5.0 out of 5 stars Bloomin' Flower Teapots! What next??
I liked this teapot first for the fact it is clear borosilicate glass - like the beakers in high school chemistry class. It's good for heated and heating liquids.
I liked it because the clear glass allows me to watch these blooming tea flowers. Some of them are quite beautiful.
Published on March 6, 2009 by K. Hitchcock

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed
Published on April 2, 2010 by Bon Vivant (life's too short f...

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, April 2, 2010
BE FOREWARNED: I bought this teapot for my wife as a little surprise gift little over three months ago as we're tea fans. I was impressed by the product descriptions of its 'laboratory-strength' thick glass; I had wanted to purchase a sturdy glass pot. And the fact that this was identified as dishwasher and microwave safe seemed additional testimony to its durability.

Please note: it's never been used in dishwasher OR microwave; it's been treated with great care simply because: that's how we are. And yet, just now: as the pot stood, filled on the counter: a roundish/tear-drop-shaped portion of the pot just popped OUT from the side. Untouched. It simply: broke. All by itself. A portion of the pot blew out, with attendant crack leading up to the top of the pot. And: she had made the tea about 1.5 hours previously; it wasn't even hot. But: of course, she and the counter were suddenly treated to a half-pot of tea.

VERY disappointed as well as extremely puzzled over how something like this could even happen. And it's clear there was no concussion from the outside: both the piece AND the pot show the glass blew OUTWARDS and that portion is fully intact.

1.0 out of 5 stars too thin and extremely fragile, December 6, 2009
Petur O. Jonsson (Fayetteville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
The great thing about a glass teapot is that you can see exactly how the tea is brewing. This means you can use the color to tell you how strong the tea is at a glance. Accordingly, we always have a few glass pots in our house.

Unfortunately, this particular glass tea pot is extremely fragile ... a lot more fragile than other glass pots we have used. The pot looks great, its true, but if you just barely clank the lid against the pot as you take the lid on or off, a piece of glass will simply break off. This has now happened to two of these pots, each after just over a week of use, and we will not be buying any more of them. The problem is that the glass is just too thin. This is great for looks, but it is simply not practical for regular use.

My suggestion, if you like glass teapots, stick with Bodum pots since these pots are a heck of a lot sturdier and will typically last a few years rather than just a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloomin' Flower Teapots! What next??, March 6, 2009
I did NOT buy the teapot for the tea you get when you pour hot water over the flower tea-balls. They are pretty, but by the time they've fully unfurled, the tea part of the concoction is very over-steeped. I much prefer to buy loose leaf tea (peach and jasmine especially - when they're steeped for just a minute or two... the taste is much more subtle).
I love my teapot. It sits next to me on cold days. It doesn't care if it's full of fine white jasmine tea, a nice herbal blend, or Constant Comment decaf. All it knows it that it takes care of my tea until I claim it for my favorite cup, and go back to reading my book. It's a great little pot.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Unsafe Teapot! Could Kill Someone!, October 11, 2012
I had been using flowering teas for quite awhile and decided to try the Primula Classic 40oz. Glass Stovetop Teapot to better enjoy being able to see the flowers opening. Well, within the first 2 weeks I broke the lid by gently setting it on my granite countertop, apparently a little too heavily. Wow, not good. Now a teapot with no lid. Was ready to throw the whole thing away but I paid full price for the set with can of samples of teas and was quite pricey so kept it. Just happened to be lucky and found another one at Marshalls at a very good price. Few weeks later I was using the infuser with loose tea and had been sipping tea out of my teacup and there in the bottom of the cup, after I was through drinking the whole cup of tea, there were pieces of glass!!! On investigation I found that the bottom of the infuser had pieces missing and they were in the bottom of the teapot I had been drinking from! This product is completely unsafe and dangerous. Someone could be killed if they swallowed a piece of glass. I am in the process of finding who I need to report them to and who can get them to take this product off the market. It is just too flimsy. By now Primula certainly knows this is an inferior product. I guess they are going to have to have a huge lawsuit before they take it off the market or make it stronger to where it is safe enough for the use they advertise! Beware. I would not support this company in any way at all, not but ANY products!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of false advertising, June 6, 2009
Primula PTA-3940 Tea Pot with Infuser

The advertising says 40 oz. That is not exactly true. If you take out the infuser and just fill it to the very top with water, no lid, yeah it is 40 oz. But for practical purposes, with tea, infuser (or flower tea)and lid it's 32oz or less. Also the slits in the infuser are so narrow they can be blocked by larger tea leaves. Just not as functional as it seems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Primula Glass Stovetop Tea Pot with Infuser, July 26, 2011
Not impressed with this product. Glass is wayyyyyyyyyy too thin and fragile. I used this 4 times and the infuser broke.

3.0 out of 5 stars Delicate, April 7, 2010
Rio "RioJG" (BOZEMAN, MT, United States) - See all my reviews
I love glass teapots but this one, like every other I've found, is INCREDIBLY delicate. I'm on my second in 2 weeks because, after hand washing (it IS dishwasher safe which is nice but it is also easy to clean with a swish of water), I turned and the pour spout just barely grazed the corner of my microwave and it shattered. My only other irritation with it is that the infuser is basically useless. The tiny slits are at the bottom, which is good, but they are for very fine grain tea and thusly allow nearly no water flow. After a good five minutes of steeping there was only a faint change in the water color outside the infuser; yet another five minutes later it still tasted like water. My recommendation is to get a basic tea strainer to go with this, leave the infuser out and just pour the loose tea through the strainer like with a Brown Betty pot.

1.0 out of 5 stars too fragile, January 11, 2012
cowboy "wskay" (Chandler, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
works great when it works, but glass is way too thin. Wife dropped the infuser inside it from a few inches and both infuser and pot shattered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for what I want - water pitcher with lid!, February 12, 2011
A Sharer (Washington DC area) - See all my reviews
I just love the shape, the lightness, the small spout, and the design.It is great for boiling water in but I use it just as a water pitcher in my bedroom, as it has a lid. I've been buying lightweight glass that is not too heavy for me. (Borosilicate glass would be great for people with injuries or arthritis.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, May 10, 2013
I ordered this teapot because they spoke of it being lad-strength glass. Yeah, how about no. When the package arrived, you could hear the shattered glass tumbling around inside. The box it was shipped in was perfectly intact and was treated with care, so it wasn't the fault of UPS. I returned this and have no intention of investing in another one.

Rate and Discover Movies