Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on September 8, 2014
I thought it would be great, but it really could have been better. It's actually based off a anime comic series and this movie seems like it was just one issue of it. They really could have put more detail in it then what they did. It's got great graphics a small about of action scenes and allot of it is then trying to get wherever it is they need to be (lots of traveling scenes). Very strange take on vampirism and a Christian over tone that ends up challenging the Christian doctrine. All in all it was an OK movie like I said though a bit more detail would have been nice. I think the minority of the masses out there will probably like it though.
on February 5, 2014
The movie itself was a decent to watch, I would have expected it to more action packed with a lot more special effects. The trailer shown most of the best actions scenes. If you like vampire movies, this on isn't bad have in your collection for a rainy Sunday mid-day movie..
on November 13, 2011
This was a solid film. A mesh of a few different genres: sci-fi, horror, western. I say western because of the environment as well as the whole revenge/hostage part of the story. Mostly though this was just a good escape film.

My initial interested in Priest was the cast, which included Madchen Amick (Shelly from Twin Peaks) and Stephen Moyer (Bill from True Blood). It was cool to see those two worlds connect, but sadly they were only in the film the first five minutes. However the Priest and the rest did fine in their roles. The vampires looked much more demonic than any I've seen in other movies. Monsters really. However the main vamp was half human, and looked it.

In closing remember this, "when you go against the church, you go against God".
on July 21, 2016
Pretty original story foundation. Some cool action scenes and interesting depiction of vampires. It seemed like it ended open with a chance for a sequel. I wish it would have ended more resolved or that they made another part 2. Overall I would watch it again.
on January 26, 2013
This movie was OK... not the best, but not the worst I've seen. Like most vampire movies... it was dark and depressing... but it wasn't bad. I like the actors and the acting was fine. It was a different kind of vampire hunting movie, but I can't say I was thrilled with it. If you like vampire/vampire hunter movies I'd recommend that you watch it... but don't go all out of your way to do it.
on December 28, 2012
I liked the story, and it was a decent movie, but there was a huge technical problem that really made the movie much less enjoyable than it could have been. Ive tried it on every player in the house and have the same problem. The soundtrack is louder than the actors, so you can barely hear whats being said-at some points i had to turn on close caption so i could follow the story:( Other than that, it was a decent movie.
on August 11, 2014
Graphics interesting. Story is a bit shallow and background meaning is murky. God and "the Church" are painted as being strangely at odds over the presence of evil in the World. And no reconciliation was offered except that the Rogue Priest seems to be on the side of God while being disobedient to a church in apostasy. Seems to be more of a statement against Roman Catholicism and its tendency toward high-handed church governance rather than the universal brotherhood of Christianity. The vampires were just symbolic of the evil around which the controversy swirled and presented the opportunity for graphical battles between good guys and bad guys. Enters with a bang - goes out with a whimper.
VINE VOICEon October 23, 2011
Director Scott Stewart's horror-thriller takes place in a near future - or perhaps alternative - world. Adapted from the titular comic book series, Paul Bettany is Priest, a dedicated, determined and brave man-of-the-cloth. His mission is to rescue his niece. If he has to take down a horde of crazed, rampaging blood-suckers along the way, so be it.

I liked this often-uneven film; Priest's faith was fascinating set against a corrupt world and a manipulative church. Just like the real world! Many fine visuals marked otherwise lackluster underground scenes. I liked the obvious homage to John Wayne's best movie THE SEARCHERS. The mostly fine cast includes the always lithe and stunning Maggie Q, sonorously voiced and imposing Christopher Plummer and the semi-quirky Brad Dourif. Karl Urban seemed out of his element and in another film.

But make no mistake, it's Bettany as a ferocious sword of God that rules the day and makes the movie worth finding.
on September 1, 2011
So, here's the deal....I read all the reviews, and I mean ALL the reviews before I purchased this Blu-Ray. Even though I had reservations, I went with it, being I love vampire/horror/sci-fi movies. It took 3 viewings before I decided to write this review, and that included watching the extras, especially the deleted/extended scenes. Here is my honest conclusion.
First, if I were to write this review after one watching, I would have to agree with those that gave it a one-star, this was dreadful after one viewing. The worse part, is the opening animation. It insults the intelligence of any audience, and is so poorly done (in that Speed Racer, 1960s, bad Japanese style) that it is laughable, and makes you not want to not only watch this movie any longer, but actually sets you up to believe this might be a comedy. I completely fail to understand why this was done in that manner, but without a doubt, that should have beed edited from the beginning.
Seconds, My thought was how poorly written the script is, it is so predicatable and pretencious that even Paul Bettany, Cam Gigandet and Karl Urban had an issue making these poorly written lines seem plausable.
Third, the ending was so weak...I can't even continue. So you would think I would just place this away, never to be seen again. I did not.
I decided, I would watch it again and then watch the extras...especially the deleted/etended scenes. What I found amazed me....they cut out some of the best parts.
First, the orignial opening scene should have contained the extended cut, it would have framed the story much better( I said the story, not the writing, that there is no hope for) and there would have been much more action in the beginning to keep you somewhat entertained. Granted, that horrible animation would have been there, but at least with an extended opening scene, you would have forgotten about the animation.
Second, the next to final scene should have been the deleted scene of Lucy and The Priest at the farm, with her asking him to stay. It would have added a "human" quality to the film that was poorly missing. Then the final shot could have been the current final shot.
Third, While some of the photography seemed like reused footage from Batman and other movies, overall I thought the cinematagraphy was well done and the atmosphere did convey what a horror movie should convey
Fourth, purly and simply, the Direction and Screenplay were just so trite and I mean trite, that three good actors could not save it. Also, what is the purpose of having Cam Gigandet in a movie if at some point in time he does not take his shirt off (think Twilight and Burlesque).

So, while I will admit, the outakes , in some bizarre way, made me appreciate this movie a bit more, and bring it from my original rating I would have given it of one star to three stars, it is still fairly dreadful. One can only hope, if there are sequels, they not be handled by the current Director and Screenwriter.
on August 28, 2015
Interesting take on alternate universe theme. Needed more details on where the powers of the priests came from. Vampires were effective, but overall an over-worked theme. Liked Bettany, of course (you can;t hide his light under a rock). Ending meant to set up sequel?