5.0 out of 5 stars As great as All-Clad brand!
Published 17 months ago by Travel Girl

2.0 out of 5 stars Really sticky
We are a long time Cook's Illustrated magazine subscriber. So with great anticipation we bought this recommended best buy pan. To our chagrin, although the pan looks nice, it is really sticky. We cooked some veal scaloppine and they stuck to the pan. We tried to heat the oil, varying the temperature to no avail. Next we bought some fresh cod and that was a complete...
Published 4 months ago by warbler

5.0 out of 5 stars As great as All-Clad brand!, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
I've always wanted an All-Clad 12-inch frypan. My sister has one and I've used it several times so I know how great it is. But I had such a hard time spending $150+ for a frying pan! I researched comparables and found that Cooks Illustrated rated this an affordable comparison to All-Clad. I've always been happy with Cooks Illustrated's recommendations so I bought this from Amazon. Bottome line is: I'm SO HAPPY WITH IT!
One thing I had to learn is that it conducts heads so well that you may only need a medium heat to cook most foods (I have an electric stovetop). I've browned various cuts of beef, pork, and venison with great results - nice, even browning, great fond, no burning or "hot spots." I've also stir-fried veggies and been pleased with the results.
I would recommend this product to any home cook looking for a quality frying pan at a reasonable cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tramontina's Prima Makes Cooking Fun Again!, August 17, 2013
This review is from: Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
Tramontina cookware is well-constructed, functionally near-perfect (It made the grade when the America's Test Kitchen staff compared its performance with the likes of All-Clad, et cetera. This pan is no exception to those results. It is the most-frequently used item in my kitchen, my "go-to" pan. The tri-ply core in the base of the skillet conducts and retains heat well, and the pan does not require high burner temperature settings. It works well on all stovetops, including ceramic smoothtop and conduction elements. The 12" size accommodates all but the largest volume of food for sauteing or frying. The flared edge is helpful for pouring liquids from the pan. One of my favorite parts of using my Prima, however, comes when it's time to clean it. The pan cleans like a dream, no matter what has been cooked onto its surface. I soak the pan for a short time, and then clean it with a paper towel and (any) dishwashing liquid and a squirt of Bar Keeper's Friend Liquid (for shine). The Amazon price is the best you'll find for the Prima, and, considering that you'll likely use it for a lifetime of cooking, there's no reason not to pay a few dollars for the flared edge of the Prima. It's not an exaggeration to say that Tramontina has changed the way I cook, creating better results, and, perhaps as importantly, making it fun!

Tramontina Gourmet Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"

5.0 out of 5 stars Cook's Country Review, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
The 12" fry pan works as reviewed and recommended by Cook's Country. Used it a number of times with great results.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Tri-Ply Pan, November 1, 2013
A. Bhatia (Philadelphia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
Came to this pan after reading Kenji's comparison on Serious Eats with the more expensive All-Clad Try-Ply pan. I've been very happy with it - heats up fast and retains heat well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pan!!, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
We use this primarily for searing larger cuts of meat and cooking bigger quantities of food. The pan heats evenly, has a lot of surface area for cooking, and cleans up well. Just what we were hoping for!

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best with an affordable price, May 11, 2013
T.D. Orr "Dano" (Great Mills, md United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
I am a fan of Americas Test Kitchen and they recommended this brand. It heats evenly and does a great job at every task I have tried. It looks great. Highly recommend it. The title of this review says it is affordable and of course that is extremely subjective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prima Fry Pan, April 19, 2014
This review is from: Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
I had some ceramic coated pans that I liked but after about a year and a half of almost daily use the ceramic coating degraded and started to come off. I then learned about Tramontonia products while watching Cook's Country (America's Test Kitchen.) They recommended the brand so I thought I'd give it a go. This product is very well made and excellent quality for the money. It may be a tad heavy for some and the base could be wider, as some have complained, but the product is first class. Cooking with clad cookware takes some getting used to - because it heats up so well that it must be used at lower temps and it doesn't have a non-stick surface. I have found that spraying with a light oil product works even with foods that tend to stick, such as pancakes, though you have to respray before you re-load the pan. Product owners and the manufacturer recommend Barkeep's Friend for cleaning and I've found it to work very well on even the toughest clean ups to get the pan back to its shiny surface.

It's taken some getting used to but I'm pleased to not be using a toxic coating non-stick pan and I'm sure this pan will last for a very long time. Thus far I'm very pleased with the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
My only problem with this beautiful saute pan is that it is very heavy. I can just manage to hold it my left hand to empty it. I have arthritis and that makes it even harder. But, it cleans up very easily and is a joy to fry in.

4.0 out of 5 stars We love this pan!, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
Heats up quickly and evenly. Love the flared shape that cooking and serving easy. Now our go-to sauté pan. Rarely gets put away - just sits in the dish drainer waiting for the next meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
Fry pan is just great .Love how it browns meat. everything I was hoping for and price right.would recommend it to anyone.

Prima Fry Pan with Tri-Ply Base Size: 12"
$85.00 $54.95