4.0 out of 5 stars I like this one :-)
Chris Freytag is a good instructor. She's outgoing and motivating yet doesn't get in your face like some so it's not annoying and fun to do. She cues really well and so you know what to do next easily.

Published on August 20, 2006 by Little Miss Cutey

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD did not play
I received a DVD that would not play in any of my DVD players. I will be returning it today.
Published 15 months ago by Angie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this one :-), August 20, 2006
Little Miss Cutey (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving (DVD)

This is a pretty easy workout. You won't necessarily sweat if you are an advanced exerciser; this is mainly for beginners or people who've been out of action for a while. There are basic exercises to do; no tough choreography. You can do the workout in order, or pre-programmed workouts that are 20-30 minutes if you are busy or tired.

The walking workout is so easy to follow. There are the usual marches and side touches. Then there are toning segments that are also easy to do and will help you firm up. The 10 minute stretch is sort of yoga based but it's easy enough to follow and is really relaxing. All you need for the workout is light weights and you are good to go. I'll say it again - it's not tough and not designed for advanced people, but it's still a good way to burn calories on busy days or if you are starting out again. I really like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended - especially for beginners (like me), December 13, 2006
This review is from: Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving (DVD)
I fell off the exercise wagon several months ago, and I feel like a beginner again. I am 100 pounds overweight and just wanted to find a DVD that I can do in the privacy of my home that can get me over the initial hump of starting a new exercise program. This DVD is great for that!

The steps aren't hard to follow. I lost my way a few times but was able to pick right back up on the next beat. The instructor is encouraging without being annoying. She says things like, "you are doing such good things for your body." I find that statement to be literal and motivating and much less patronizing than the super perky, "you can do it!!" kind of cheerleading other fitness instructors push.

The format of the DVD is notable as well. The components of the workout are set up in chapters - warm up, walking workout, lower body toning, upper body toning, core strengthening, yoga, cool down. This means you can pick and choose which sections you want to do in a day if you're pressed for time, or of course, you can press "play all" and do the entire workout.

I can imagine this DVD will lose its usefulness as my fitness improves, but at this stage, it's exactly what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy but effective, January 18, 2007
This review is from: Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving (DVD)
I have fibromyalgia, but I find that I am able to do the moves on this dvd without injuring myself, yet it is a good workout. The walking workout is 15 minutes long, and is totally low impact, which is perfect for me. The other segments are 8 minutes long, but can be mixed and matched to suit. The thing I really like are pre-made 20 or 30 minute routines that they have created for each day of the week that you can choose from. I highly recommend this dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, June 9, 2007
JW (Upstate, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving (DVD)
I have tried a zillion DVD's. When I found this series I bought the whole set. The mix and match possibilities suit every need I have in my busy lifestyle. The music and the cuing just totally works for me i.e. nothing is annoying or frustrating. One word of caution - these workouts looks easy and they are actually quite intense. They really get you going!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great beginner tape, November 10, 2006
Elsea (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving (DVD)
I have to have a light aerobic tape and this is a good one. The low impact cardio is similiar to Leslie Sansone but without the obnoxious chatter. I loved the upper and lower body workouts as they have short reps on each exercise - each segment is only 8 minutes long. I wish I could create my own workout and play it, like in Denise Austin's latest walk DVD. Instead I have to play each segment, go back and pick out what I want next from the menu and then play it, or I can just pick the "play all" choice. Highly recommended to the beginner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great First Step on the Road to Fitness, August 2, 2008
Rebecca (Pottstown, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving (DVD)
I am over 50, and had not exercised regularly in about 13 years. I became 35 lbs. overweight, and had developed all kinds of aches and pains. I purchased this one, also the Prevention 3-2-1 Prevention Fitness Systems: 3-2-1 Workout and Perfect in 10 Stretch Perfect in Ten: Stretch - 10-minute workouts. I have used at least one of these almost daily for about 4 weeks now, and I feel so great I wonder why I stopped exercisng in the first place! I think Get Moving is great for beginners or even more advanced exercisers who need to rest and recover for a day or two. The cardio portion really is low impact, but will get you sweating nonetheless. You can increase the intensity if you concentrate on picking your feet up as high as you can and keeping your abs tight. Chris Freytag is energetic and encouraging, yet I don't find her obnoxious at 5:30 a.m. when I'm wondering why I'm not still in bed hitting the snooze button. Because of the way this is broken up into segments, it's easy to tailor your workout for the time you have available. I find this dvd very engaging, and before I know it, I have gotten in a good workout to start my day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excercise DVD, January 27, 2008
This review is from: Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving (DVD)
I got this DVD while I was going through radiation from breat cancer. A friend recommended it to me and I'm glad she did. I didn't have a lot of energy and needed something that I could work out with slowly and build up as my energy level came back over time. This was a good way to get me moving again without going overboard. As my energy level came back I was able to move to the more advanced workouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout!, November 13, 2010
This review is from: Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving (DVD)
I love this dvd. I originally borrowed the dvd from the library to make sure I'd want to stick to the routines. Turns out, I liked it so much that I wanted my own, personal copy. I typically do the walking and yoga workouts, but the strength training exercises are really good too. It just shows that I need to tighten those core muscles more :) The 10 minutes of yoga was a little challenging at first for some of the poses (I had never done yoga before), but it gets much easier as I continued with the routine for a few days. For the upper and lower body strength exercises, if you don't have light weights at home, use a full bottle of shampoo or a can of vegetables. You can choose a component of the dvd, like just 10 minutes of yoga or just 15 minutes of walking, or you can opt for a pre-loaded 20 or 30 minute workout, or do all of the components, which is about 60 mintues. It's low impact, so it's good for people of any age, but it gets your heart-rate up and you're sweating by the end, so you know you're getting a good workout. For those who are just starting to get moving again, this is a great way to re-introduce you to exercise in a fun way.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good beginning, April 11, 2009
Kimberly C. (Gresham, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving (DVD)
This is a great beginning to getting fit. The routines work all muscles groups effectively. I noticed an improvement in muscle tone in two weeks. I had been walking on a treadmill and moved to this routine to tone up my abs, something the treadmill was not doing. My overal health and fitness has been quickly improved by doing the routines on this DVD. As many people mentioned, Chris Freytag is pleasant to listen to and follow. There is, of course, a learning curve in doing anything new. I found these routines very easy to learn.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving (DVD)
I like "Prevention" dvds, I like Ms. Freytag, she's a good instructor, she reminds me of Denise Austin. You get a GREAT
workout, but it's not like Shaun, Tony, Chalene or Jillian. But then, she's not trying to be!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving
Prevention Fitness Systems - Get Moving by Chris Freytag (DVD - 2006)
$14.98 $6.67