Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Pretty Delicious: Lean and Lovely Recipes for a Healthy, Happy New You Hardcover – February 1, 2011
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
CANDICE KUMAI received her culinary training at Le Cordon Bleu California School of Culinary Arts and has worked in several Los Angeles restaurants. After appearing on the first season of Bravo's Top Chef, she became the host of Lifetime's hit series Cook Yourself Thin and was a contributing writer to the #1 New York Times bestseller Cook Yourself Thin: Skinny Meals You Can Make in Minutes. She has also appeared on TLC's Home Made Simple and Cooking Channel's Unique Eats and has contributed to various food and lifestyle publications. Candice continues her journey of spreading her love of pretty delicious cooking, good health, and living a fabulous life in New York City.
More About the Author
In addition to contributing regularly on E! News and Access Hollywood Live, by the age of 29, Candice was also featured on The Today Show, CBS Early Show, GMA, The Doctors, Dr. Oz, The Talk, Extra, Cooking Channel, PBS Simply Ming, Food Network, Top Chef, Iron Chef and Beat Bobby Flay. She is the former Food Editor-At-Large at Shape and Men's Fitness. She is the Resident Culinary Adviser at Clean Eating magazine. Candice's newest cookbook, Clean Green Eats is published by HarperWave, a division of HarperCollins.
Her current cookbooks include Cook Yourself Thin, Pretty Delicious, Cook Yourself Sexy, and Clean Green Drinks. Her charitable contributions include work with Health Corps, The James Beard Foundation, 1,000 Days, The Chef's Garden, The Japan Society, The White House Initiative for AAPI, Wellness in the Schools (WITS), and The US Japan Council. Candice is featured in and contributes as a health journalist to dozens of food, health, beauty, fashion, and lifestyle publications. She writes for Men's Health, Women's Health, Prevention, People, Cosmopolitan, Shape, Men's Fitness and Clean Eating. She is a former fashion model and currently is in love with avocados, coconut and her cat, Sisi. She lives in New York City.
Candice loves connecting with her readers: @CandiceKumai on instagram & twitter
Visit CandiceKumai.com for all of her newest recipes and upcoming events!
"Candice Kumai, a prolific cookbook author, is one of the country's most recognized clean-food chefs."- Prevention Magazine
Top Customer Reviews
I've had the book for a few months now and have made the following recipes:
- blueberry bran muffins - lifesavers! I freeze these for a great grab and go breakfast
- spinich artichoke dip - Yum! Hubby didn't even know this was reduced calorie
- cucumber tea 'wiches - love this for a light lunch
- mushroom and potato pierogies - very hard to roll the pierogies and form them - it took forever and i didn't get many well formed pierogies. However, the filling is DELICIOUS and sometimes I make it as a side for dinner
- 3 veg curry - yummy, homemade indian sauce. I love this one - total comfort food
- spicy soba with shitakes and peas - yum! great lunch option. I never tried soba noodles before but I found them easily in my small town grocery store and was surprised that they are low calorie, high protein and high fiber. Wow! The only suggestion I have to to try to find reduced sodium noodles if you can, they are really salty
- platinum mac and cheese - GREAT but i suggest omitting the garlic powder. I also added freshly ground pepper and reduced the amount of salt. I want to try it with added broccoli next time to add some veggies. I was VERY skeptical of this recipe because it uses 3 cups of almond milk which I thought was really weird but it came out really well. don't be afraid to try this one!
THANK YOU, Candice for this beautiful book that makes these healthy and nutritious recipes so accessible and... Pretty.
Bonus, Candice is one of the sweetest people ever! I've made the brownies a couple of times and while yummy, I can't get them to stop turning out like fluffy chocolate cake. She took the time to respond to my e-mail and give me some tips for next time!
The beautiful layout of this cookbok makes each recipe easy to understand and its story, relatable. This is a cookbook that will live on your countertop or coffee table. The recipes are stylish, healthy (she substitutes ingredients but truly maintains key flavor), and unique. The "Food w/ Benefits" (FWB) chart, tips and advice, and vegetarian/vegan symbols are user friendly and very informative!
Pretty Delicious is for every woman out there. Cheers!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Favorite chef. Beautiful hardback book. The recipes are very easy to follow. I tend to go back to these recipes every few weeks.Published 7 months ago by Laura
This book is phenomenal! Candice's recipes are filling, tasty and fun to prepare. I've made so many of the recipes and they have quickly become standards in our household. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Meredith Cunningham