Customer Discussions > Darksiders II forum

Prima digital mini-guide

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 13, 2012 6:27:18 PM PDT
awmartian says:
I received my preorder bonus information via email today. I can't seem to download the guide. I am registered at THQ's website. Has anyone else gotten the link Amazon sent to work?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 9:41:44 PM PDT
Steven says:
I registered for the site using the register link at the top, but still can't access the guide. When I use the link Amazon sent me is says my account doesn't exist and doesn't let me register from that prompt.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 10:17:01 AM PDT
I have the exact same problem, when I follow the Amazon link it wants me to login or register. Once I do that, I can't find the mini-guide - and if I paste the link in the browser once I'm logged in - it STILL tells me to login and register. Amazon, I'd sure like to get this darn mini guide!

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 1:22:19 PM PDT
awmartian says:
I just tried the link and it is still not working. This sucks! If anyone gets it working please post how you did it. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 1:36:15 PM PDT
Just sent them an email, we'll see what happens.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 5:44:50 AM PDT
I'm having the same issue as you guys. Amazon email link sends me to THQ site (a blog post) that tells me I have to register or login to see the post. If I hit register it doesn't even take me to a register page, but to the login page. If I try logging in with my THQ credentials it says I don't exist. So we're stuck in a loop here. I emailed THQ just now to see if they know what's up.

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 5:49:40 AM PDT
Here's my reply from Amazon customer service:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. I've let our Technical Team know about it and I need to look into the problem with them, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.
Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

Best Regards,
Jeelani M
Amazon.com

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 4:06:04 AM PDT
Cruise says:
I wasn't aware of the Prima digital mini-guide pre-order bonus.

Does it have a code of it's own?

I have yet to receive my "Deadly Despair Pack" code either, so I was wondering if both "Deadly Despair Pack" and "Prima digital mini-guide" are from the same code.

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 4:44:25 AM PDT
This is the email I received the day before I got the game:

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for pre-ordering "Darksiders II" for PlayStation 3. Your purchase has entitled you to access the Deadly Despair Pack as well as a Prima digital mini-guide that covers the first two dungeons of the game. To download the digital mini-guide, please go to the following website: http://www.darksiders.com/blog-post/amazon-exclusive-prima-strategy-mini-guide and register on the site. To access the Deadly Despair Pack, use "Your Promotional Code" above and follow these steps: Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation Network (or use an existing account). Step 2: Select "Account Management" from the "PlayStation Network" icon on the XMB (XcrossMediaBar). Step 3: Select "Redeem Codes." Step 4: Enter the promotional code found above. Please note that the promotional code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly. Each claim code is unique and can't be shared. Step 5: Once the promotional code has been entered correctly, click "Continue." Once you accept the terms you will be taken to the download screen.

I got the deadly despair speed boost, no luck with the mini-guide

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 6:06:39 PM PDT
awmartian says:
Any updates? Did Amazon ever respond with a reason why its not working?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 4:35:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 21, 2012 4:36:23 AM PDT
Just checked my email, Amazon sent me a new code. Unfortunately I'm at work, can't try it until tonight. I'll let you know if it worked.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 11:31:39 AM PDT
Still can't get the mini guide to work either. It tells me the same thing about logging in and invalid password even though I'm already logged in.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 12:09:22 PM PDT
awmartian says:
I was able to get the code to work in the email. I have not been able to get the mini guide url link to work though. I wonder why Amazon sent you a new code when it was the link that was not working right.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 1:10:23 PM PDT
Susie says:
We're having the same problem. I thought maybe it was a plugin issue with IE or chrome but if I go to the forums section of darksiders website it shows me as logged in. They need to fix this, my husband is going to beat this part of the game before we can even get this to work. Part of the reason I even ordered it from Amazon was the pre-order bonus. Our code for deadly despair did work though, he managed to download that from xbox live.

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 6:15:21 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 24, 2012 6:16:48 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 8:44:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2012 8:46:26 PM PDT
Susie says:
Has anyone had any luck? I tried it again. I logged onto the site, then I used the link in the Amazon email. My initial login works just fine, its when I try to log in after using the strategy guide link that it tells me that the login information I just used successfully is invalid. Awesome.

oh, and as an update, my husband beat the game three days ago, so great pre-order bonus.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 3:15:56 AM PDT
Cruise says:
Still no luck with the Prima Digital Mini-Guide. Apparently, some people are having trouble redeeming the Crow Hammer DLC that came along with the Darksiders II Guide Book as well. Now, I am skeptical with any future Prima promotional games tie-ins.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Darksiders II forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Aug 13, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Darksiders II
Darksiders II by THQ (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (213)