish to play, team up.

TIP of THE DAY...Use the camera on your phone to take a photo of the sets on the table as they exist BEFORE a player begins tearing everything apart in order to reinvent sets to play his tiles. IF the player judged incorrectly and can not complete the play and he has to return the sets to their original state, the photo will be INVALUABLE!

Best investment of the year for us. Have FUN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the whole family!, July 22, 2014
This review is from: Rummikub (Toy)
I've been playing Rummikub for over 25 years. Through the years we have purchased several new games because we have lost tiles or broken the boards that hold the tiles.
Rummikub is a family favorite that is enjoyed by our family members of all ages. Everyone from my 8 year old on up to her 75 year old grandparents had a lot of fun at our recent family reunion playing this game.
I like that the game can be played fairly quickly and there are several modifications to the rules that can be used. The way we play Rummikub is a lot different than the way my husband's parents play it. The variations keep it interesting.
The box says ages 8 and up but younger players can be paired up with an older family member.
This is one "must have" game that I highly recommend to everyone.
Makes a great family or birthday gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictingly Fun, December 12, 2000
This review is from: Rummikub (Toy)
Rummikub is one of the greatest games on the market today for various reasons. The first and foremost reason being how fun it is, it is also very, very, educational. The game can help increase math skills and critical thinking along the lines of the games hard and tight rules. This game is one that nobody is to miss. The game is good for young children beginning to learn math but they must have a partner for assisted guidnance. The game also teaches a brand new approach to having fun with numbers and mathematics. This game is a gem and i definitley worth your well earned money. Buy this game and have fun playing Rummikub!
HAVE FUN!

5.0 out of 5 stars How did we have fun without it?, December 22, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Rummikub (Toy)
My wife and I had never even heard of Rummikub. Then her parents bought the game, and we played it over the holidays. Now it's our favorite board game! (Yet me put it this way -- I came here looking to buy a copy when my in-laws already have it!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Rummikub (Toy)
Numbers rub off after 3 hours of playing. Had to buy a deluxe one! This one was a waste of money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomely addictive!, July 1, 2005
This review is from: Rummikub (Toy)
This game has become one of our favorites! It helps develop math skills while being fun. Our older kids love how they can "re-arrange" the tiles laid out to benefit their own hand. This game is immense fun not only for kids but also for adults!

3.0 out of 5 stars The game is great but the tile holder is for the birds., September 27, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rummikub (Toy)
The game is great, a lot of fun and also makes you think. Winning is only about 10% luck and 90% using your brain. However, the plastic stand that hols the tiles is not very good. It cant hold the tiles properly, too easy to tip over and spill all the tiles. Five stars for the game, 1 star for the tile holder.

Rummikub