5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Grail of Paleo/Primal Cook Books
Published on April 3, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so quick and easy
I have found some good recipes in this book but the majority are not things I'm overly interested in making. It isn't geared around traditional items found in your kitchen ( even a Primal one). That negates the quick and easy portion to me. The pictures are lovely and the recipes are easy to follow though.
Published on August 23, 2011 by C. J. Lovelace

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Grail of Paleo/Primal Cook Books, April 3, 2011
This review is from: Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals: Delicious, Primal-approved meals you can make in under 30 minutes (Primal Blueprint Series) (Hardcover)
My wife and I run a paleo home kitchen. This book is a fantastic addition to our growing list of paleo/primal recipes. What specifically makes this book such a big win is the layout and generous use of quality pictures. Every recipe is accompanied by an ingredient list, a nutrient list, clearly written (not overly verbose) instructions, and perhaps what my wife and I appreciate the most, a picture of the ingredients and a picture of the finished product. This book was not just thrown together it haste. The photography is high-quality, the recipes extremely tasteful and the section broad. I highly recommend this book for anybody who appreciates high-quality, healthy meals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for those new to Paleo, April 2, 2011
I just got this book and I'm really excited about it. Lots of great recipes.

Pros:
- Lots of variety
- Colour photos of the raw ingredients, the meal being prepared and the final product for every recipe. I've never seen a cookbook do this before and it's so awesome and helpful.
- Nutrition info for every recipe
- Great index
- Awesome sauce section

Cons:
- I think ALL cookbooks oughtta be spiral bound so you can lay it flat and look at while cooking
- Dust jacket is going to get destroyed in tke kitchen, would have prefered a glossy hardcover without dust jacket

If you are new to Paleo, or getting sick of making the same meals over and over, get this book. It will be a great addition to your kitchen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared to salivate!, March 29, 2011
Quick, non-intimidating, delicious meals. I have both of Mark's cookbooks, and eating Primally has absolutely changed my life. When this showed up yesterday, I flipped through it, and 90% of these meals are something that I would make, enjoy, and use again and again. I can't say that about any other cookbook on my shelves. Guests would never suspect they were being served "crazy caveman diet" food,(their words, not mine) because it is what it is: real, glorious, basic food. Most of it can be made using ingredients that I already keep handy: granted, I have been eating this way for over a year now, so it comes pretty naturally at this point. Really solid snack and breakfast options: entrees for the Primal eater are not hard to find, but I need to accept that I will eventually get sick of eggs, and when that time comes, The Primal Hot Cereal recipe will come in handy. If you're into counting carbs and calories, this one does have a macronutrient profile. Lots of potential for customization, and good-old-fashioned common sense. If you're more Paleo, there's dairy subs/suggestions/omissions too. The pictures alone will make your mouth water. I actually caught my husband flipping through it, which is a first. What's not to like?

5.0 out of 5 stars in love with this book, October 5, 2011
E. Carlson (Franklin, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I'm just getting started in the PRIMAL lifestyle and this was my intro book for recipes. Please know I've been buying Healthy Eating cookbooks for decades, I will admit to nearly giving up because as much as I love preparing fresh food, and I adore it - I just wanted excellent taste results with a minimal to moderate time invested, and I don't need to prepare meals for 4 - just me or for two.

First, well laid-out design, love the pictures of the ingredients that are gathered before putting together the dish.

Second, as another reviewer pointed out, these have obviously been truly kitchen-tested recipes - I've not had a single failure - PERFECT dish everytime.

Third - the recipes are the EASIEST to put together. This morning I went into the kitchen with a little bit of trepidation to make a salad for lunch - 8 minutes later I had a gorgeous Blueberry Walnut Arugala salad with a fresh raspberry vinaigrette. This inspired me to get onto Amazon and spread the word about this recipe book.

Also, I don't have unused foods - there is a mindful intention of when you buy a head of cauliflower, that there are several recipes to use up the other half; so there is some intention on the authors and their development of their recipes.

The recipes are brilliant, easy - superhealthy - satisfying - and because all these components as mentioned above - I'm sticking to it.

Let me put it this way, I'm buying this book to give to friends because they need to know how great this is. You need to know how great this is.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great cookbook!, May 1, 2011
I have to say I was really nervous about trying this cookbook, how could it possibly give me new ideas. Well, I was totally wrong! Every meal I have made has been so delicious. My family has not felt like we are missing anything in our meals and my kids 7,5 and 5 don't even realize the "fried rice" is really cauliflower. My son who is so anti-vegetable has been eating a steady stream of vegetables and not even realizing it.

I really love how they use simple ingredients and easy to understand recipes. All can be done in 30 minutes, some cookbooks say they can be done quickly but this is truly quick and easy.

Thanks for creating such a fantastic cookbook.
I never do a review, so it must be good :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best paleo cookbook yet! Want to cook almost everything., May 18, 2011
I've been a fan of Sisson's first cookbook for some time, though a good portyion of it was about how to cook great hunks of meat, and the other portion of it was how to make paleo versions of stuff we shouldn't really be eating. This book focuses more on everyday foods that are simple to make.

None of the recipes in here looked terrifically difficult or time-consuming, and almost every single one looked AMAZING. I have many shelves of cookbooks, and this one has so many dog-ears in it of things I must try that it's puffed out and not closing all the way - that will give you an idea of how little fluff is in this recipe book.

Sample recipes:

cauliflower arroz con pollo
coconut curry meatballs
sweet and spicy coconut sauce
creamy coconut squash
cauliflower puree with sausage and poached eggs
creamy basil pesto cole slaw
jalapeno egg salad
tahini chicken salad
spinach coconut milk soup with curried shrimp
pork fried cauliflower rice
un-stuffed cabbage
skirt steak and turnip risotto

Seriously, with a little prep, you won't miss your usual grain-based diet. Those that live gluten-free or low-carb will find some great inspiration here. I'd highly recommend Sisson's cookbooks, both of them, whether you're new to paleo/ primal eating or whether you're established in this lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for a Low Carb diet, April 8, 2011
Before buying this book we found ourselves in a rut. Cooking the same foods over and over again and spending way too much time in the kitchen.

This recipe book has to be one of the best we have used. The recipes are simple, quick and very good. We just started using it this week and I took the approach of preplanning our meals for the week. The meals take about 30 minutes or less to prepare and cook. We've gone through 8 recipes so far with nothing but thumbs up from the family.

I'm looking forward to the sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Delicious!, August 4, 2011
L. A. (Milwaukee, WI) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is one of the top cookbooks anywhere. I have a pantry full and don't really like them or use them. This cookbook is so different. There are minimal ingredients in the recipes, and the photos make everything fail proof. I really like the photo of the ingredients for each recipe. It makes my shopping list so much easier to create. Tonight I wanted to cook fish. I typically grill or broil them the same every time I make them. I was able to find the recipe for fish tacos with citrus sauce. The prep took less than 10 minutes and the cooking to plate was about the same time. Let me tell you, the fish was delicious! I was actually able to pull food I already had in the house and create this fast and delicious dinner. For those that claim there is too much dairy in this cookbook - it is optional and this is the Primal Blueprint not Paleo. I like having options and my Greek Yogurt! This book is super awesome and I am so happy I bought it. I am giving my other cookbooks away to friends.

Update: I made the pork fried cauliflower rice. Very few ingredients needed and very quick to make. It was delicious! My husband ate two huge bowls of it. He is normally picky about his foods, but he loved this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so quick and easy, August 23, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Way better than the first cook book, May 25, 2011
I have been primal for at least 3 years now and am an avid Mark Sisson follower (he's totally my fitness idol). I am not a hardcore NO DAIRY 100% paleo type, however I do follow the rest of the Primal Blueprint rules. The primal blueprint in addition to Mark's cookbooks have allowed me to lose 30 pounds effortlessly, without much working out. My entire extended family has also become 'primal' and lost 25-30lbs each.

This cookbook is wonderful if you are like me and still enjoy some dairy (like butter) but there are always alternatives that you can implement yourself into the recipes. I think Mark has done a great job and I have made A LOT of these recipes including the pork chops and grilled carrots, garlic butter halibut, and the guac stuffed hard boiled eggs. All of them were pretty amazing. One of my favorites was the fried "rice" - to die for. You can't even tell the difference!

I would reccommend this cookbook AND the user submitted one on his website marksdailyapple.com. The website itself has a TON of info and recipes as well. Or start by checking out the Primal Blueprint and get hooked on Mark like me :)