Price... Why did I just pay $.50 less for the Kindle book than I would for the actual book??? I HATE that. I got the book because I enjoyed the first one ($5- which is great). Why is it that the second and 3rd books are more expensive? Shouldn't the Kndle version be cheaper since we are saving resources (trees and gas to name 2) and postage. Uuhhggg. I really don't like this aspect.
asked by Amy J. Cahill on April 16, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I agree with you. I haven't bought the other 2 hoping they would come down in price.
Maribel Villarreal answered on April 17, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
They are more expensive because the first book is on sale to entice people into reading the entire series. They lower the first to get people interested and expect them to pay a normal price (ie, not a sale price) for the other 2.

Note that Amazon could be losing around $.60 for each ebook they sell. (List price is $17.99; Amz could be paying the publishers $9 per book. Selling it at 8.40 would mean that they are losing money per each ebook sold).
CLS10 answered on April 17, 2011

A
How do you lend it? I just finished the second book.
Susan M. Irvin answered on June 11, 2012

A
I still maintain that $5 is a GREAT price for an eBook. It's part of the reason why I bought the first Hunger Games and haven't yet bought the next two.
Matthew Aggen answered on April 19, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
All three of these books have lending enabled. If you know someone who has it you can just borrow it from them, or find a kindle lending service such as http://lendle.me to borrow books. Why buy what you can borrow?
Amazon Customer answered on April 23, 2011

A
any one willing to lend me Catching fire?
Victoria answered on November 27, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›