5.0 out of 5 stars great and reliable value
Published on January 10, 2012 by Robert Gleason

2.0 out of 5 stars More electronic issues......
Published on February 3, 2012 by Hunter1

5.0 out of 5 stars great and reliable value, January 10, 2012
This review is from: Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call (Sports)
This product is compact, well made and well thought out. Ample clear volume and easy to use remote control with omni directional speaker adjustments. The cammo design is very good and well applied giving the speaker a reliable hidden effect when in the field. The many choices of calls and quality of them is excellent and gives me confidence to play them in any of the chosen hunt situations. There is nothing to be embarrassed about when showing this to friends or playing it in a real hunt situation. The range of the remote is adequate to allow a reasonable distance from you to keep prey from associating you with the sound source. I have always used mouth calls and decided to incorporate an electronic call to accompany my own wind driven efforts. After an exhaustive search and much research into the different calls available, the Alpha Dogg was a no brainer. Although, the smaller unit, Turbo Dogg was a close second. Partly my decision was made because of the involvement of Randy Anderson whom I have grown to trust and admire for his contribution to this sport. I'd obviously recommend this product to anyone who wants a good bargain and a reliable, effective call.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for the buck!!, February 9, 2012
This review is from: Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call (Sports)
Got the Alpha Dogg call several months ago. Was debating between the latest FoxPro calls but couldn't believe how much they were asking for them. The Alpha Dogg is hundreds $$ less than the FoxPro and performs as good if not better! Small enough to fit in a small backpack or hand carry but loud enough to be used in the widest open of ranges.

The volume of the Alpha Dogg is great! And from of the review I have read on other sites better than some of the FoxPro calls. I had this call on it's middle setting and it was still loud enough to call across an open field into the wind. At the loudest settings it could be used in the open prairies with ease. And the volume is adjustable on the remote at any time. The Alpha Dogg is very portable and has directional speakers to cover every avenue of approach. The Alpha Dogg also has built in legs to get it off the ground which fold up and help to protect the side speakers when not in use or while transporting.

The remote for the Alpha Dogg is much better than any I've seen from Fox Pro and very user friendly. It's back lit with adjustable lighting. Large display and large buttons and shows the length of time calling and remaining in the call sequence as well as list the different calls in order on the a preset expert mode and shows which one is currently playing. The range on the Alpha Dogg remote is listed as 200 yds and I can verify that this is indeed true if not a little understated. There are numerous calls on the Alpha Dogg and even a few routines that are setup under the expert hunt modes that have varying calls as well as moments of silence and varying volumes built into the routine.

Overall impression: Outstanding Call! Biggest and best bang for the buck. Great Features, Great Volume, Excellent Range on the remote and numerous calls available on the Alpha Dogg as shipped and many more that you can download and install yourself.

Highly recommend!

2.0 out of 5 stars More electronic issues......, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call (Sports)
For the record I think Primos makes very good products. I own a lot of their mouth calls, turkey calls and other products. I orginally bought the Turbo Dog and was very dissapointed in the a product...remote wouldn't work any further than 10 yds away from the call. So I upgradeded to the Alpha Dog. The design is very nice, the calls are clear and crisp. The remote worked much better and I tested it in the Wyoming mountains at 50+ yds away and it worked fine. The issue I had with the unit is that right out of the box the side speakers never worked. One of the big reasons I liked the design of this unit is because the side speakers gave you a larger calling perimeter. After field testing both of Primos electronic calls I just got the feeling that Primos doesn't have the experience in electronics to make a good call or the company they contracted to do the electronic work for them in China is ripping them off.

5.0 out of 5 stars just right, December 18, 2012
This review is from: Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call (Sports)
I went with this caller seemed to give the most bang for my buck, first two stands just played with the sounds 1coyote each stand, couple of days later 3 stands 9 coyotes called using the expert hunt mode, ive made 10 stands called in 13 coyotes I think those are pretty good results.

5.0 out of 5 stars honest opinion, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call (Sports)
Ive bought numerous calls on the market today includeing the power dog. It works well if its within 20 ft. The alpha dog works as well as they adverstise. Ive used it on open rolling country here in montana and it is user friendly and works well out to the ranges ive used it. It starts to crackle when the batteries get low but it lets you know to change batteries. Ive used the alpha dog out to approx 100 yrds and it worked well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Caller!, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call (Sports)
Worked extremely well. Recieved it , unpacked and put batteries in. 1 hour later went hunting. Had first kill in less than an hour.
Sound quality was great even on a windy day and remote worked perfectly with caller 50 yards away. Used the Randy Anderson cotton tail sequence. Big male came staight in to the call.

2.0 out of 5 stars wasnt what i thought it would be, October 15, 2013
This review is from: Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call (Sports)
I bought the primos alpha dog about 3 or 4 weeks ago, took it out the first time worked great called in a coyote. the second time I took it out the speakers sounded like they were blown they crackled and popped when I played any howls or high pithed sounds. I never turned the volume all the way up all I used were the expert hunts which are preset volume so I don't understand why the speakers broke. sent it back gonna buy a fox pro. I did however liked the randy Anderson sounds he did a great job the call on the other hand should have been made in America the quality would have been a lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best I own, July 27, 2013
This review is from: Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call (Sports)
I as an outfitter use these constantly. I own 4 different electronic calls and this is by far the best I have used. Cant begin to tell ya how many times I have had coyotes call back, packs come running in. On 2 occasions I had 2 separate packs came charging in.
Will also be using it for some deer hunting too but mostly I use mine for predator hunting. We tested mine ( remote) and it worked at 275 yards easy. And dint have line of sight.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for day hunts, but..., March 21, 2014
This review is from: Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call (Sports)
The call it'self works great in daylight but the display is too bright for night sets. I popped 2 foxes within 20 minutes of using this call on the very 1st use around 4 pm.

I moved to another set for a dusk/night hunt using an NV rifle scope and it was a total bust. The display on the remote is so bright at the lowest setting that you might as well have a small flashlight in your hand. This may not be an issue if you're hunting from a blind, but sitting in the bush in a different story. I had my hunting partner hold the remote in one hand and cup the display with his other hand and look down at it. I walked away from him to see how far I could get and I was able to see the glow/reflection at 60 yards away. If I can see it that far away just imagine how far away a coyote or fox will be able to see it. In addition, the display being this bright will snuff your natural night vision. One glance at it and it takes 5 minutes for your eyes to readjust to the dark.

I ordered a cell phone dark screen cover here on Amazon (below) in hopes that I can use it to dim the remote display. I'll revise my review to let you it cures the issue. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FSKVIE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 Stars for the call
2 Stars for the remote display.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this call, September 9, 2014
This review is from: Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call (Sports)
I am a skeptical person and always wonder exactly how items work in the real world. I am happy to report that this call works great. I am new to coyote hunting and used the preprogrammed hunts and this call has called in coyotes every time I have used this. Also called in some deer with fawn in distress. The remote control i have used it at about 50 yards worked great can't report on further distances. Battery life is good and the call is loud enough to be heard a long distance. As I said I'm new to coyote hunting and have killed a coyote on every hunt so that has to be contributed to the call. I would recommend this call to anyone

Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call