5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing to both eye and taste
I purchased this set for my sister who loves tea even more than I do. I loved her set so much I went back and bought one for me! The set includes a lovely borosilicate tea pot which makes it versatile. You can use it in your microwave, but you probably won't. The heating and pouring of the water are essential elements of the ritual of tea making.

When you...
Published on December 11, 2007 by M. Keating

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed
Published on April 2, 2010 by Bon Vivant (life's too short f...

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing to both eye and taste, December 11, 2007

When you pour the hot water over the hand-tied tea balls, you will witness an enchanting display. The tea balls slowly open into delightful flowers. The pot and infuser are perfectly clear to show off your tea and allow you to easily witness the unfolding of your tea flower. I don't bother with the infuser because the tea balls shed very little during the brewing.

Best of all, the tea is delicious. The green tea flavor is robust (through 3 potential infusions) and the jasmine is very subtle. I have since tried other brands but Primula has struck the perfect balance between flavor and beauty. I strongly recommend this set to anyone who loves tea and the soothing ritual of brewing tea.

By the way, you should try not to boil the water you use for infusing green teas. The flavor will be negatively affected by boiling hot water. Try to catch the water just before it boils. Small bubbles will start to rise. That's the perfect time to remove the water from the heat and brew your tea.

Happy sipping!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, April 2, 2010
BE FOREWARNED: I bought this teapot for my wife as a little surprise gift little over three months ago as we're tea fans. I was impressed by the product descriptions of its 'laboratory-strength' thick glass; I had wanted to purchase a sturdy glass pot. And the fact that this was identified as dishwasher and microwave safe seemed additional testimony to its durability.

Please note: it's never been used in dishwasher OR microwave; it's been treated with great care simply because: that's how we are. And yet, just now: as the pot stood, filled on the counter: a roundish/tear-drop-shaped portion of the pot just popped OUT from the side. Untouched. It simply: broke. All by itself. A portion of the pot blew out, with attendant crack leading up to the top of the pot. And: she had made the tea about 1.5 hours previously; it wasn't even hot. But: of course, she and the counter were suddenly treated to a half-pot of tea.

VERY disappointed as well as extremely puzzled over how something like this could even happen. And it's clear there was no concussion from the outside: both the piece AND the pot show the glass blew OUTWARDS and that portion is fully intact.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and Unique Gift for Yourself and Others, May 3, 2008
This is a wonderful, unique gift for anyone who enjoys tea, including yourself.

I initially purchased this set as a Christmas gift for a male attorney I work with who very much a tea person. He absolutely loves the entire concept from the flowering tea balls to the different medicinal benefits of each flower.

The teas are very flavorful, soothing, fun to watch and one tea ball last sometimes a couple days (we get at least three - four good steeps out of one ball, more if the pot gets emptied quickly).

The teas can be purchased at Meijer for $11.99 for the same 12 ball canister that comes with the set (they've been on sale for $9.99). It took us close to three months of brewing this tea almost daily to finish one canister.

Tip: The lid to the pot broke, and while you can purchase the lid from the manufacture, the $4.00 lid plus the $8.00 shipping comes to almost half the cost of an entire set. I took a lid from a large Yankee candle jar, removed the plastic seal (the seal holds the scent of the candle), the lid fits perfectly and works equally as well as the original lid, possibly better as it's heaver. (Any lid from a candle jar about that size will likely work).

The attorney and our entire office have enjoyed this tea and I too am looking forward to trying the teas iced!

Enjoy Ü

1.0 out of 5 stars too thin and extremely fragile, December 6, 2009
Petur O. Jonsson (Fayetteville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
The great thing about a glass teapot is that you can see exactly how the tea is brewing. This means you can use the color to tell you how strong the tea is at a glance. Accordingly, we always have a few glass pots in our house.

Unfortunately, this particular glass tea pot is extremely fragile ... a lot more fragile than other glass pots we have used. The pot looks great, its true, but if you just barely clank the lid against the pot as you take the lid on or off, a piece of glass will simply break off. This has now happened to two of these pots, each after just over a week of use, and we will not be buying any more of them. The problem is that the glass is just too thin. This is great for looks, but it is simply not practical for regular use.

My suggestion, if you like glass teapots, stick with Bodum pots since these pots are a heck of a lot sturdier and will typically last a few years rather than just a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and unbelievable, September 23, 2007
This product is unbelievable. You just drop the ball in the tea pot with boiling water and it will change in front of your eyes into a beautiful flower. It is great and it would be an awesome gift! The tea pot by itself is very nice and it is easy to pour the tea to a cup. It does not leak.

3.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for a tea kettle..., January 16, 2011
Flavio Martinez (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I am an avid tea drinker and often give tea or tea sets as gifts. In the past, I have given away blooming tea sets and they have been very appreciated. This kettle caught my attention because of it's transparency. I like the fact that this kettle can be used on a stove top as opposed to some pots that can only be used for brewing. I also like the fact that this kettle came with an infuser to brew loose leaf tea.

As for the tea that came with this pot. I was disappointed. The blooming tea flowers but it does take a long time and by the time it has bloomed, the tea is lukewarm. The taste of the tea does not compare to the tea bought at boutique stores.

I do like this kettle and would recommend it if you are looking for a KETTLE. I have some reservations about giving this set away as a gift with the tea that is included. I would recommend that if you intend to buy this as a gift to give the kettle but replace the tea. I am going to do just that for a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea lighted, April 19, 2009
I saw this beautiful product on Amazon.com while I was searching for the perfect gift for my daughter's bridal shower. I was looking for a gift that would appeal to both the young and old guests we were hosting at our very special tea party. All of my guests were tea-lighted when they realized that the beautiful centerpieces that I used to decorate the tables were actually their take-away gifts. Not only did we get to enjoy a variety of delicious teas at the party, but I am still hearing raves from all of my friends as to how much they are enjoying the teas in their own homes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Infuser very poorly designed, September 26, 2008
The teapot is sturdier than I expected and has survived a lot of use, but I would never buy it again. Sure, clear glass is a nice medium if you want to use tea flowers like the ones that come in the set, but the glass infuser is a disaster. The tea is supposed to brew through four sets of slits in the bottom, which get clogged easily, are difficult to clean, and don't allow enough water to flow through. The tiny slits make it hard to fill the teapot because the infuser can't drain into the pot fast enough. To fill the teapot with tea in the infuser, I have to pour in water, wait as it slowly drains through into the pot out of the infuser, pour in more water, wait, pour in more water and wait, and then pour in the final bit of water. When I try to pour the tea, the lid and infuser fall out, so I have to hold them on or remove them. Tea leaves get wedged in the slits and have a hard time getting them back out when I wash it.

The one big upside is that it is very lightweight for a teapot this size. Plus, if you generally use tea flowers or bagged tea, this teapot will work just fine for you. It really is dishwasher safe even on the bottom rack. It will also survive rapid temperature changes, like dropping a bunch of ice into hot tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea-lighted, April 20, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloomin' Flower Teapots! What next??, March 6, 2009
I liked this teapot first for the fact it is clear borosilicate glass - like the beakers in high school chemistry class. It's good for heated and heating liquids.
I liked it because the clear glass allows me to watch these blooming tea flowers. Some of them are quite beautiful.
I did NOT buy the teapot for the tea you get when you pour hot water over the flower tea-balls. They are pretty, but by the time they've fully unfurled, the tea part of the concoction is very over-steeped. I much prefer to buy loose leaf tea (peach and jasmine especially - when they're steeped for just a minute or two... the taste is much more subtle).
I love my teapot. It sits next to me on cold days. It doesn't care if it's full of fine white jasmine tea, a nice herbal blend, or Constant Comment decaf. All it knows it that it takes care of my tea until I claim it for my favorite cup, and go back to reading my book. It's a great little pot.