5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful product
I purchased the Pretika Sonic Dermabrasion brush about 4 weeks ago, and it is a wonderful product! Originally wanted the clarisonic, but the Pretika is a great alternative and very reasonable price. My skin is combination (oily tzone). I dont have sensitive skin, so I use it daily on the lower setting as part of my regular skin care routine.. and once a week on stronger...
Published on July 17, 2009 by PinkyGirlie

2.0 out of 5 stars Gentle enough for senstive skin
*I originally gave this brush four stars, but have since downgraded my review to two stars since it stopped working after seven months.*

I've only had my Pretika for about a week, so I will be sure to update this review since several people have commented that it breaks down after a month or two. In the short time I've had it, though, it works really...
Published on March 5, 2010 by Leanne

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars not so much, July 23, 2010
Betti (Ringwood, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush (Health and Beauty)
I have to say I rarely write a review but feel the need here. I absolutely loved the Pretika Facial Brush and used it religiously until it stopped working around 2 months after I purchased it...just does not hold a charge at all. I wish I had thought of returning it while I still could but too much time has passed...oh well. For a product I initially loved I am very disappointed and will not purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars alternative to the clarisonic, January 7, 2010
This review is from: Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush (Health and Beauty)
I recently purchased the clarisonic for myself and I love it, my face is so much cleaner and I have noticed it is firmer too. My 15 year old daughter says "I want one too" I was not about to spend that much money on her or let her use mine (I may never see it again) Sorry sweetie. I found this alternative at amazon. It seemed to have pretty decent reviews, so I got it for my daughter for Christmas. She really likes it. She has noticed her pores are getting smaller and feels her face it cleaner.
If you don't or can't spend the money for a clarisonic this is a good alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, June 30, 2010
This review is from: Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush (Health and Beauty)
I've had this brush less than a week and it has already done great things for my skin. I have a patch of shallow acne scars on one cheek that are already softening. The brush bristles are rough, but for dermabrasion-especially for scarred skin, they need to be rough to get the job done. My pores are already looking tighter. Fine lines on my forehead are smoothing out. I use Burt's Bees Rosemary and Peppermint bar soap with my Pretika, and I get a nice exfoliation and deep clean. But I don't really get any microdermabrasion happening until I add baking soda. It is the baking soda mixed with Burt's Bees soap suds that is polishing down the acne scarring on my cheek.
I use my Pretika twice a day, morning and night. Morning I use the gentle setting and just the soap. Night I use the strong setting and add baking soda to my trouble area.
The first couple of days, I had a couple of dry, hard patches on my face that were kind of scaly and peeling. I think that I had so much build up of dead skin in those areas that it took the Pretika a couple of days to break through them to the soft, glowing skin underneath.
So far, I am really amazed with this product and I wish I had bought it years ago.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor purchase!, March 1, 2010
This review is from: Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush (Health and Beauty)
I purchased one brush for myself as an alternative of the clarisonic and it worked great for the first few weeks. I notice a difference in my skin so I order one for my sister and one for my mom. About a month or two later my would not charge and kept beeping so I returned it and got a new one that lasted about the same time and my sisters and moms both did the same thing so I did not bother replacing them. I would not recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase, March 11, 2010
This review is from: Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush (Health and Beauty)
I have had this for about two weeks and am in love with it! I have combination skin with a very oily forehead. I also get very flaky around my chin and nose so I have such a hard time finding a product that works for both problems my skin has. Let me tell you I have never had more people comment on how glowy and bright my skin has looked lately. My pores seems to be less clogged where they are larger by my cheeks and I see significantly less blackheads there as well. I use this in conjuction with my Pro Activ and I use it twice a day on the lower setting. I don't think it's too harsh and it feels really great on my skin. I was itching for a Clarisonic but I'm sorry their prices are ridiculous. This is such a great alternative. I agree with previous reviews in that you need to keep it dry when you charge it. It says that in the directions as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, March 23, 2010
This review is from: Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush (Health and Beauty)
I have been using this product for only a week but I actually look years younger. It seems like it has smoothed fine lines, cleans deep, shrinks pores and leaves my face soft and smooth. My skin actually glows. I have only used my regular over the counter facial soap with it. You really cannot beat the price. I say try this one before spending the money on the clarisonic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a huge difference in my pore size, October 1, 2011
This review is from: Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush (Health and Beauty)
I have had mine for over 2 years and will never be without one. This recent one was purchased for my daughter at her request as she dropped the first one I got her a few too many times. Mine still works beautifully. I've never used a Clairsonic but I don't know what the difference would be. I've felt both the brushes and they seem comparable - except the Pretika is active out to the edge whereas the Clairsonic seems to only moves in the middle - seems outer edge is does nothing. The brush does not spin - it vibrates, so it's very gentle but you can really feel the difference. In the beginning, I was so anxious that I 'overdid' it and my face peeled a little. No real problem - just don't get over enthused. It's easy to get carried away as it feels SO good and leaves your face wonderfully smooth. The pore size on my nose definitely decreased. BTW, I'm 70 and I wish they had something like this when I was much younger and I would probably have had a flawless complexion. It would be wonderful for teens - anyone! Just let it ride gently around your face - don't pull at your skin. Then I use an astringent followed by my moisturizer. If you have beautiful skin you probably won't even need make up. I'll bet anything you'll love it and never be without one again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine product, July 13, 2010
This review is from: Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush (Health and Beauty)
The Clarisonic was too expensive for me. The Pretika facial brush does everything it promises. The head is large enough to use on my rough knees and elbows, leaving them smooth. It has helped reduce the lines on my neck and hyperpigmentation on my chest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Works Wonders., August 7, 2010
This review is from: Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush (Health and Beauty)
I was interested in the clairsonic microdermabrasion brush but couldn't justify paying that much to try a product. I am glad I purchased this very reasonably priced and capable alternative. I was looking for something to brighten my complexion and help manage oil and unclog pores on my nose. I started out using the brush once a day at night with my normal Bliss cleanser and I noticed a difference right away. The brush has two speeds and automatically times for you when you should move it to a different area of your face. Now after about three weeks of use I am having many positive comments from people who don't even know I am using something. Someone asked me what I am doing with my makeup because my face is so bright and vibrant looking. My answer was, I AM NOT WEARING MAKEUP! To be 42 years old and walk out with out any makeup says a lot about a product. I just use the bush and some SPF moisturizer and I am good. My pores are unclogged not only on the nose area but everywhere and are smaller and much less noticeable. I am very happy with the product. I charged it up one time and have been using that same charge this entire time. When it needs to be recharged I will make sure it is completely dry before putting it on the power stand. I also watched a youtube video of someone demoing the use of the brush and that was helpful to me. It is best to wet your face and put on the cleanser all over and then use the brush. Don't put the cleanser on the brush. I am now using the product on the gentle setting twice a day and it really works for me. My face is much cleaner using this product then from washing with cleanser alone. It comes with two brushes and I am still on the first brush. I will buy some replacements to have around. I've never used the clairsonic but this product works well for me at a much lower price. what more can you ask for?

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, but not for sensitive skin, October 13, 2010
This review is from: Pretika SonicDermabrasion Facial Brush (Health and Beauty)
This Product is half a dupe for the clarisonic. It does heavy vibration, but I do wish the brush was more softer. So if you do use this product, Do not press down, lightly press to your skin. It does make my skin feel cleaner, it is not an acne solution, that has a lot to do with your food intake and that lifestyle, also with what cleanser you decide to use. I thought after i kept using this product that the bristles would soften up, but it did not. So the only alternative I have to that is just a light touch to your skin. I did call the maufacturer for differnt heads for sensitive skin, but they only had the one set. All and all this product is a good product, But beware you only have a 30day limited warranty and anything were to happen after that point there is a fee you have to pay, so thats a negative. But just take care of it, dont let fluid leak to the charging station, what I do after im finished, i wipe it completely down, let it dry, before i put back on the charging station i remove the brush head, obviously that stays damp, then im ok. I have had this about 8 months, does very well for me. But I have given it serious thought and I do what the Clarisonic, and will be making a future purcahse. Hope this Review does help.

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›