Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 23, 2011 9:12:38 AM PDT
A. Wells says:
Scholastic is pre-selling this book at a 30% discount for $9.76. Amazon you usually do better than this.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 9:47:07 AM PDT
L. A. REED says:
Amazon is now selling this for much less than that. I believe what Scholastic is preselling is a soft-cover version, Amazon's is the hard-cover.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 4:52:40 PM PDT
Tina Henry says:
It's the paperback version for sure.

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 10:07:19 AM PDT
L. A. REED says:
We just got our latest Scholastic Flyers and Scholastic is definitely selling the paperback version. Amazon's is the hard cover version, but without any bookmarks (as far as I can tell).

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 7:07:02 PM PST
RobinJo says:
Scholastic is a couple bucks more, but is getting it to the schools on the RELEASE DATE, Amazon is SHIPPING via Prime on the release date (Nov. 15) to be rec'd November 17. I'm canceling my Amazon order.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 7:42:31 PM PST
Last year we bought the scholastic version - soft cover and it was late and missing pages. All the kids who received it had the same missing pages. We now just order it from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 10:25:31 PM PST
L. A. REED says:
I wouldn't cancel unless you can buy the hard cover version locally for the same price (very unlikely). Like the person posted after you, the Scholastic version is the soft cover and they had major issues. At least with Amazon, if you have problems, they'll send you a new one immediately (probably 1 or 2 day for your troubles)..or a partial refund if that's what you request.

You'll probably have a 2-3 week turnaround with Scholastic, if there are issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 6:37:50 AM PST
RobinJo says:
I'll buy from a store and spend a bit more. My point was I want it on release day. Amazon Ships other items so they can be received on release day, not sure why it can't be done in this case too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2011 8:36:42 AM PST
L. A. REED says:
I think that if Amazon could, they certainly would. I don't mind waiting an extra day or two. My kids always end up with so much homework during the week anyways, I'd rather they not have the distraction until the weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 6:50:11 PM PST
Spatula says:
I agree. When I ordered copies for my school I was under the impression that it would arrive on the release date, like the Harry Potter books did. If I had realized that I would have just bought them in the store in my town at Barnes and Noble.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 23, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6)
Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 6) by Jeff Kinney (Hardcover - November 15, 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,055)