Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on September 3, 2013
They must have paid people to review this book. Each recipe maybe has 3-4 ingredients and nothing you would want to eat. I was looking for simple meals for dinner for family also this book recipe would feed 1-2 people. Even the names of the recipes are not good sounding. I bought some other paleo books and love them, Im not that picky. My husband looked through it and said there was nothing in there he would eat. One of the recipes is like pork chops and brussel sprouts. Thats it and add some salt and pepper. Really do not waste your money. Im returning mine and it is a disappointment.
on March 18, 2012
As I wrote on the other Primal Cookbook review, these recipes are NOT dairy-free as emblazoned on the cover. While the author sometimes lists ghee (a casein-free, whey-free, lactose-free solid with milk fats) as an alternative, many recipes call for butter, cream, etc. For instance, berry pancakes on page 7 calls for 3 tablespoons unsalted butter. Turkish eggs, page 15 calls for 1/4 cup full-fat yogurt. And so on.

For celiac sufferers seeking a true gluten-free, casein-free cookbook along the paleo diet lines, this isn't it...

Those sensitive to coconut should also be aware that this author relies heavily on coconut milk, flour and solids.
77 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2011
How does this author get away with claiming that the book is "primal, paleo, low-carb, grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free?" Last time I checked yogurt, butter and all milk-related products are "dairy." Some reviewers have suggested that those who take exception to the dairy contained within various recipes should just "get over it." Perhaps they do not realize that dairy and lactose-intolerant people might decide to buy this book, never suspecting that it is not dairy-free until they start reading the recipes. Such people would LOVE to get over it. However, they have bodies that are made ill by dairy products and don't have the option of "getting over it." Why somebody would write a cookbook, however good the recipes might be, and claim in the sub-title that it is something it is not, is beyond me. Such blatant false advertising has no place. Under those circumstances, the book rates one star for its deception.
1717 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2013
Almost like the Primal Blueprint Cookbook. Equally horrible tasting recipes. Can't believe this could even be published. Nobody liked anything I made from this book.
on June 28, 2011
I have both of Mark's cookbooks and I find them misleading. Each cookbook cover misleads by stating the cookbook is Paleo and Dairy-Free and this is just not true. A number of the recipes contain butter. Butter is a dairy product and is not considered Paleo. A far better cookbook with better layout and recipes and that is truly Paleo and Dairy-Free is 'Everyday Paleo' by Sarah Fragoso. Buy Sarah's book instead and you won't be disappointed or mislead!
99 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2014
Nothing I really liked in this cookbook. I like Marks ideas on life, but not a fan of this book
on October 26, 2015
No easy recipies
on September 20, 2011
I've been on the Paleo diet for 3 months now and was looking for a recipe book with some new ideas. While this book is advertised as Paleo, it includes grain and dairy in many recipes. Butter is a typical ingredient. There may be workarounds, but that isn't why I bought this book.
on April 2, 2015
primal is too hard to do. I just went low carb and it is great
on October 12, 2011
I purchased two books to help kick-start my Paleo diet, One was a green smoothie and another for meals, this book. I was fortunate that the smoothie book was excellent, unfortunately the food book was far from it. I'm a sucker for cooking books with color illustrations but I am disgusted at books that don't follow the theme. Dairy is not Primal nor Paleo, so many recipes include dairies. If I wanted a cookbook utilizing butters and creams I would have bought a french cookbook. Secondly, most recipes do not look very appealing, the ingredients are strangely combined. This quickly became another book on my shelf doomed for dust collection.