Price @ Amazon Why is Amazon accepting the prices from these .com's when at the Apple store, B & H, even Target it's $499??? Are they so sure folks will assume that Apple's store has the *worst* price? Buyer beware!
asked by Won Hong Lo on May 3, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
You're looking at offerings from "third party" sellers, so Amazon is not setting the price, they're just handling the shipping of the item.

I don't see any listings where Amazon is the actual seller, only the shipper, so don't blame them for the pricing, that's determined by the third party seller.
T. Graham answered on June 6, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm seriously pissed off about this pricing. I have an Amazon Rewards Visa card. I get three points for every dollar spent on an Amazon purchase vs one point for each dollar spent somewhere else. This is $60 above list price. It is just as cheap for me to drive to an Apple store and buy it and pay the sales tax as to purchase this iPad from Amazon. This is like a big middle finger raised at me from Amazon.
Oswald63 answered on May 21, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree. Why would anyone (I can't imagine anyone this ill informed) buy this at this price?
Clarence C. answered on October 23, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Amazon wants us to buy their tablet so they raise the price on the IPad, hoping we will see how inexpensive their tablet is and buy it. This will only work with very few uninformed customers. Amazon is missing out on a lot of sales by doing this.
Dennis answered on May 8, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
you can buy the ipad at a lot of stores for 499 and with sales tax its still about 20 dollars cheaper.walmart,target,meijer and the apple store are all 499.thats where im going to buy it.i thought amazon was supposed to be cheaper than the retail stores.thats why i bought the prime membership.they could be selling a lot of these if they would just come down to 499
Richard Lloyd answered on June 8, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Sep 2, 2012 8:39:52 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product