5.0 out of 5 stars Title is a little misrepresentative
Assorted Green Tea Flowers should be called Assorted Jasmine Green Tea Flowers. It's the blooms that are assorted not the tea flavor. They are all Jasmine. Having said that, it's a wonderful surprise when you put in the bud and don't know what kind of flower you're going to be getting next!

Usually when I buy Jasmine Tea I get the finest- A small 4 ounce bag...
Published on January 5, 2010 by Laura Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, but the tea taste is too weak
The tea flower looks amazing, so I would give it a 5-star for looking. However, the taste is a disappointment. It is extremely light, and there is hardly any tea flavor.

I know 3-star is probably a little hash, but when paying 75 cents per tea flower/bag, I would expect tea tastes good, in addition to good looking.
Published on December 23, 2009 by Yuut

5.0 out of 5 stars Title is a little misrepresentative, January 5, 2010
This review is from: Primula Gift Set of 12 Assorted Green Tea With Fresh Jasmine Flowers

Usually when I buy Jasmine Tea I get the finest- A small 4 ounce bag that runs me $20 and although this tea isn't as good as what I regularly buy it's still very nice tasting. The best part is that it's practically impossible to overbrew. Jasmine Tea in particular can get really bitter easily if it is overbrewed even a bit and I was afraid I would have to take the flower out after a couple of minutes to stop the brewing process. But NO! The makers thought ahead and made it so that you can leave the flower in and it won't overbrew. The only bad thing about this is that if you like your Jasmine Tea really strong then you won't like the way this works for you. But strong Jasmine Tea is always bitter so you might want to try a lighter brew like this.
Hint: If you never liked the way Jasmine Tea tasted because of it's bitterness here's a trick. Standard instructions for Jasmine include having your water at around 180 degrees and brewing for aprox 2 minutes. Instead of this, try using a lower temperature instead- say 130ish and brew for 7 minutes. What you'll get is a tea with all the Jasmine and none of the bitterness. With these flowers however you don't have to worry about brewing time (unless you like your tea VERY weak) and are free to enjoy the flower until your tea is gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drinking tea is fun!, November 11, 2007
These flowering teas are a wonder to behold and fun to watch. The tea ball, right out of the package, looks like a funny colored nut with the scent of tea and jasemin. Place it in the bottom of a tea cup or tea pot (the best show happens in an all glass one), and add hot, but not boiling water, sit back and watch. It's amazing to see it open up into a beautiful bouquet. The green leaves are the tea (green scented with jasmin) and the flower are one a 12 different selections. As one person said to me, "tea flowers make you sit and relax in a go-go-go world." I would recomend this to anyone who loves tea.

4.0 out of 5 stars Assorted Green Tea Flowers but Same Flavor, May 15, 2008
We got this for my mom and she really likes it. While the tea flowers vary in presentation, they are all "Green Tea with Fresh Jasmine." It would have been nice to mix up the flavor of the tea. I would recommend this more for presentation than flavor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, but the tea taste is too weak, December 23, 2009
Yuut (california) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Primula gift set, April 25, 2008
There was a nice assortment of teas, but when the flowers "bloomed" they looked nothing like they do on the picture. There were no vibrant colors, very drab... dead looking. The tea did have an OK flavor, but not worth the extra $$$ in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful, May 28, 2009
M. Lafferman (Baltimore, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this set of tea for my aunt, for a Hanukkah present. I had already sent her the Numi teapot and tea, so this was to replenish her supply of blooming tea.

This set was more colorful. She shared it with some of her neighbors who come to her house to visit. They were amazed by the flowering aspect.

My aunt loves that I always come up with unique, thoughtful gifts for her. This one as no exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect gift, February 16, 2009
I just love the flowering teas from Primula, they are not only delicious, they are absolutely beautiful. Especially when you use a clear glass cup.
The price can't be beat either. Normally they cost as much as $25 for a can of 12, At under $15, it's the best deal on the net

5.0 out of 5 stars Positively Perfect Primula Flowering Tea, May 23, 2009
Conure1 (Alameda, Ca. USA) - See all my reviews
Have tasted only one out of 12 teas, but it was wonderful--- green tea jsmine lotus blossom. Great flavor, light and delicate but with lots of flavor. The flower that unfolded was beautiful. A definite baragain for the price. Other places were at least double the cost. I highly reccommend Primula flowering tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely way to have tea, January 19, 2014
There is a nice selection of 12 flowering teas and while some aren't quite as brightly colored as shown in the pictures, they are all interesting and lovely. It's definitely a gimmicky thing, at over a dollar per pod they aren't something we would use every day. They will be saved for the times when we're sitting around the table after a meal or maybe they will inspire us to start a new ritual of afternoon tea on weekends. I won't use the pods when just grabbing a cup of tea to curl up with on the sofa with a book. I'll use the tea infused and loose tea or tea bags for that.

The flavor of the flowering tea is surprisingly good. It's green tea with fresh jasmine blossoms. The Jasmine Tea I've had in the past had only a faint jasmine flavor. These taste like a jasmine bloom smells, very fragrant. When I first smelled the tea I was afraid they had added some sort of perfume to the tea, but after tasting it I could tell that isn't the case. It's a clear, clean green tea flavor with just the scent of jasmine. It is probably the blossoms that give the rather strong fragrance. At any rate, it tastes very good. And one flowering pod will make a full pot of tea plus a second pot that is just a little weaker, but still very good.

This set would make a very nice gift when you are looking for something a little bit unique.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy tea, no flowers, October 6, 2010
This product was a huge disappointment. I bought this planning to serve it at a Witches Tea party. It's a good thing I did a "rehearsal brew" first, because this was an absolute dud. The product is packaged attractively, but with no instructions. However, I'd read enough about presentation teas to know the procedure, which I followed carefully. Using my brand new, purchased-just-for-this borosilicate glass teapot, I chose a tea ball and placed it in the empty pot, then gently poured in very hot - but not boiling - water. The tea ball immediately floated and bobbed around as it slowly unfurled into a mass resembling a clump of seaweed. Eventually a whitish mess became visible in the middle, not in any way resembling the gorgeous yellow blossom pictured on the tea packet. Although disappointed, I thought the "flower" looked pretty creepy and just might work, since it was a Witches Tea after all. When the correct steeping time was reached, I poured a small cup of the heavenly fragranced tea to sample it. UGH. So bitter and vile, even witches wouldn't want it! I tried adding some honey, but still couldn't drink it. Really nasty stuff!

I'm going to try another variety, just in case that one ball was defective. If I get better results, I'll post an update. But as of now, Primula Flowering Tea gets two thumbs down from me.

Rate and Discover Movies