Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on December 29, 2011
As a business owner I am continually looking to expand my knowledge & understanding of the variuos aspects of running a business where I have little formal business or management training. Having been introduced to this book by my Business Coach, and having read the positive reviews on Amazon, I chose to purchase it as Kindle book.

I found the content of the book to be extremely informative, and it provided me with a number of new perspectives on the area of pricing. I have commenced implementing a number of the ideas I obtained from this book in my business, and feel more confident about how I approach pricing my services.

On the issue of reading this book on a Kindle, I'm afraid my experience was less than satisfactory. The Kindle version of the book does not appear to take advantage of the various features for navigating an electronic document which are available and which I have used on other Kindle books. This, in and of itself, was only a minor inconvenience. A greater annoyance was the difficulty experienced in reading the many charts, diagrams & sketches. Most of these were unreadable on the Kindle without altering the orientation of the page and/or text size, all of which settings had to be changed back in order to continue reading the remainder of the document. In addition the sketches & diagrams were often located a number of pages away from the position in the text where they were first referred to. This is understandable in the context of a printed document, however for an electronic document it would not be unreasonable to find sketches/diagrams located closer to the relevant text.

I highly recommend this book to business owners who wish to learn more about pricing their products or services, in particular those of us who have entered the business world without any business or management education/training. I would, however, recommend that the hard copy be purchased over the electronic version.
on June 30, 2009
Reed Holden and Mark Burton's Pricing with Confidence makes the complex topic of pricing strategy understandable and usable to businesses of all industries and sizes. Many of the examples are easily transferrable from one industry to the next. Their approach is logical and rational and can be adapted to a sole proprietor with an entrepreneurial idea to the largest of companies. The only thing, I severely disliked about the book was the poker analogy which runs throughout the book. Business, unlike poker, is not a zero-sum game. I understand the analogy they are trying to make, but, in my opinion, it detracts from the overall value of the ideas presented, hence the four stars.
on June 10, 2008
Buy the book. It's a good read for sales, customer service and yes, even accounting.
on October 5, 2012
When your client starts arguing about price, you need confidence to stick to your guns and not get dragged into discount hell. But how do you develop this confidence, especially when you just started your business or just entered a new market segment? This book explains how. And boy, do I wish I had already read it before starting into my various ventures.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse