Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2011 6:54:41 AM PDT
JR says:
I love all of these games, but I still have all of them in fine working condition and I think that $50 is a little much- was thinking price would have been $40 or even $30. Will probably not be buying now. ANyone else?

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 11:37:26 AM PDT
me says:
I will wait for a price drop

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 1:08:07 PM PDT
$50 For 5 games, or 6 if you count the PS3's Peace Walker Voucher. Not only is this a day one purchase for me, it is also one day shipping. Hopefully it will get Release Date Delivery soon. Your loss man, this is gonna be great.

Posted on Aug 21, 2011 6:35:05 AM PDT
BujinkanRN says:
I might pick it up if there's a pre-order bonus. Otherwise, I don't care to pay 50 bucks for a collection of games I already own. 40 bucks would make me start to reconsider, and 30 bucks would make me likely buy the set. Konami, why not follow suit like with the Silent Hill HD collection? I guess because you're only charging such a high price because you CAN.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2011 10:41:41 AM PDT
Corey Farkas says:
What 6 games? It doesn't say whether or not it includes MG/MG2 or a voucher for MGS1. All we know is that it comes with 3 games.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2011 11:23:29 AM PDT
Hideo Kojima himself announced on his twitter that MG, MG2, MGS2: Substance, MGS3: Subsistence and MGS Peace Walker will be the collection north america is getting, Japan is getting MGS1 voucher instead of Peace Walker. Sadly we won't get MGS1 on that collection, unless you buy it on PSN and complete that collection ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2011 12:22:54 PM PDT
Gift Card says:
I would have paid $50 for Peace Walker alone on day one, but now we're also getting Metal Gear 1, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3. That's 5 games for $50, or $10 per game. This is the deal of a lifetime.

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 1:17:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 1, 2011 1:17:59 PM PDT
Alexander says:
I got the last bundle for 20 (MGS collection for ps2/ps1 original mgs), I wouldn't really want to pay much more than that for this... Especially with way less packaging and artwork -_- Would be my third time buying some of those games.

Posted on Sep 1, 2011 1:19:39 PM PDT
Alexander says:
Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection

this is what i was referring to. Now that it is rare it costs mula, but amazon was selling these guys for 20 bones a year and a half ago. Just wait for the price to drop i say.

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 1:49:36 PM PDT
Gift Card says:
Yeah I remember that collection. But this will be new collection will be worth it for the following reason:

1.) Metal Gear Solid 3 will be the full complete Subsistence version, including MG1 and MG2. It only included the first disk in the EC.
2.) The games will be in HD
3.) IDK about you, but my PS3 wont play PS2 games so I couldn't even play the essential collection.
4.) PEACE WALKER!!!

I agree with you, normally I don't pay full price for games when they first come out, but in the case of Metal Gear, I will happily pay full price to support this franchise.

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 6:11:28 PM PDT
Sinalefa says:
All other remastered collections for the PS3 retail for $40 except this one. I really don't see why they could not have it at the same price. Still better than just getting the 3DS MGS3, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011 6:14:42 PM PDT
Gift Card says:
Again, this is five games. But if $50 is too much, it comes out on November 10, just wait a few weeks and get it on Black Friday.

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 12:28:16 PM PDT
I would have paid $60 for Peace Walker on PSP easily. To get 5-6 of the greatest games ever in HD (especially Peace Walker) is a complete steal. I seriously have absolutely no idea how anyone could complain about this costing too much money.

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 2:47:12 PM PDT
Dr. D says:
I'll agree with the guys who are waiting for the price to drop. It's not worth it at this price. Maybe Amazon will change it to $39.99 last minute? Fifty dollars for a collection set is ridiculous. And to think.... A NEW Metal Gear game would cost only 10 dollars more than this.

When put in that perspective, the smart thing to do would be to wait for the price to drop!

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 11:27:02 AM PDT
Quinton says:
A bit pricey true, 10 dollars more than the other HD "remakes"... but hey, Konami is a Japanese company, and they usually have the higher prices for well-received games (note PSN versions of Final Fantasy 7 and MGS compared to their contemporaries). Still gonna get it though!

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 11:27:16 AM PDT
Quinton says:
A bit pricey true, 10 dollars more than the other HD "remakes"... but hey, Konami is a Japanese company, and they usually have the higher prices for well-received games (note PSN versions of Final Fantasy 7 and MGS compared to their contemporaries). Still gonna get it though!

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 6:21:14 AM PDT
Fang Monroe says:
It's more than the other re-releases because there are more games. The ZOE series is two titles (unless they are including the GBA game). Face it, this collection has more content than most of the other titles.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 1:47:13 PM PDT
Sheex says:
These are 3 very high quality games, so paying an extra $10 over a typical HD collection for these games should not be an issue to anyone who truly cares. Besides, according to Kojima, MGS2 and MGS3 are based on their Substance and Subsistence versions, so hopefully we'll be getting all the extra goodness that was packed into them when they were released on PS2. Still no word on the skateboarding minigame from Substance or "Snake vs Monkey" from Subsistence though. As far as I've heard we do get the MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, so that would be technically 5 games in one. No voucher for Metal Gear Solid for the US, but that's fine, it's only $9.99 on PSN anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 2:44:04 PM PDT
Gift Card says:
I can't imagine they wouldn't include "Snake vs. Monkey"

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 3:30:06 PM PDT
MR J says:
get it at K-mart and get $15 coupon for a game!

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 7:00:52 AM PDT
Day one. Enough said.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Aug 20, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection by Konami (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (257)