Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on July 9, 2006
The other day my wife brought this book home and told me I should read it. At first I didn't think there was any point as I was male and didn't have to worry about menopause. She asked me to read it anyway and I'm glad I did. Before reading the book I thought menopause was something I would just have to wait for my wife to get through and then everything would be back to normal. I found out I was wrong. The book clearly explained, in words, and in graphs, just how unhealthy menopause is and what its real effect on women and the families really is. It also shows how women have been under treated in this area for years. It then goes on to show that there is hope for the future and how to work with your doctor to reverse the negative effects on health and lifestyle. I have 4 children and I don't want any of them to have to deal with this issue when they grow up. The more people read this book the better things will be for them.
on July 9, 2006
This book is an absolute must for every woman over the age of 35. It is not too early an age to start thinking about one's biological future.

Menapause has always been something I never looked forward to. Hot flashes, weight gain, lack of interest in my mate...YUCK!

I knew HRT was not an alternative for me. At the time I was approaching the age of menopause nothing good was being said about HRT.

Reading Preventing Menopause was a real eye opener. The book was apparently very well thought out and researched. The author is obviously coming from a background that gave her the foundation to really be able to handle the subject and also to be able to make it readable to the general public.

There is no reason that any woman should have put up with what is being offered to 'ease' menopause symptoms or put up with 'hormone replacement therapy' that is not a natural replacement of hormones and has so many unwanted side-effects.

Menopause itself with or without HRT has so many negative health implications. THIS IS THE BETTER WAY.
on July 4, 2007
Like everyone else, I've been taught that menopause is supposed to happen. This books says otherwise. If you really think about it, what is so great about menopause anyway? Sex is not as great and the risk of breast cancer increases. The author has taught me some valuable information and I think every doctor and every woman (no matter what age but the earlier the better) should read this. Why does the medical establishment tell women that menopause is inevitable - I can't help but think it's somehow connected to the billion dollar pharmaceutical industry.
on February 17, 2010
I can highly recommend this book to all women, before or after menopause!!! It will give you
valuable information that your regular GYN or fertility doctor will not give you....
Do not wait until you are menopausal and experience unpleasant symptons and health issues.
Read the book now!!! I recommended it to all my girlfriends and bought an extra copy for a very
good friend of mine who is trying to get pregnant. If you get this book and like it as much as i do,
please keep recommending it to all your girlfriends. We need to get the word out as it is very
sad how little interest the conventional medicine or the pharmaceutical companies show in
women's health.
on March 27, 2015
A must read for anyone approaching menopause. Her theory makes a great deal of sense to me and I'm applying it now!
on April 23, 2015
It's hot lots of great information and ideas but not a lot of solutions other than working with a specialist. And asking for hormones that aren't always available. But a great read for info on the body changes and a refreshing view point on not accepting the normal it's just normal accept it!
on November 15, 2015
This is what I wrote before I (ashamedly) finished the book: I am not a medical professional, a complete layperson when it comes to medicine/health. This book is more geared for those in the medical profession. If you're looking for "mainstream" menopause advice as I am, this book may be too complex.
Now, I have finished & I am of a new opinion. I feel despair because I live in a very remote, rural part of the U.S. & there are no endocrinologists in this area who specialize in bio-identical therapy. I'm nearly 50 & taking a low dose chemical hormone & worry about the ill effects. Will continue to seek a more natural approach to hormone replacement, inspired by this book.
Most women around my age who I talk to say that they are letting nature take its course. I'm convinced though that nature hasn't caught up to the fact that most women now live well into their 80s or more!
on September 21, 2011
I've had this book for a few years, and re-read it several times. I had a copy sent to my physician, who had assured me that when the time came, she had some ideas and knew of a compounding pharmacy. I'm so frustrated! The book is great, the protocol seems sound, the scrips simple. But my physician refused to help me based on this book.
I give the book five stars because I believe in it! It seems that women should have a choice to preserve their ovarian function and health. I'm not thrilled about weight gain, hot flashes, decreased saliva and dental problems, decreased sex drive, thinning skin, frail bones, fractured memory. I want an OPTION!
It seems the book would be EVEN better if it pointed to a way to find a physician willing to help, or a physician network. If anyone knows of one, I would go almost anywhere in the States to work within the parameters of this excellent book.
on September 14, 2009
Why don't women question the existence of menopause? Until I found Beth Rosenshein I searched the internet looking for others who didn't see female hypogonadism as either a rite of passage or inevitable and unquestioned.
In the Uk women are programmed to accept this vicious female castration and severely limited in choice if they use the NHS.
I have always been repulsed by menopause with it's long term health implications and finally Beth gave me hope that other women were also prepared to fight for their rights rather then have their lives ruined.
This book is inspirational and asks the questions that society tries to ignore.
Modern culture informs us that menopause is natural, normal and somehow desirable. Millions of women know diferently but few dare to defy the system.
I know of one woman still using the birth control pill in her 50's due to dread of the menopause.
Following Beth's advice I got myself a supportive endocrinologist and I use bio identical hormone therapy.
Menopause is nothing more then an engineering flaw. Women weren't meant to outlive their ovaries and until recently usually died before menopause.
Let us put menopause in the past where it belongs.
Hotflushescoldfury - a supportive group on Yahoo
on July 8, 2006
It's about time someone stood up for the rights of women! Beth Rosenshein acknowledges the suffering of so many women and responds with rational, scientific solutions. Women's suffering through menopause is completely unnecessary and unhealthy. It it now time for the medical community to train their doctors to offer real replacment as they would for any other organ failures.

I have lived with menopause for 30 years. I don't want my daughters or granddaughters to suffer in their personal relationships or careers the way I did. It is a terrible way to live with hot flashes and loss of sexual function. My husband stayed with me but it wasn't easy. How many men leave becasue they feel rejected? Menopause is not the slowing down of the ovaries, it is their failure. Both men and women feel this loss. I don't believe women should embrace menopause, what is their to embrace? Where is the wisdom in embracing this?