5.0 out of 5 stars Haste This!
Published on March 27, 2007 by Landers

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly adequate.
Overall, PtH is a adequate album. There's not much on here that really jumps out and grabs you, though. Few of the hooks or riffs really stood out for me. Some of the more melodic background vocals were a nice change to the metalcore screaming. I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could. Haste doesn't measure up to like, say, As I Lay Dying.

A perfectly adequate album.
Published on December 28, 2007 by N. Perz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Haste This!, March 27, 2007
I've been into Haste the Day since Burning Bridges and I know that their first singer Jimmy Ryan was sick on screaming vocals.. you can't deny any of his talent on songs like Substance or American Love but with his departure they had to find someone and I couldn't be happier with their pick. Haste the Day still have all the great vocal parts and they still have the sick breakdowns thrown in for fun. The production is fabulous on this record so I'll point that out as well. There are very few CDs where the last track keeps you wanting to let the CD repeat itself but Chorus of Angels is that song and it provides the perfet ending. I really have to hand it to HTD, it takes a lot to come back from a singer leaving but they should really proud of the effort and it's a really enjoyable CD from beginning to end. The DVD is really good too! It's got a lot of footage and Jimmy's last show with them.. well worth it to seem the play Blue 42! I won't spoil it. Keep going HTD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not A Kid's Review..., March 20, 2007
A Kid's Review
Changing or losing vocalists in bands is always a tough and risky situation. Haste The Day have tried to not let the loss of former screamer Jimmy Ryan stop them in making a great new record. I gave this record 5 stars not because it is perfect, but because HTD have remained to be the same band they always were. They do have a lot more melody and singing on this cd, but it seemed to be a natural progression from their last cd, When Everything Falls. The new vocalist replaces Jimmy fairly well though Jimmy definitely did have a much more identifiable scream. The new screams are much more generic and remind me of The Caitiff Choir by It Dies Today.This cd has many catchy and good tracks though. My favorites are "Pressure The Hinges", "In Memory" and "Chorus Of Angels". Some other notable tracks are "Stitches", "Servant Ties", "Vertigo" and "White Collar". Overall this is a good cd though it may get repetitive its still enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Pressure the Hinges (Audio CD)
Expert Vocals coupled with oh so interesting musicianship. One of the best bands, period.

Praise Jehovah and give thanks for His only begotten Son Jesus Christ - For [the death] that he died, he died with reference to sin once for all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haste the Day has still got it, August 20, 2007
First of all, people need to get over the idea that Jimmy Ryan "WAS Haste the Day." No he wasn't. HTD is 5 guys, and if you followed the band at all, you'd know that it was a totally amicable split. Jimmy wanted to get married, and he encouraged the fans to continue to support HTD w/ their new vocalist.

So, here we are 2 years later w/ a new CD called PRESSURE THE HINGES. HTD is now fronted by Steven Keech. He is not quite the screamer that Jimmy was (very few are), but I'd say he's a better vocalist all around, in terms of melody. The songs on the new album are also less formulated, like they were on WHEN EVERYTHING FALLS. "Chorus of Angels," the albums closer, is certainly the highlight. Other standout tracks for me are the title track, "Stitches," "The Oracle," "Servant Lies," "White Collar," and a bonus track called "In Memory."

The real highlight of this album is the DVD that comes w/ the special ed. It is definitely worth the extra few bucks, especially if you've been a HTD fan since their previous 2 albums. The DVD has 2 full live shows (Jimmy's last show and the 3/24/06 show in Atlanta on their tour w/ Between the Buried and Me, Bleeding Through, and Every Time I Die) plus a few misc. live songs including them doing an amazing version of "Blue 42" w/ Peter from an amazing, now defunct, band called WINTER SOLSTICE that you all need to check out. The DVD has their videos for "When Everything Falls," "The Closest Thing to Closure," and "American Love." It also has footage of the band hanging out backstage before their Atlanta gig and studio footage during the recording of this CD. The non-live footage on the DVD is a bit disappointing, though. I'd much rather hear about the history of the band and how/why they formed instead of seeing the members get dressed in front of the camera or wrestle around w/ each other w/o their shirts on. Here are the live songs:

3/24/06 in Atlanta
1. Fallen
2. The Perfect Night
3. The Closest Thing to Closure
4. Walk On
5. Blue 42
6. When Everything Falls

Misc live songs
- "Blue 42" (w/ Peter from Winter Solstice, 9/11/06 in Atlanta)
- "The Perfect Night" & "Pressure the Hinges" (12/20/06 in SC)

Jimmy's Last Show - 12/30/05 in Indianapolis
1. When Everything Falls
2. One Life to Live
3. Fallen
4. Walk On
5. An Honest Confession
6. American Love
7. Blue 42

This album is really solid, but definitely get the special ed. w/ bonus tracks and the DVD. While I doubt Haste the Day will ever top BURNING BRIDGES, the new album PRESSURE THE HINGES is a step back in the right direction for the band while also having them evolve musically.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is some tough-minded Christian hardcore, August 4, 2008
This review is from: Pressure the Hinges (Audio CD)
Haste The Day's music flies like a bird, floats like a butterfly, and stings like a bee. it has a melodic side to it that reminds me a bit of Killswitch Engage and As I Lay Dying. if you like Christian and secular metalcore, I have some recommendations for you. on top of this band, get the Showdown, Killswitch Engage, Underoath, Zao, Unearth, Norma Jean, Since The Flood, It Dies Today, A Life Once Lost, As I Lay Dying, Turmoil, Earth Crisis, Becoming The Archetype, Fight Paris (now Stone Rider), Most Precious Blood, Flee The Seen, War Of Ages, the Autumn Offering, Losa, Eighteen Visions, Terror, the Red Chord, Cataract, and Hedfirst. I hope this band releases a new album soon because they have a great future ahead of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great meets even better., March 16, 2009
This review is from: Pressure the Hinges (Audio CD)
Well what can I say, I wasn't a huge fan of the "When Everything Falls" album **pause for tomato throwing** LOL I'm sorry but there just wasn't enough "UHMP!" so to speak, to pull me in. "Pressure The Hinges" however is through and through, from start to finish an AMAZING album for lack of a better and less cliche adjective. I'm honestly in love with this album, although "Dreamer" came in at a close second. "Pressure The Hinges" brings melodic hardcore to a whole different level. Anyone who doesn't like this CD I'm sorry, you're simply just not right in the head. I am proud to say I'll be catching these boys on the Saints & Sinners tour coming up in April, and I couldn't be more stoked about it :]

5.0 out of 5 stars New Singer Brings His A Game., December 27, 2008
This review is from: Pressure the Hinges (Audio CD)
Im not gonna lie when i heard that Jimmy Ryan wasn't singing for Haste the day anymore i figured well there go's that bands career...but i didn't lose all faith in them cause i was still very curious weather they were gonna make it or not. Man is this guy is good..He's got a great screaming and singing voice..and the whole feel of the songs just feel alot smoother like they flow so much better..He did not disappoint..but its not the most unique thing in the world..but its still very good..i still miss jimmy's voice..He kinda had that high pitched demon sounding scream..haha kinda like a Angry Cat..but The albulm was rad..you should check it out,

5.0 out of 5 stars Pressure the HInges, May 12, 2007
Adam (Cinci, OH) - See all my reviews
Definately a great album. They do a lot more singing in this cd, but when it's time to do a breakdown, they do a freakin breakdown. Took me two times listenting to it to really appreciate the new singer Shephen. He's got a little deeper and more metal scream... but is an awesome sound in this metalcore band... it woudn't change him for anything. I would definately suggest this album for any As I Lay Dying, Still Remains, etc. fans. If anyone looking at this cd wants to hear what metalcore is all about, the song Chorus of Angels (#13) pretty much embodies it.

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!!!, May 7, 2007
S. Tiltmann "Shaun" (Gauteng, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This album is pretty cool. It's a whole new approach for them as a band and it reaches new levels, but the only thing missing is Jimmy Ryan's voiceon vocals! I'm not saying I don't like the new vocalist, but it's too clean. With Jimmy's voice you can hear the hurt in his heart. But I dig HTD and will always support them. And btw. I'm from good ol' South Africa. Go on, and support the cause and possibly the best christian metal band around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Christian Metal!!, October 21, 2008
John Minor (Clermont, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pressure The Hinges (MP3 Music)
I love it! These guys are heavy, yet melodic and their lead singer has a great voice. Very powerful and still Christian music. If you like Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu and/or Underoath then you need pick this one up for sure. Their latest release came out October the 14th, so take a look at that one too. About 4.5 stars, but once I get to know the songs probably 5 stars

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›