5.0 out of 5 stars LITERAL ADDICTION's Review of Primal Law
Primal Law, Book One of the Alpha Pack series
Author: J.D Tyler

Synopsis:
Founded by a group of former Navy SEALS, the Alpha Pack is a top-secret team of wolf shifters with Psy powers tasked with eliminating the most dangerous predators in the world. But the gift of their abilities comes at a price...
After a massacre decimates half his team and...
Published on August 29, 2011 by LITERAL ADDICTION

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprised at the high ratings
Jax is part of a secret organization that has people of various abilities and is used as government mercenaries. Kira has found something wrong at work and while trying to figure it out, ends up getting caught by the guards. In the middle of getting roughed up, Jax hears her and rescues her... and finds out that she is his mate.

First off, I really like...
Published on October 29, 2011 by J. Bryan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, sexy and full of hot shifters!, September 24, 2011
I'll start off by saying that I LOVED this book! It was everything a paranormal romance should be and more. Jaxon Law is an ex Navy SEAL and a wolf shifter, made not born and he's also a member of a top secret group of shifter's(they all also have other nifty abilities) who hunt down dangerous shifters, other non-human's and humans and either eliminate or rehabilitate them. While trying to unwind for a weekend in Vegas he hears a woman scream and he rushes to her rescue. When he gets there he doesn't just find a woman in distress, he finds his mate! Kira Locke, who I love, has just stumbled onto a horrible secret(but doesn't know what it is exactly) and she's running from some pretty bad guys who don't want that secret spilled. Thanks to Jaxon she is saved from them and wisked away to their secret compound in the Shoshone National Forest where they all try to find out exactly what she's found.

There is lots of action, lots of lovin' and lots of big sexy wolf shifter's. Oh and I can't forget the sexy Royal Seelie fairy and the scorcerer/panther shifter. I read through other people's reviews of this book before and again after I read it and some have a point. Yes, she threw in a LOT of extra info, but I think that info is needed for the future books. I know there is at least one future book in this series....please please please let there be a bunch more.

My favorite characters would have to be Sariel, the royal Seelie fairy and Kalen Black, the panther shifter/scorcerer. I know the main characters should be favorites, but I can't help it. Kalen sounds SO HOT, and come on a panther....YUM!!! And then there is Sariel, who is tall, blue and has wings.....I love different characters like this one. And I really hope they each get a book of their own later on.

Back to the main characters...Jax has been through hell and has trust issues because of an evil past lover, but he sticks it outs and when he falls, he falls hard. And Kira is such a sweetheart but don't let that fool you. She's also pretty tough and can hold her own with the gorgeous wolf shifter.

So I recommend you at least check it out and try because it promises to turn into an awesome series, and there are quite a few big sexy shifters who will probably get their own happy ending too.

Reviewed by Anna at Diary of a Romance Addict

5.0 out of 5 stars ENGAGING BEGINNING!, September 18, 2011
Great new series! Very entertaining. Can't wait until the next one comes out! Interesting plot twists abound. Highly recommend! JD tyler obviously knows how to grab the reader and keep us rivited. All the characters were created with just enough depth to make you want to read more.

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome, August 23, 2011
This review is from: Primal Law: An Alpha Pack Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
I barly read and when I was recommend to read this book I gave it a chance and I can't even put the book down. I love it

4.0 out of 5 stars It was a refreshing change in author., August 19, 2011
This review is from: Primal Law: An Alpha Pack Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. It was very related to the Ghostwalker series by C Feehann "By the way, will she EVER put out another book in that series?". Anyway, the cons of this novel were that there is a great goup of people that are already formed, work well together, and are in control of their operation. The pros? This book was written in such simple manner I was able to read it in 1 evening. It was sooo simple, sometimes just downright stupid because things are soooo easy to know what was happening. BUT, I am giving it 4 stars fo the quality of witing, interesting plot, and a prediction a better sequel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Paranormal Romance, November 21, 2014
OMG, it's been way too long since I've read a good, classic-style paranormal romance. I've had the audio version of Primal Law on my iPod for months now, and after I finished the book prior to it, and was scrolling through my choices, this book really stood out. All of a sudden, I absolutely HAD to listen to it. Decision made.

In Primal Law, we are introduced to the Alpha Pack, a group of shifters that used to be Navy SEALS. Each member of the team has an extra special ability outside of the fact that they can shift into wolves. These abilities come in handy when on missions - or when trying to save a damsel in distress, as Jaxon Law does in Las Vegas one night. He is inexplicably drawn to the woman he saves - Kira. In between trying to get a handle on these new feelings for her, he and his team are compelled to learn more about Kira's former employer and the nasty human experiments they are conducting.

This book was exactly what I needed. Who doesn't love a good book about a bunch of hunky shifters, right? The Alpha Pack was the best part about Primal Law, hands down. I was thrilled when I thought it was just five or six guys who can change into massive wolves. But, J.D. Tyler surprised me by adding extra powers on top of that. Like, one of the guys can call up fire with his hands. Another can see glimpses of the future. And Jaxon can even rewind time. I loved this unique twist on your run-of-the-mill werewolves.

Did I mention that the shifters aren't the only supernatural creatures in this world? Oh no. There are lots them in Primal Law, and I love that even the characters in the story don't know all about them or what all is out there in the world. It's like, they are discovering these races along with the reader, so that was pretty cool. We became most familiar with a fae prince, a gremlin and a sorcerer. And, the way that they were all introduced to the storyline was creative and fit in with the rest of the story.

Kira was the token human in the story. She's ballsy and smart and pretty much fearless. She has a very tender heart too, which causes Jax a lot of stress since she's always putting herself in danger to help someone else. I also liked that Kira questioned everything and didn't accept it at face value just because someone told her to.

Jax is the extra broody member of the Alpha Pack. He has a lot on his conscience. A mission gone bad weighs on him still, six months after the fact. He feels like it was his fault, and to make matters worse, he still sports an injury that sometimes hampers his ability to walk or run. But, when he meets Kira, everything changes. He fights it - I mean, he's a virile, independent man. He wasn't prepared to be shackled with a mate. But, once he gives in to it, he changes, at least toward Kira. One of my favorite parts of the books about shifters is their uber protective nature when it comes to their mates. It's SO swoon-worthy. Jax was no different. I loved how grumbly he got when other males got too touchy feely with Kira. I loved how he tried to keep her from charging into danger, and how on alert he was when he couldn't convince her to stay home.

Jax's and Kira's relationship was sweet and sexy. I liked that Primal Law was a dual POV book, too. Jax's perspective on everything that went on between the two of them was interesting and enlightening. He and Kira were great together.

I really liked the audio version. Kirsten Potter was a new narrator to me, and I thought she did a fantastic job. I'll definitely be checking out her other work.

Speaking of, things were set up nicely to bring you into the second book in the series. I've already added it to my Audible wishlist. So, the next time I get a hankering for a good shifter book, I'll be ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jax....yummy, July 16, 2014
This review is from: Primal Law: An Alpha Pack Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
I was waiting for so long to have this book and the all series and finally i could get my hands on it....I knew,i was gonna be disappointed about it and i was right..I loved it and love it a lot...I find everything in this book just like the series..Love,action,war,shifter,heroes,sex scene hot....I got the all package ....You could feel the pack shifters very very closed together..Went all trough a lot,pain.trouble and more..I find also humor,suspense .....I love it very much..I cant wait for more cause they are more shifter to have to find their mate and more adventure...The whole alpha team are gorgeous and can't wait for more.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Amazed at the high review score., July 14, 2013
This review is from: Primal Law: An Alpha Pack Novel (Mass Market Paperback)
I love paranormal stories. Paranormal romance, paranormal mystery, urban fantasy.... And shifters are my favorites. With all the high scores for this entire series I thought this one would be an easy win. Not so much.

The story has promise. Unfortunately the author's writing skills were not sufficient to the task.

The writing is disjointed, the pacing is terrible, and there is no character development (she tries with the heroine, but it's just painful) or (especially) any world building. And supernatural skills are a complete substitute for common sense and normal human reactions.

Kira is a researcher who steals from her employer and is on the run. She's then caught and in the middle of her capture she raises a huge fuss attacking her captors and is saved by Jax. Jax hears Kira in danger. It triggers some kind of strong reaction in him. And he slaughters two people to save Kira. He's a soldier and could easily have subdued the men who had her without killing them. But for this author an uber alpha apparently doesn't think first, he just slaughters. Then he magically deduces that she's a thief. And knowing nothing else about her decides that he has to take her to their super secret government mountain hide out. Next thing you know, she's hired as staff at this hide-out and given access to dangerous prisoners and given carte blanche on dealing with them. Why? Because the boss of the hideout is a pre-cog. The VERY NEXT DAY see Kira approaching feral creatures who have been captured and, within 5 minutes of meeting with them, turning them into domesticated guests at what is rapidly becoming a half way house for supernatural misfits in the mountains. Oh yeah. And by the way... it turns out Kira has supernatural skills of her own. That's why she can do all this stuff!! OF COURSE!

Kira has no real surprise or reaction to the revelation that monsters and creatures that go bump in the night exist. Oh, she remarks on it. But 5 minutes later she's cool with it all and wants to join the team and save the monsters in lock up. As for the hero, he was underwhelming to say the least. His chief qualification appears to be his ability to go back in time and fix problems, a rather obvious and clumsy plot device.

So why two stars? Well, I finished it. And I am intersted enough in resolving the cliff hanger ending that I MIGHT buy the next book (but it is doubtful). So that's two stars right there.

Overall, I can only imagine most of the reviews are written by the author's fan club or by people who have never read good paranormal romance.

If you do want good paranormal romance I recommend:
Larrisa Ione's: Deamonica Series.
Sydney Croft's: ACRO Series
Kresley Cole's: Immortals After Dark

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars, October 30, 2014
Would've been a five but the typos (Kira/Kyra and words w/o spaces in between) was distracting.
First time used silver bullets, second time didn't. Doesn't make sense.
Felt like I missed "beginning of series", but made sense as I read along.
A very good series though.
Lots of characters so start writing them as they appear. :):)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10, 2014
OH YES AWE SOME SERIES CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
K. Pitcher (Washington State USA) - See all my reviews
Great series.... reading each one in order.... can't wait to read the next book in the series...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

Primal Law: An Alpha Pack Novel
Primal Law: An Alpha Pack Novel by J.D. Tyler (Mass Market Paperback - August 2, 2011)
$7.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.