5.0 out of 5 stars If it will fit, it will come out tasty!
Published on August 28, 2002 by Delicious D

2.0 out of 5 stars No Temprature function
I had put this item on my wedding registry thinking that it would be a convenient device to use when I am frying food. However, when I used it I found two major things wrong with it. One, the most important, the outer shell got so hot that I had to put a towel around it so that someone would not burn their hand. Two, it didn't have a temprature scale. If I wanted to...
Published on January 5, 2005 by Manjari Kumar

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If it will fit, it will come out tasty!, August 28, 2002
Delicious D (Bellingham, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Presto Fry Daddy Junior - 05422 (Kitchen)
Ok, so sky's the limit here. This thing is so much fun that I can only imagine what it would be like to own one of its bigger brothers. The Fry Daddy Jr. will cook anything that will fit inside of it. Experiments to date include everything from boring old french fries, to corn beef hash taquito wraps, and even tempura battered brautworst! NOTE: Cook brats all the way through before battering and frying. This seems like a pretty safe piece of equipment to operate indoors as I haven't started any fires with it yet. But as with any hot grease situation, have some flour or baking powder on hand just in case things get out of control. Children and experimental adults should probably use a "cooking buddy". If you can afford one of the larger models, go for it. Just remember, the larger the Fry Daddy, the more hot oil you will be dealing with. The more hot oil that you are dealing with, the greater potental for danger. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lil fryer, October 19, 2003
chicoer2003 "chicoer2003" (Fresno, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Presto Fry Daddy Junior - 05422 (Kitchen)
It's small and fries well. On my first trying I fried some fries and they came out crispy and not oily. Then I tried some fried candy bar and they were good. An awesome fryer for an awesome price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful!, January 6, 2003
faye & jim fiegel (conroe, texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Presto Fry Daddy Junior - 05422 (Kitchen)
We are very pleased with this item.We eat a lot of fried foods.Especially fried catfish and chicken.The size is perfect for just us or when we have company.We've had it 4 days and already we've had fried chicken,french fries and cheese sticks.All were cooked to perfection.The time chart said cook chicken for 15 minutes but,ours was done in 9 minutes.
It is easy to clean and with the lid it is easy to store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just big enough for wings, April 6, 2004
This review is from: Presto Fry Daddy Junior - 05422 (Kitchen)
My husband kept "threatening" to make his own wings. Uh huh......keep saying that & one day you will, right ? Well, for Xmas, I got him this baby. I wrapped it up with some Crisco & wing sauce and put it under the tree. Guess what ? It was the big hit of Christmas. In no time hubby was the wing master ! This little fryer will keep a man occupied for hours, thinking of new things to fry. Donuts, shrimp,chicken,wings,egg rolls,potatoes...oh, and lets not forget. There is also a fried oreo. Only thing we don't like is that it will overflow . Five r six wings is the limit. The grease will bubble out & pour down the counter. Comes with a "scooper" and a lid, so you can reuse the oil. Heats fast and evenly, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Presto Fry Daddy Junior, June 16, 2003
Lu Ann Stratford (Thornton, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Presto Fry Daddy Junior - 05422 (Kitchen)
Great product especially for a smaller family. We don't eat a lot of fried foods but we do use the fryer for french fries and such. Once you've had french fries cooked this way you can never go back to baking ! Very durable; mine just quit after working for more than 20 years- I'm going right out to buy another !

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, Sue..., June 3, 2004
This review is from: Presto Fry Daddy Junior - 05422 (Kitchen)
In response to Sue O' The Wings, I have used the FryDaddy for the last dozen years or so and the oil has never once boiled over. I would guess you are either adding too much oil (above the line, in other words) or adding too many food items at once. Either that or the food you are adding is too wet, thus reacting with the oil and causing the bubbling boil.
At any rate, I would recommend this product to anyone who loves to cook. One drawback - you will gain weight! Fried chicken, chicken fried steaks, home fries, fried fish, any fried food is so quickly and easily made, it's too easy to get hooked on the greasy yumminess!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Frying, August 2, 2005
This review is from: Presto Fry Daddy Junior - 05422 (Kitchen)
I am the only person in my household and I do not fry a lot. The Fry Daddy Jr. Is perfect for a person that wants to just fry something for one or two or even more. It heats quickly and maintains its frying temperature the whole time unlike some of the deep fryers I have used in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooker...DANGEROUS ADVICE, February 24, 2004
This review is from: Presto Fry Daddy Junior - 05422 (Kitchen)
I had to comment on Delicious D's review. The correct kitchen items for suppressing a grease fire (or other flame) are Baking SODA or SALT to smother the flames. FLOUR dust in the AIR can ignite EXPLOSIVELY. Concrete grain silos have been blown to bits by ignited flour dust. Sorry Delicious D. Otherwise your review was right on. I have used a Fry Daddy in my kitchen for over 10 years. I store it in my refrigerator and filter the peanut oil thru cheesecloth every couple of uses and the oil stays fresh for quite a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Cheap, May 31, 2003
Tina Thibeault (Eastpointe, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Presto Fry Daddy Junior - 05422 (Kitchen)
This is a great deep fryer with a nice cheap price, works excellent and its not too big neither, so far no problems just great food!

5.0 out of 5 stars Presto Fry Daddy Junior, April 2, 2004
Erik B. Cass (APO, AA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Presto Fry Daddy Junior - 05422 (Kitchen)
My wife is from Colombia, and therefore regularly fries plantains, yucca, and potatoes. This unit is heats up very quickly, and has an electrical cord that attaches to the unit by means of a magnetic lock. So, if the device is bumped somehow it will automatically become disconnected from power. Good forethought on the manufactures part. (Though, it won't help boiling oil from spilling on the floor :) )
It is a little small, but that's fine for our two-person family. Im also not a big fan of the plastic top, which I worry might become disformed or burned over time if replaced on the unit before it has completely cooled.
The spatula also leaves something to be desired, but since the real product is the fryer itself, I wouldn't knock it, but I would recommend a more solid utensil, one with a much longer handle and a deeper scoop, if you don't have one already.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›