4.0 out of 5 stars Chic comfort
Here's the deal. I agree with parts of both the previous reviews. I must admit at first I was a bit underwhelmed in the fabric because the picture has the flowy look of chiffon but it is not. And that's okay. Here's the pros:
-super comfy, light & airy
-universally l flattering for probably every body type (even for those of us with more to love)...
Published 21 months ago by Alexis

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a slip
Published on July 22, 2012 by AmandaV

4.0 out of 5 stars Chic comfort, March 25, 2013
This review is from: Ever Pretty Women's Double V-neck Chic Empire Waist Party Dress 0279B (Apparel)
-super comfy, light & airy
-washable
-simple aesthetic but able to reach that WOW factor potential with the right accessories
-can be dressed up or down (think cute cropped or fitted jean jacket and metallic sandals for a casual but still sexy look - great date night ensemble)
-would pack well for a destination wedding/cruise
-it's a classic design and hides imperfections nicely as fabric is very forgiving. Worried about your arms? Pairs splendidly with a lace bolero/shrug.
-sweet & sensual without being overly
-you can dance all night at a wedding or event and not have to worry about hiding straps, your dress shifting all over or falling down (strapless is such a monster pain), or being worried you'll behind over and expose your tush to everyone
-you will wear this again and again

Cons:
-I'd rather have paid no more than $25-30. I say this because I've found similar dresses at
Ross for less. BUT I have Amazon Prime and it was $39 with free shipping so...that's just more motivation to wear it multiple times.
-fabric is not a natural fiber or as luxe as it appears (it is, however, durable)
-it is a pullover style as it does not have a zipper and isn't really "fitted" or sized with numbers (not sure if that's under the 'Con' category but FYI; like the other reviewer indicated, it should be labeled S,M,L, etc)

Well, there ya have it. Now personally, I'm pretty pleased with the dress and look forward to wearing it for my event. You too can decide to rock this look or not. Just know that somewhere I will be dancing the night away in this lovely dress and enjoying every minute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty dress, color is deceptive., March 7, 2012
J W "Mn_Night_RN" (Coon Rapids, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This is a pretty dress, and seems to be well made. The packaging however was very cheap! The color of the fabric is kind of a plum, but it's very sheer and over a white underlayer. It has nice lace detail on the underskirt at the hem, but otherwise is a bit plainer in person than I expected, needs some bling to go with it. The sizing seems to vary. I ordered 2 dresses in a size 6 for my bridesmaids, and one was a full 2 inches bigger in the waist than the other. This will work out for us as we just found out one is pregnant, and the dress will work over the baby bump ;) All in all I would recommend this dress.

4.0 out of 5 stars DMVMT, October 5, 2013
DMVMT "Avid Reader" (San Antonio, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
The dress is very feminine because of the color and the lace on the bottom. The fit is good -- not to tight and not too loose. Also, you don't need a special bra -- that's always a good point for me. I just wish it was a little longer. One other observation, there's a piece of material which is attached to the middle of the dress. It has a tendency to droop instead of laying flat. What you have to do is iron it in place and then I tacked it on each side.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a slip, July 22, 2012
I was disappointed to have paid almost $50 for this dress. I needed it for a wedding and had no time to go to a store. I assumed, because I picked a specific size (in the 2,4,6,8,10 sizing scheme) that it would be somewhat fitted. No. It was made out of cheap material and I ended up having to wear something else because it looked like an undergarment due. I think this would be fine in black or another dark color, but it just did not work in lavender for a daytime event. Also, I think it would be better if they just labeled the sizes S,M,L, so you realize you're not buying a dress that's even remotely tailored.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected!!!!!, May 21, 2014
I'm 5'9" and about 200 lbs I ordered the size US 16 and it fits great! I was worried about the V neck to be too deep but it covers up the girls fully! I'm going to accessorize with a thick light gold belt because the sash doesn't allow much shape for me but other than that this is so great! I was leery on ordering something that wasn't prime shipping but holy cow! I placed my order Saturday and it just came in the mail today (Wednesday). So 5 stars all around. Btw this was my first time ordering a dress online and I will be back to purchase again from this seller! You really only need to order based on your bust size too because the waist and hips are free flowing on the dress.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Green Dress, June 26, 2014
I was nervous about other reviews, but i love the color. It is a little shear, but i think a good slip will help with that. As other reviewers have pointed out, the dress is sized bigger…so def try a size smaller than you think you normally are. I think this will be a great pick for the party i'm attending this weekend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great surprise!, August 15, 2014
This dress really blew me away. It was cheap and I didn't get my hopes up much, but when it came, it fit perfectly. I am an american dress size 10/12 (more on the 12 size this summer) and my bra size is a 36A. Everything fit perfectly. I love the little lace tier at the bottom, the v-neck and empire waist line that doesn't expose any of my stomach flab!!! I wore this to several fancy events this summer and plan to wear this any time I need an easy-to-wear black dress.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, April 22, 2014
As some others have mentioned, the overlay material is a little odd, but nothing terrible. It is a pretty dress and will look like nice dressed up or down. I am 5'4" and the dress hits me at about mid-thigh. The back is cut in a "V", but it is not too low, so a special bra is not necessary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous dress, December 2, 2013
The first thing I loved about this dress was the material. It felt so soft and the fabric has some weight to it (though not so much that makes it heavy). The whole thing felt just right. Comfortable, great fit and overall a joy to wear!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big on top, December 26, 2013
Pretty dress, but unfortunately too big on top. Returned it for size 6 which was also gaping around the armpits.