Questions & Answers
Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper, White
by Presto
4.3 out of 5 stars (5,503)
$22.44
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 169 questions
votes
You order that separately.
Jan 20, 2014 by H. Franz
votes
Yes. I have a Presto PopLite and have completed hundreds of roasts in it. Use about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of unroasted coffee beans per batch, depending on the size of the bean. You must agitate the beans during the roast or you will cause the chaff to ignite and the beans to scorch. To do this, I hold the popper in my hands and gently shake it up and down. I also replaced the lid with a small piece of duct work from the hardware store. Roasting coffee in the popper will obviously void the warranty, but in my experience, it is the best and cheapest way to roast coffee at home.
Feb 5, 2014 by P. Nelson
votes
Made in China.
Jun 8, 2013 by AppleJack
votes
coffee Nov 27, 2013
You can certainly roast coffee in this, however you may not be able to reach darker roasts. You want 1400-1500 watts to roast to 2nd crack and the description doesn't specify wattage. I've been roasting with a different popcorn maker for over a year now, although I did have to modify it a little to reach high temps.
Jul 4, 2014 by delawaredrew
vote
How many watts? Aug 2, 2013
According to the information stamped on the bottom of the machine, 1440 watts.
Aug 2, 2013 by Amazon Customer
vote
unpopped kernels? Mar 26, 2014
As in, how many are there? We've been using it for a couple months now and I'd say there are only a few each time we use it. I think this pop corn maker is awesome!
Mar 26, 2014 by Jeffrey Edinger
vote
No they are not the same! They look similar but perform completely different. Buy the older model 04820 or 04821(04821 made for Orville Rededbachers) they work great! The 04846 blows almost half of the popcorn out unpopped and blasts it all over the place missing the bowl completely. I just returned a 04846 I bought and picked up a 04820 what a difference, works like it should.
Dec 9, 2014 by Paul A.
vote
The manual says it does: "This popper is thermostatically controlled. It will shut off to prevent overheating, if the popping chamber is overfilled or if the popper is used for continuous popping for extended periods of time without turning it off and allowing it to cool." So if it gets overheated it'll shut off, and then you have to unplug it for 15 mins. But if you leave it plugged in after you're done popping, i'm not sure what'll happen.
Jun 13, 2014 by Monique Reece
vote
You are probably not using enough popcorn for each batch. Try using at least 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup and you shouldn't have any problem.
Jun 6, 2012 by DustyRose
vote
no salt but you can melt a little butter in the measuring cup on top but nothing goes in popping chamber but kernels...just follow the directions.
Nov 15, 2013 by RIbeach baby
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   17   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers