Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on March 15, 2009
I use this tool every day to work on my Trigger Points. It is easy to grip and saves my hands and fingers. It is one of my most valued possessions. Never use it on bare skin. Always have a layer of clothing or a towel between your skin and the tool. Use sensible pressure to avoid bruises. I found that the area around a Trigger Point which has never been worked may be more likely to bruise. After the trigger point has been relieved the bruising does not return. Just my personal experience.
22 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2009
I was the type that actually wedged my TV remote in places on my back - trying to get relief to those pressure points. Now I can reach them easily. I also use the edge to roll on sore muscles to massage.
If you are the type that can't take pain on these areas, you wont like it. It is hard and really does the job at applying deep pressure to these points.
I have a lot of tension in my upper back, neck, and shoulders, most likely due to having a job which involves sitting all day as well as a long daily commute to and from work. I have found acupressure to be helpful, mostly in the form of working with yoga instructor Jill Miller's Yoga Tune Up therapy balls (available on her Yoga Tune Up web site). Although I find the balls to be highly effective, they require me to be lying on the floor to best target my tight areas. So, I purchased the Knobble as a more portable alternative, something that I could hopefully use to work out kinks during times when I am sitting in front of the computer.

The Knobble is made of plastic, and it fits well in the palm of the hand. The area that is designed to be held is covered with a rubber-like material to prevent slippage. This is a nice feature, although I would have preferred to have the ENTIRE Knobble covered by this non-slip rubber. A major problem I've found when using the Knobble is that the plastic is so smooth that it slides easily, making it very difficult to position in one place in order to target particular trigger points (which is the goal of acupressure treatment). In this sense, I'm not sure that the Knobble has any advantage over a simple tennis ball, which provides some grip due to friction. Furthermore, the shape of the Knobble, while unique, does not seem as useful in practice as a round ball--again, I've had much better success with my Yoga Tune Up therapy balls or even just a tennis ball.

In the end, I will keep using the Knobble, as I do find that it provides me with some relief. However, I also admit to being disappointed with this product, which I think could have been designed much better.
99 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2010
This product is a hand saver for trigger point work. This is a very small helpful tool, I have used it for self care as well in my job as a bodyworker for specific work-(great for deep foot work). I highly recommend The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief, Second Edition by Clair Davies, for those suffering from chronic undiagnosable pain in conjunction with the Knobble. Trigger points may not be the problem for you, but I have had clients that have tried everything else, and are worried they will be in pain forever, and for many of them this has been a godsend in terms of pain relief. The Knobble is a great tool- and portable and easy to use. I would recommend for self care having on hand 2 tennis balls and a racket ball, and the knobble. For those who want more the Thera Cane Massager or Body Back Buddy and travel size version of "The Stick" are helpful as well.
on April 2, 2010
I really wanted to buy the more expensive metal tool that could have ice or heat in it but just couldn't justify the price. Boy, am I glad I bought the Knobble II instead! Even though it doesn't look like much, it really can get deep into those areas of your body that have knots and spasms. With just a light pressure, it really works them out. Before, I was practically numbing my husband's thumb having him do pressure point. His thumb would hurt and shake from having to push so hard. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who has spasms or knots they want out. It can be used by yourself, but having someone else do it gets a better angle.
on October 9, 2009
This is a nice complement to my collection of Miracle Balls, tennis balls, Theracane, etc. Gets places I can't address well with my other gear. I like the non skid rim around the large part of it. It is nice to hold sideways and work on my neck while laying on my back in bed.

I would give it 5 stars, except I think it could be made better if the tip end of it could be made of a material with a slight give to it, kind of like the rubber in a super ball kids toy.
on March 8, 2012
I have a little collection of massage implements (no, not THOSE kind of massage implements), because if you have a persistent problem spot, you're always looking for The One.

Mine is the top of my shoulders. When they really get going, they're so tight that someone putting their hands on my shoulders makes me queasy. I pinch them and stab at them (my shoulders, that is) and it goes away for a week or so, but it's always back.
I've bought massage rocks, lame HomeMedics vibrating massagers and more expensive Thumper versions...several incarnations of those four-legged ball-ended massagers...and now this.

Honestly, my problem's not gone, but this is a VERY effective tool and can be used several ways (pointy end applies great pressure, flat side is good for smooth motions, and the 'band' around the side is slightly texturized for more resistance than the flat end. Lots of possibility.
My fiance has always had calves which are prone to spasming and are always tight, and reports that he was able to find a particular pressure point with this tool that he was not aware of before, has not had a cramp since, and that the tightness has decreased dramatically.
It's very inexpensive here, so you really can hardly go wrong trying one!
on December 16, 2010
This in the BEST item I have ever bought. I get knots is my shoulder and back. Before I would ask family to massage it out for me. They would all complaine that their fingers hurt because I need deep tissue. With this little Knobble II. They are just going for it, I am saying now not so hard! They now say we thought you wanted a deep tissue?(pay back) I do but The Knobble II will get right to the where you need it with just a little pressure. I have bought so many other products and paid for a lot of massages. Now I have the answer right here. You will love it get one today.ITS great!
on September 30, 2011
This is a great device to use if massage therapy is unavailable. I suffer from stress-related neck and back tension. In the past, I resorted to laying on a tennis ball or yoga massage therapy balls to work out the kinks. What I find very helpful in this tool is that it has a 'knuckle' as well as a flat surface. The knuckle is helpful in finding and working out those painful trigger points. If you hold the Knobble at an angle with the rubber friction band toward you, it can be useful in working the fascia of muscle. I've used this on my trapezius and posterior neck muscles which affect the neck and shoulders, as well as the jaw. I used the flatter dome side on my face, along my forehead which has been very effective in easing tension and sinus pressure. The Knobble is small enough to reach into the fascial layers which, if not attended to, will "enlist" other muscles to compensate, snowballing into worsening symptoms. I've experienced relief in even hard to reach muscles, such as the piri-formis (from the back of the femur into the buttocks) as well as the ilia-psoas (from the uppermost part of the thigh toward the spine). As this fits neatly into the palm of the hand, with rotating motion, have experienced no fatigue. It doesn't cost a fortune, it's easily transportable and washable. Tennis balls still work, but for delicate muscles in the face or the hands, say, this device works wonders!
on February 12, 2012
Hopefully everyone who suffers from chronic pain or seem prone to injury when exercising will discover the magic of self massage and trigger points like I did recently when I purchased The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook. However, the problem that occurs when you discover that so many of these nagging pains and injuries you have been coping with can be eliminated with localized massage, you will begin to wear out your hands/fingers trying to massage all of your trigger points.

I have purchased many self massage tools- foam rollers, massage balls, body back buddy, and this tool is maybe the most essential. You can reach almost any trigger point with it and appy pressure without fatiguing your hands. On top of that, its well made, small, and cheap, there is no reason to not purchase this item.