Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2011 9:21:19 AM PST
will says:
MSRP is $199.99. Don't buy something just to screw over people who actually want it. That's not "good business"--it's "being an *******." You make me sick.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 9:37:33 AM PST
Popsiclesyay says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 2:05:41 PM PST
Snarftwig says:
Nobody f***s consumers better than other consumers.

Really though, Nintendo should have made more of these.

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 5:59:15 PM PST
L.E.E. says:
Still available for $179 at Best Buy (in store) for my city - not sure when this Black Friday sale ends. Also still available for online purchase at Gamestop's website for regular price of $199.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 8:47:29 AM PST
So it seems Amazon is no longer selling the 3DS (at least, it seems like it) They didn't have any of the Black Friday bundles available for sale and the 3DS has not been in stock for at least 2 months now....

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 9:54:45 AM PST
You can find this item at Best Buy for $179. Our store here still had a bunch of them. Parents dont seem to be *in the know* enough to pick these up. Its a shame for their kids, but awesome for everyone else. :P

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 5:06:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2011 5:06:34 PM PST
hadla says:
gamestop has an online cyber monbay deal on them

glad i got mine at midnight!

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 5:31:12 PM PST
DookieX says:
I'm on my THIRD Zelda bundle as I received TWO dud units. This third one I have just shipped back to Nintendo for repairs. It better come back in the same brand new condition in which I sent it to them in (I turned it on, big ole dead pixel staring at me, didn't even bother setting it up). I am APPALLED at the ridiculous lack of quality control for the manufacture of these systems. I actually own two other 3DS's, one launch day unit and one I bought later in the summer. Each of those have had two exchanges at the store apiece for various problems. I am extremely agitated with Nintendo.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 3:58:53 PM PST
Bard master says:
I just got my system and its awesome. Hate the price gougers. got it for best buy for 150$ thanks to a best buy rewards zone. Amazon should have points for its consumers too and a reward zone for loyal customers. Just saying

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 6:09:50 PM PST
Ivan says:
This is the hottest looking 3DS to date. VERY limited and comes with a free game.
All stores are sold out and will not get any new systems instock ever again.

ZELDA fans must get this!!

The black and gold looks beautiful !

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 1:33:10 AM PST
mawile says:
Is this console really limited? If so, any idea when they'll stop shipping these out to stores?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 6:15:34 AM PST
S. Connolly says:
No clue but probably by 2012 stocks will be depleted and it'll just be A*holes on ebay with their $300+ bundles.

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 6:35:48 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 10:43:09 AM PST
B. Ellis says:
I was going to wait until an updated 3DS came out, but when this bundle launched I decided to jump in early. Got mine at Best Buy on Black Friday. They must've had about 50 of them left on the shelf when I picked up mine. There were none left by Tuesday when I went back for something else.

I love video games and am glad that I will not miss out on playing some fun 3DS games in the near term. I figure that the Zelda 3DS console will hold its value better than a regular one and I can always sell it if I want to switch to an updated 3DS in the future. I'm very excited to have one!

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 3:38:56 PM PST
M. Henzel says:

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 5:49:54 PM PST
Kitty Page says:
It is very limited. There was a shipment sent out for Black Friday and those all sold out. From what I have read, there will be one more small shipment to brick-and-mortar stores and that's it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 6:40:14 PM PST
Dennis Chung says:
it's all about supply and demand :-)

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 6:51:17 AM PST
B. Hoover says:
"it's all about supply and demand :-) "

Except that there are plenty of stores that still have the bundle. For example, gamestop had the bundle for 179.99 this past weekend both online and in-store (now it has returned to 199.99, but still available). I put a copy on hold for an instore pickup to avoid the shipping costs and according to the employee, still had a lot of bundles available in the back. I've recently been to a local best buy that had quite a few in stock as well. This is simply a story of sellers with no business ethics leaping at any opportunity to make a quick dollar.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 8:48:09 AM PST
Called ten stores in my area and no one had one. Finally found the last one that Fry's Electronics had. Got it for $189. It took some work but it was worth it. Good luck to anyone trying to find one. I refuse to pay the price gougers too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 8:39:39 PM PST
I've thought of that, but really, no one needs a Zelda Limited Edition 3DS. You can buy a regular one for $170. These are collectors items.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 12:18:48 PM PST
E. Mancia says:
I bought one in Houston for $199+tax, a few days ago at a Fry's electronics. Apparently they still have a few. I checked Los Angeles Fry's and they still have some of these bundles. I contacted Amazon customer service and they told me that if you contact them in regards to this item, they will forward the message to the inventory department. Who knows, if the demand is high enough, maybe they will put the 3DS back along with its bundles available directly through http://amazon.com.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 2:46:49 PM PST
I get so tired of people whining about this. I know I can never say anything that will convince you not to hate me. (Yes, I bought an extra Zelda 3DS to resell.) But you need to face up to what you are whining about.

If something consistently sells on eBay for $300, then that thing is worth $300 to the buying public. Period. For some reason, Nintendo does not sell these for what they're worth. I'm sure they understand by now that a Zelda special edition console can easily command a 50% premium. I've been collecting Zelda stuff for 10 years and I can tell you that they always have. But they don't choose to mark them up. That's fine. But you live in a country where capitalism is allowed to run its course, and if you don't like that, there are plenty of countries that don't allow that--go ahead and read up on them and tell me whether you'd want to live there. Here, products tend to move toward what they're worth.

I have an extra Zelda 3DS because a) I pay attention to these kinds of things and knew Best Buy would have them on black friday weeks beforehand, and b) I froze my butt off waiting outside Best Buy for hours. If you are upset that you didn't get one, that's all you would have had to do. I am all for places like Best Buy and Amazon having a one per person policy--I think that's all that's needed to keep things fair.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 8:49:37 AM PST
B. Hoover says:
Personally, I don't care that the price of this device is now inflated ~$70-100. It's after the holidays and the device is rare and limited in quantity, fine. What bothers me was the inflation of prices when the device was extremely easy to find. Local Gamestops around my area had tons of these available, as did my local best buy. This was just ~2-3 weeks before Christmas. Marking up a device by $50-70 when it is not difficult to find is a disingenuous way to conduct business.

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 2:43:30 PM PST
Ping An says:
For those who cannot find it w/ regular price on Amazon / Bestbuy / Gamestop, I would suggest you try Frys.com (E. Mancia has already mentioned this store in previous comment), it has 199.99 + tax, but you have to visit one of its local store to pick it up. I just get mine today by asking one of my friend in CA to pick up for me.

I don't really like those who use these kind of stuff to make profit... Especially by using Nintendo products (I'm a Nintendo fan of cause...)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 12:23:18 PM PST
I tried Frys and they are sold out now in Houston, TX. Does anyone else know where I can get one for $200?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Nov 25, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo 3DS - Limited Edition with The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Nintendo 3DS - Limited Edition with The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (49)