Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 22, 2012 6:16:20 PM PDT
XombieRocker says:
Hey does anybody know why this movie is so expensive? I really liked it and want to get it when it comes out but I can't justify spending almost $40 on ONE movie. ANY movie. So what gives?

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 5:41:50 PM PDT
H. Guy says:
The product description states that a 1 pound gold bar is included in each case which explains the high cost. The price will come down closer to release date as they always do. Expect to pay no more than 22.99. I agree that this is a great movie and will be a day one purchase.

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 7:33:49 AM PDT
R. Gibson says:
i know, even if it had come with a dvd with it, that still would not justify the price. though i do hope they have a blu ray-dvd-digital copy combo pack

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 1:42:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2012 1:45:02 PM PDT
Snaz says:
It is really high. A more reasonable price and I would have ordered this in a heartbeat. Considering what these things cost to make and package and how many more sales they are going to lose they are losing a lot more money (in lost sales) than they are gaining in the ridiculous markup from a more reasonable price. I have to think their strategy is skimming, with a high price to begin with and then going down each time sales volume falls off. While this is somewhat understandable with new technology devices, it is reprehensible here when the cost of making a DvD is not one that is changing rapidly nor involving increased demand and improvements in technology.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 12:43:37 PM PDT
Arg! says:
It's not gonna stay that high. Guaranteed. And with amazon.com's policy of if you pre-order it with the higher price, and it goes down closer to release date then you get the lower price, it really doesn't make any sense then why they do it this way. Oh well, it's nothing to get worked up about. I too wish they would have released a blu/dvd/digital copy package.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 9:13:50 AM PDT
D. Gerwitz says:
I'm in the same boat as you. I literally came to this site with the intention of purchasing it. The price stopped me in my tracks.

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 10:30:49 AM PDT
J. Layman says:
Have none of you pre-ordered from Amazon before? The price of the Blu-ray will drop to around $19.99 the day it's released and that's what you'll be charged.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 8:58:18 PM PDT
Hahaha, $19.96 already 8) Pre-ordered!

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 7:08:18 AM PST
Justin G. says:
And three months later you could pick it up for $7.99.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jul 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Cabin In The Woods [Blu-ray + UltraViolet Digital Copy]
The Cabin In The Woods [Blu-ray + UltraViolet Digital Copy] by Richard Jenkins (Blu-ray - 2012)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (2,162)