Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on October 14, 2011
My 3 year old was so happy to receive Prima Princessa Presents Sleeping Beauty for her to review. I didn't even get it out of the envelope before she knew what it was. The envelope had the Prima Princessa Logo on it and she grabbed it out of my hand and said my ballerina, my ballerina. I took it out of the package and she ran to the living room and jump in the chair and said Please I want to watch. She will watch these DVD's all day long if I would let her.

She loves to practice the steps they teach in these videos. They teach each step in a very easy way that a child from age 3 and up can understand it. This DVD is great for children to interact with. They can get up and dance around when it time to do so and when it is time for the ballet to start my little automatically sits down and watches each scene.

My little one loves the Prima Princessa Videos so much that we now have all three (Prima Princessa Presents Swan Lake, The Nutcracker & Sleeping Beauty) and she watches them over and over again. She knows exactly where we keep them on our DVD shelf and she will pick these off the shelf first when we ask her what do you want to watch.

She bugged me to buy her wings so she could wear them like the little girls in her video. We also picked up some tissue paper and pipe cleaners to make flowers like they show you how to make on this video... This video "Sleeping Beauty" had fun crafts and magical tea party that my daughter loved. She had to even set her tea party up while she was watching the DVD.

I am so impressed and happy with these great DVD's that I have purchased the Nutcracker several times as gifts for my friends little girls birthdays and I'm sure I will be purchasing Sleeping Beauty a lot for gifts as well. They make a wonderful birthday present or even great stocking stuffers at Christmas. These DVD's make a great inexpensive gift for any child.

** I was provided with a complimentary copy of Prima Princessa Presents Sleeping Beauty DVD, information, and giveaway for my blog from Prima Princessa Productions, LLC. The giveaway copy of The Nutcracker will be sent to the winner directly from Prima Princessa Productions, LLC. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are only written by me.
on February 9, 2012
My 5 year old LOVES the Prima Princessa Nutcracker dvd so I assumed she'd love this one too. Although she's very outgoing and confident, she does seem to be a little more 'sensitive' than other kids her age to the *evil* characters portrayed in Disney movies etc. So she doesn't like this ballet because of the 'evil fairy' who puts everyone to sleep. She's watched it once and doesn't want to see it again. Such a pity since these DVD's are so cute. For some reason the rats in the Nutcracker are OK but the evil fairy is not! Who can reason with a 5 year old? Maybe I'll try the Swan Lake one instead.
on November 17, 2011
This is my daughter's third year taking ballet class and she loves dancing. The big recital is the highlight of her year and she loves watching the other performances almost as much as being in one herself. She is mesmerized by the dancers and now with the latest Prima Princessa release she can experience the excitement at home whenever she wants.

This is our third Prima Princessa DVD and it's by far our favorite one! I think it's because she was already familiar with both story of Sleeping Beauty and the ballet's music. She could anticipate what was going to happen and of course, she loved dancing along with the students from the School of American Ballet.

Like the previous Prima Princess titles it features beautiful scenes from the ballet, this time performed by England's famous Royal Ballet. Viewers can experience the beautiful scenery and artistry of the dancers without a transatlantic flight. The animated character of Prima Princess narrates the ballet and then leads the viewer through some simple ballet steps. Children are given the chance to learn ballet vocabulary and practice their steps. It's nice how the Prima Princessa Presents Sleeping Beauty DVD gets dancers up and moving. I also liked that a different ballet company is featured from the other two DVDs. It's nice to see the various different styles of productions.
on January 12, 2013
I got this DVD for my 4-year-old daughter, who loves the Prima Princessa Nutcracker and Swan Lake DVDs. She was really excited to watch Sleeping Beauty, but we didn't even make it through the first half because she was so unsettled by the "evil fairy" character in the ballet. The costumes and makeup are stunning, and fascinating for an older audience, but I could easily see why it would be so disturbing to younger children, especially those who tend to be more sensitive to portrayals of evil or strong conflict in the media.

I don't have an issue with the ballet itself, but rather with the choice by Prima Princessa to feature this particular ballet for its DVDs. The DVDs are obviously marketed to preschool-aged kids, and there was no indication on the packaging-- in the description or the images-- of such potentially disturbing material for the younger age-group.
on November 30, 2011
My daughter absolutely loved this DVD. It was great seeing her identify with complex ballet terms by seeing them explained to her in an easier fashion and taught. She had a wonderful time dancing around to the instructional sections. My son also takes Hip Hop and was also very interested in the video and may have done a plie or two. Even the dog got in to it when he saw dogs on the screen chasing balls around to illustrate chasse. Great stocking stuffer for any ballerina in your family!
on July 9, 2014
My children (Boy-5, Girl-2) love this DVD! It's a genius way to introduce small children to the classic ballets. Scenes from the actual ballet are narrated for the children's understanding. The scenes from the ballet are interspersed with easy ballet tutorials and scenes with little ballerinas frolicking happily. Being a life-long ballet fan myself, I sit and watch with the kids! I immediately ordered "The Nutcracker" version of Prima Princessa.
on May 12, 2015
For the love of Pete, our family has now watched this movie about a million times. I'm getting delirious. I guess that means it's a great buy. Our girls love... this.... movie.

(Be sure to watch the special features on this one!!! There is a tea-party that our kids LOVE!)
on December 5, 2014
My little girl (4-1/2 years old) is taking ballet classes, and we watched this as an introduction to real ballet performances. She was already familiar with the story, which is quite similar to Jim Weiss' audio version. She enjoyed the movie very much. I liked the narration, as it can be difficult to follow a ballet. It is very repetitive, but that didn't seem to bother her much. We may try the Nutcracker one next.
on October 13, 2011
Considering I only have one girl out of my 6 children, I'm surprised how much ballet and tutus fill my home....

Princess Ashley loves to dance.
She loves ballet.
And we all love Prima Princessa.

primaprincessalogo
Her DVD's are treasured.
I don't blame her.
The beautiful costumes, graceful ballerinas, and fun lessons are every girl's dream come true!

And thanks to my sweet friends Mary Kate Mellow and Stephanie Troeller, creators of Prima Princessa, we have added the newest DVD release to our collection.

Prima Princessa Presents Sleeping Beauty is filled with snippits of The Royal Ballet's beautiful production of that classic tale, guided along by our favorite animated Prima Princessa fairy, and lessons in between acts to learn simple ballet steps straight from the performance.

Don't forget the bonus arts and crafts feature, and magical tea party!
Your dancer will be most certainly begging for an encore!

And just so you know, despite the fact that this DVD was created for ages 3-6, I my 7 year old ballerina still thoroughly enjoys it. :o)

For any princess at heart who loves dancing, Prima Princessa Presents Sleeping Beauty is a wonderful way to bring out the ballerina at heart!
And it's only $6.99!!!!
I'm thinking stocking stuffers!
on April 1, 2016
My girls love this!!! They can have "ballet class" anytime! I Highly recommend Prima Princessa if you have a little princess or prince that is enthusiastic about dance. Every child can only benefit from the fundamentals of ballet as it helps to promote a life long interest in physical activity. Get your kids UP off the couch and moving EASILY with this movie! Who knows, maybe they'll even take a nap for you after they tire themselves out?!😴