Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on April 17, 2012
I was a little hesitant to order this printer after reading some reviews regarding short-lasting ink cartridges. After reading a blog entry from a small business owner who had listed some "tricks" to getting extra life from the ink, and after calculating how much I'd actually save by printing my own short-run labels, I decided to pull the trigger and buy it. So far? I love it! While it's true the ink light does come on after a few hundred labels, it doesn't mean that you have to stop and change the ink cartridge right then and there. You can actually continue printing well beyond the time the warning light comes on. Then, when the ink does start to fade, you can run a cleaning cycle which will get you several additional labels. I was able to get an extra 200 labels after the light coming on, but my labels are a bit "ink-heavy" so it stands to reason that those printing labels without a black background will enjoy even more life from the cartridge!
The print quality is fantastic and you absolutely cannot beat the convenience! I've been known to alter the graphics on my labels from time to time, so the LX400 saves me from having a shelf full of "unusable" labels. I can just print on demand and if I end up doing a design update? No problem and no labels wasted!
I definitely recommend the LX400, especially for the small business owner who doesn't want to deal with the minimum print quantities of professional printing companies.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2014
I was just told by primera technical support that if you have a mac and update to Yosemite 10.10 you might as well send the printer back. It will not work and there is NO plan for an update from Primera for the LX400. Would have been nice to know considering I now have a $1,000 paper weight!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2014
Seller was great, arrived quickly, works well. A bit slow but works for what we need. The only problem is we updated our iMacs to OS10.10 and the drive no longer works as of 11-3-14. Need an updated driver. We are having to connect to an older mac to get it to work.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2014
We use these for production and short runs. The service at Primera and their label partner is simply fantastic. We print very small labels 2.5 x 2.5 maximum, lasts a long time, only alignment problems arise, for the economical work horse it's a great deal.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse