4.0 out of 5 stars Durable cardboard and fun game
Published on February 14, 2010 by A. Feinstein

2.0 out of 5 stars Cardboard tiles
Published on December 22, 2009 by S. Schreffler

2.0 out of 5 stars Cardboard tiles, December 22, 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Disney Rummikub (Toy)
My son (2 years old) loves "playing" with Mommy and Daddy's Rummikub game, so I was excited to get this one for him. We love Pooh, and I thought the shape matching was an ingenious method of giving him a chance to learn the game earlier than he can get into reading the numbers. But when I opened the case, I was immediately disappointed. Unlike the sturdy plastic tiles in our set, the tiles on this set are cardboard that have to be popped out of these cardboard "pages" They are difficult to get out such that they look all the same from the back. They don't have the same feel in the hand when holding them, nor do they make the satisfying click when they go down on the table.

I fear what happens when a drink gets spilled on them, as well.

If I had it to do otherwise, I would not purchase these, and certainly not at the current price ($30) We paid $11

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable cardboard and fun game, February 14, 2010
This review is from: Disney Rummikub (Toy)
This game was given to us as a gift and I agree that $30 is a bit much for this game, however, the quality is great. Durable cardboard, colorful pictures. Our 3.5 year old son loves this game. He have learned how to match patterns, colors and learned the order of numbers. We've had this game for about a year now, playing it at least once a week for 15-30 minutes each time. Cards are still like new. The card holders could have been a bit deeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a fun family game, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Disney Rummikub (Toy)
I have little ones. 3 and 5. and this game is just perfect for them to learn the concepts of games. With the different colors, which they know, and the shapes at the bottom to make runs, make it super easy to give instructions! And the matching is just like the game memory, which they love so much. I cannot wait for them to get to the next steps. This game is a "child version" of rummy. I myself have never played the original version of rummikub. but me and my husband like this one so much, we are thiking about buying the OG version of this game for ourselves!
So if your kids love to play games, have the attention span to play a 10-20 min game, and know how to match, know their colors and shapes, this is such a great learning game to have in their collection.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cardboard Tiles, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Disney Rummikub (Toy)
I thought this would be made with durable, plastic tiles like the original Rummikub. You pay more for the Disney name and you get a low quality product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed that it was cardboard tiles, January 18, 2014
This review is from: Disney Rummikub (Toy)
I had expected similar quality to the adult rummikub - durable tiles, instead the product comes with cardboard tiles. Haven't used it long enough to see how durable they will be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Disney Rummikub (Toy)
My daughter loves Rummikub and my granddaughter loves games. I got this for them to play together. My daughter said her daughter is catching on pretty well (age 5), but she has to do it for her son (age 3). I think they will enjoy this for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER FUN!, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Disney Rummikub (Toy)
This game is so much fun and came very quick. My 9 and 5 yr old both are loving to play it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Disney Rummikub (Toy)
My kids (8 and 5) love this game! They have tried to play the adult version, but it is too complicated for them. This Disney version is perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for young kids, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Disney Rummikub (Toy)
The tiles are made of heavy duty cardboard. My boys (3&5) have played rough with these cards a lot and they are still intact. Great beginner game for kids. I love the Disney twist. I just wish there were more tiles. The games have lasted approximately 15-20 minutes. I got my game at Walgreens for $6.99. The one at Walgreens did not come with the tile trays only the tiles which works fine for our family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game for little ones, May 28, 2012
Jill Zupich (FELTON, PENNSYLVANIA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney Rummikub (Toy)
This was a grandchilds gift and mom's response. WA to PA is a distance to go so I did not see it or play the game.

Disney Rummikub