Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on October 4, 2013
My kid won this as a prize at the MLB All-Star Game 2011. We had NOOOOO idea what a jackpot we had won. We have watched all nine episodes over, and over, and over, and over. My children have learned a ton about baseball, both the game and its recent history, from this DVD! And it has kept them from driving their parents crazy and/or killing each other in the backseat of many a long road trip! The whole family enjoys this exploration of great moments in baseball. We lost the original disc on one of our trips and I did not hesitate to order a replacement. I also bought a copy for my nephew, who is as much of a baseball nut as my son (they are both six years old), and he looooooooves it. I wish there were additional editions!

By way of comparison, we have also borrowed from the library various installments of Ken Burns' Baseball series. My children are pretty sophisticated in general and budding baseball connoisseurs but the Burns DVDs did not hold their attention. Prime 9 was produced for commercial TV so it is punchier. We cut them off at three half-hour episodes but I bet they could watch all nine in succession! So if you are shopping for a younger audience, look no further.
on December 27, 2013
I couldn't beat the price for the entertainment value. It's great, but there are over 70 episodes of Prime Nine and cannot figure out how they came to the conclusion to only choose these episodes. There are not only more, but there are better episodes of this program.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2013
If you know anyone who is crazy for the Yankees or is bonkers about the Red Sox, this DVD is for them. It really feels like a mix of all things baseball, and is a fun way to keep fans busy.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2013
I found this DVD mildly diverting, broken into segments that make it possible to "take a quick break" from whatever you're doing. You'll get a baseball fix, and, as an added bonus for you "list addicts", it's ... A LIST (cymbals !). Production quality is pretty good. I did enjoy it, even though I haven't followed MLB in any detail since they moved the "Mick" to first base and Steinbrenner fired Yogi for winning the pennant. Some new hi-lites to these eyes, although the shows are lite, fluffy and a tad short on drama. That's OK, though. Reminds me ... it's Spring Training days ... maybe I'll head down to Orlando, Lakeland, etc. while there are still games to be played nearby. Watch some "bez bol", as my little leaguer used to say. See what "mildly diverting" can inspire ?
on December 18, 2012
i liked the dvd because of seeing how the areas the where counted down, where really interesting, but it also gave my ideas on other countdowns, the series could do, keeking in mind baseball's long history
on February 9, 2014
The problem is that they need to flesh it out a little more and provide more context rather than just regurgitate a list of what is good for 'just because' reasoning. Technically the discs look and sound decent, but without any supplements, they feel little more than teasers for the episodes that air on the MLB network, so you're better off seeing them there rather than spending the money to rent a disc like this.