Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 55% off the $119.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
|Price:||$68.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$50.05 (42%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection in minutes. Quickly cooks and tenderizes economical cuts of meat.
- Stainless steel construction with a special tri-clad base for fast, uniform heating. Ideal for use on regular and smooth top ranges.
- Pressure regulator maintains proper cooking pressure automatically. Pressure regulator/steam release valve offers an effortless "quick cool" option.
- Cover lock indicator shows at a glance when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from beig opened until pressure is safely reduced.
- Stainless steel steaming basket for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling of flavors. Includes a 64-page instruction/recipe book.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Pressure cookers have experienced renewed popularity over the last several years because cooks have rediscovered what some cooks (particularly grandmas) have known for a long time--they're really fast. And it's easy to cook healthfully with pressure cookers, since the food retains so much more of its nutrients and flavor. Presto's 8-quart pressure cooker is a multi-purpose pot that can stand in as a conventional soup pot as well as perform the kitchen magic that pressure cookers are famous for. Chicken Cacciatore cooks in 8 minutes! (The USDA recommends pressure canning as the only safe method for low-acid foods such as vegetables, meats, and poultry.) This professional-quality stainless steel pressure cooker is a handy addition to any well-rounded set of kitchen tools.
The heavy-duty lid locks down during cooking; an inner sealing ring keeps the steam in. In addition to a pop-up pressure indicator and a simple steam release mechanism, there is an overpressure plug that will let off steam if it builds up excessively. This pressure cooker is useful for weeknight dinners or for any meal that needs to come together quickly. An accompanying booklet contains 75 recipes, ranging from basic soup stocks to stews and pot roasts--even desserts like Petite Pumpkin Custards! Tenderize lean cuts of beef or pork; or cook chicken, fish, or vegetables faster than you can in a microwave, and without losing moisture.
Nonabrasive cleansers are best for cleaning this stainless steel pressure cooker, though occasional use of a fine metal polish will help the exterior keep its shine. The Presto 8-quart pressure cooker is fully immersible; in addition, the sealing ring should be removed after each use to allow cleaning of the inside rim of the lid. The vent pipe is simple to keep clean with a small brush or pipe cleaner, and both the air vent/cover lock and the overpressure plug are removable. The pressure cooker measures 10-1/2 inches in diameter (15-1/2 inches including handles) and 8-1/2 inches tall (including lid). Presto guarantees this pressure cooker with an extended 12-year warranty. A detailed instruction and recipe booklet is included; special safety issues that pertain to pressure cookers are clearly explained. --Garland Withers
Package Quantity: 1 | Style Name: Silver
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Products For Health||Amazon.com|
|Material||stainless steel||Aluminum||Stainless Steel||18-10 Steel|
|Size||8 qt.||8 qt||8 Quart||8.5-Quart|
|Dimensions||10.5 inches x 17.4 inches x 11 inches||20.75 inches x 11.69 inches x 7.1 inches||10.1 inches x 17.2 inches x 11.1 inches||12.48 inches x 18.06 inches x 11.51 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
* Easy to use flip pressure regulator for quick release of pressure
* Only has 15 lbs pressure that is adequate for normal pressure cooking
* Has handles on both sides that makes the cooker easy to carry and stable when full.
* Stainless won't interact with food product such as tomatoes.
* 8 qt. capacity gives 4 qts of capacity when cooking foaming products such as beans or lentils.
* Easier to clean than some pressure cookers I have used.
* Only cooks at 15 lbs of pressure, where some recipes call for only 10 lbs and would have to be adjusted.
* Most canning is done at 10 lbs pressure at sealevel and up to 1000 ft elevation
* I respectfully disagree that this cooker is meant for canning. It could process 3 or 4 pints in a pinch, but a 23 qt pressure cooker is the canning workhorse and will hold 19 pts or 7 qts. The manual suggests not canning in it, and it doesn't have a canning trivet included.
* It is much lighter weight than older Presto models, so I don't know if it will last as long as the old ones did.
Overall, it is a great pressure cooker for most cooking, and is a very good value.
Though I only have experience with Presto, I cannot imagine another cooker being worth either the savings or the extra expense.
If you only want to own one pressure cooker, don't get the smaller sizes. When you want to do a big stew, chicken or roast you won't have room. A small secondary pressure cooker for extra vegetables etc. might be useful, but not as your primary cooker.
Hey Presto, A double-decker basket would be nice for separating certain foods. How about it?
*Never* buy the aluminum pressure cookers, they save you money but are forever spreading aluminum about when you clean them. Stainless steel rocks(heh heh).
As always, never risk letting a cooker run dry while cooking under pressure.
This ain't your grandmother's accident-waiting-to-happen pressure cooker. This model is super easy to use. The lid locks firmly in place with a click, so you know when it is properly seated. It has plenty of redundant safety features. It is well made - you'll know you have a solid, safe cooker when you lift it. It's good quality steel - nothing sticks to the bottom.
The Presto 1370 comes with good, easy recipes to get you started, but I highly recommend you explore Lorna Sass' fabulous pressure-cooker cookbooks Pressure Perfect: Two Hour Taste in Twenty Minutes Using Your Pressure Cooker Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure to quickly expand your choices. Some of my favorite recipes are chili, brisket in beer and mustard gravy with smashed garlic potatoes, pozole (pork & hominy stew), beans bourguignon, vegetarian picadillo (a Cuban dish) and so much more. Combine pressure-cooked beans with vegetarian slow cooking Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker: 200 Recipes for Healthy and Hearty One-Pot Meals That Are Ready When You Are, and your meals will be ready faster and easier.
A note about buying from Amazon vs.Read more ›
Features I was looking for:
1. 8 Qt. Capacity. Perhaps the 6 qt. would have fit our needs 80% of the time, but for the other 20%, when a big stew or batch of stock was necessary, this pot gives us the flexibility in one pot.
2. Stainless Steel. Easy to clean. Additionally, this PC has the tri-ply base, so it efficiently handles heat, and allows you to saute or brown ingredients prior to putting them under pressure.
3. Reputable Manufacturer and Worry-free spare parts. Presto fit the bill perfectly. They've been around forever, and parts are readily available from a variety of sources.
I had a 6 qt aluminum prior to this pressure cooker. The aluminum cooker was a basic model with the rocking top. It did what it was supposed to do and did it well. However, I found myself wanting a larger capacity cooker with the above features.
This Presto doesn't have the fancy bells and whistles of some of the other manufacturers, but it is safe and it performs just as well. A pressure cooker either holds its pressure or it doesn't-- I wasn't convinced I needed to pay 2-4 times as much for a unit that didn't perform noticeably better or give me any real additional benefits.
The pressure regulator on this unit doesn't rock-- it simply begins to emit a wisp of steam when it comes to pressure. The lever controls 2 things-- pressure or venting. When you slide the lever to "vent", the steam exhausts straight upwards. It's not dangerous to your hands, but can also exhaust part of your liquid-- this is a drawback in my opinion.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Simple & practical. There are so many choices of pressure cookers to choose from. This is my second Presto pressure cooker. Read morePublished 4 days ago by MrsT
It was not as wide as older models so it wouldn't work for us. We had to return it. I wish they would give the dimensions in the adds.Published 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
I loved using my Presto 6 quart pressure cooker so much that I ordered the 8 quart for larger batches of broths, soups, etc. Read morePublished 13 days ago by shrinking footprint
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.