Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on August 28, 2008
There is no other table-top game that consumes more of my time than Rummikub. I find it very addicting.

However, your experience may vary depending on the version. I had the version with "easy-grip contour" pieces. After a lot of play, the paint has chipped away to the point that many pieces are unreadable causing me to need to buy a new set. This is not a problem with the editions with engraved pieces.

BUYER BEWARE: I ordered this set from Amazon because it said that it had engraved pieces. The version I received though did not. If you look at all of the pictures for this product, you can see that many different versions are represented. I assure you, they are not all created equal.
0Comment| 264 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This game is deceptively simple. You start with 14 tiles, and your goal is to meld all your tiles in groups of at least three, either three of a kind (3 fives, for example) or in a run (4, 5, and 6). Just like the card game rummy, right? The twist comes when you start rearranging tiles. As long as you leave at least three tiles together, you can do whatever you want with the tiles already laid down by any person playing the game. Before too long, strategy becomes hard because the person before you is sure to rearrange the tiles you needed in such a way that they are no longer available. Then again, they may lay down the one piece that you needed to win.
I've been playing this game with my family for years. It's a blast because it's so completely different every time, and everyone has a chance to win. You might need to help small kids when they first learn how to play, but soon, they will be able to play and hold their own against adults.
I highly recommend this fun game. It'll give you hours of entertainment with family and friends.
11 comment| 171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2006
This is a great game. My parents introduced me to this game and now our entire family is hooked. Though luck does play a small part, it is mostly strategy. It is relatively easy to learn and very addictive once you get a hang of it. The best part is, it doesn't get boring and evolves as you become a better player.

This particular version however is not one I would recommend. If you plan on playing it a lot I would suggest spending a few dollars more and buying the deluxe version. I bought this one for my grandparents and they have a hard time identifying the colors, which is a very important aspect of the game. The holders for the bones are also inexpensively made and collapse if you are not very careful.

Good buy for adult players, not so good for younger or older players.
11 comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2009
My mom introduced us to this game, and we played it the first time to humor her. It proves the old adage that truly "MOM knows BEST!" This is a game you can come into with no knowledge of the rules and enjoy your first round of play; in fact, you may even WIN your first round!

It causes you to THINK, yet you don't feel like you have to WORK too hard to be successful. The analytical types will resonate with Rummikub the most, and it's for THEM that the 2 minute rule exists! They'll take forever if you let them because they can SEE all the options through that analytical portal in their brains many of us lack. USE THE TWO MINUTE RULE!

We have a huge family, will be together for family vacation this weekend, and we intend on bringing SEVERAL Rummikub sets and having either (1) two simultaenous games with a playoff or (2) combine them for a massive game and see how that works.

BTW...if you have more than 4 players who wish to play, team up.

TIP of THE DAY...Use the camera on your phone to take a photo of the sets on the table as they exist BEFORE a player begins tearing everything apart in order to reinvent sets to play his tiles. IF the player judged incorrectly and can not complete the play and he has to return the sets to their original state, the photo will be INVALUABLE!

Best investment of the year for us. Have FUN!
I've been playing Rummikub for over 25 years. Through the years we have purchased several new games because we have lost tiles or broken the boards that hold the tiles.
Rummikub is a family favorite that is enjoyed by our family members of all ages. Everyone from my 8 year old on up to her 75 year old grandparents had a lot of fun at our recent family reunion playing this game.
I like that the game can be played fairly quickly and there are several modifications to the rules that can be used. The way we play Rummikub is a lot different than the way my husband's parents play it. The variations keep it interesting.
The box says ages 8 and up but younger players can be paired up with an older family member.
This is one "must have" game that I highly recommend to everyone.
Makes a great family or birthday gift.
on February 12, 2013
Numbers rub off after 3 hours of playing. Had to buy a deluxe one! This one was a waste of money!
on March 30, 2013
Rummikub is a classic. An excellent game that you should totally own, and that's all I'll say about that.

This particular version is not the best- arrived in a bit banged up condition, and isn't a proper box- it opens in the front the way a cake box would, and is made of rather flimsy cardboard. There are no partitions inside to mark where you put the tiles or tile-holders, and the tile-holders are made of pretty cheap plastic.

The game is a ton of fun though :)
on February 8, 2015
One of the rummy tiles in the game set had a residue of paint so I am now needing to write or call the Consumer Service department to determine how to get this resolved. When purchasing Rummikub I would inspect the tiles and get back to the Pressman Toy Corporation if you have similar complaints. My opponents all know that the bad tile is a number 12. I am sad consumer and I love to play this game !
review image
on January 17, 2015
This game was introduced to our family by a dear friend when my kids were really small. (They are now in their 30's.) We pulled this out at Thanksgiving and introduced it to guests at that time. It was a big hit so we couldn't resist buying it for them at Christmas time. Why not bring back those days when families spent time at the dining room table playing games rather than spending passive time planted on the sofa watching television? This is a great, fun and inexpensive game to kick-start a tradition for any family looking to spend time together and become more involved with each other.
on December 22, 1999
My wife and I had never even heard of Rummikub. Then her parents bought the game, and we played it over the holidays. Now it's our favorite board game! (Yet me put it this way -- I came here looking to buy a copy when my in-laws already have it!)