Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Previous volumes in this series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 20, 2012 5:21:12 PM PDT
JoeC says:
I'm really interested in reading "Passage of Power" but haven't read the other volumes in the series. Does anyone know if the previous series are required reading to be able to follow all of the events in this book?

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 6:17:32 PM PDT
BillBC says:
No, they aren't required, but you should read them anyway, because they are wonderful history, the first one in particular....

Posted on May 29, 2012 6:17:43 AM PDT
Personally, I believe that everybody should read Caro's MASTER OF THE SENATE before they read PASSAGE OF POWER. Because LBJ was so powerful as Senate Majority Leader in the 1950s, a good understanding of his time there will put into perspective how very diminished he felt (and was) as Vice President. Also, it is a very good book. Perhaps the best of the series.

Posted on May 29, 2012 2:06:14 PM PDT
Joey Bee says:
I agree, the first is the best. I would start there, you will miss a great deal about what made Johnson tick.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 20, 2012
Latest post:  May 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson
The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson by Robert A. Caro (Hardcover - May 1, 2012)
4.6 out of 5 stars (776)