5.0 out of 5 stars Tea lighted
Published on April 19, 2009 by Happy Dayz

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed
Published on April 2, 2010 by Bon Vivant (life's too short f...

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, April 2, 2010
BE FOREWARNED: I bought this teapot for my wife as a little surprise gift little over three months ago as we're tea fans. I was impressed by the product descriptions of its 'laboratory-strength' thick glass; I had wanted to purchase a sturdy glass pot. And the fact that this was identified as dishwasher and microwave safe seemed additional testimony to its durability.

Please note: it's never been used in dishwasher OR microwave; it's been treated with great care simply because: that's how we are. And yet, just now: as the pot stood, filled on the counter: a roundish/tear-drop-shaped portion of the pot just popped OUT from the side. Untouched. It simply: broke. All by itself. A portion of the pot blew out, with attendant crack leading up to the top of the pot. And: she had made the tea about 1.5 hours previously; it wasn't even hot. But: of course, she and the counter were suddenly treated to a half-pot of tea.

VERY disappointed as well as extremely puzzled over how something like this could even happen. And it's clear there was no concussion from the outside: both the piece AND the pot show the glass blew OUTWARDS and that portion is fully intact.

1.0 out of 5 stars too thin and extremely fragile, December 6, 2009
Petur O. Jonsson (Fayetteville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
The great thing about a glass teapot is that you can see exactly how the tea is brewing. This means you can use the color to tell you how strong the tea is at a glance. Accordingly, we always have a few glass pots in our house.

Unfortunately, this particular glass tea pot is extremely fragile ... a lot more fragile than other glass pots we have used. The pot looks great, its true, but if you just barely clank the lid against the pot as you take the lid on or off, a piece of glass will simply break off. This has now happened to two of these pots, each after just over a week of use, and we will not be buying any more of them. The problem is that the glass is just too thin. This is great for looks, but it is simply not practical for regular use.

My suggestion, if you like glass teapots, stick with Bodum pots since these pots are a heck of a lot sturdier and will typically last a few years rather than just a week.

3.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for a tea kettle..., January 16, 2011
Flavio Martinez (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I am an avid tea drinker and often give tea or tea sets as gifts. In the past, I have given away blooming tea sets and they have been very appreciated. This kettle caught my attention because of it's transparency. I like the fact that this kettle can be used on a stove top as opposed to some pots that can only be used for brewing. I also like the fact that this kettle came with an infuser to brew loose leaf tea.

As for the tea that came with this pot. I was disappointed. The blooming tea flowers but it does take a long time and by the time it has bloomed, the tea is lukewarm. The taste of the tea does not compare to the tea bought at boutique stores.

I do like this kettle and would recommend it if you are looking for a KETTLE. I have some reservations about giving this set away as a gift with the tea that is included. I would recommend that if you intend to buy this as a gift to give the kettle but replace the tea. I am going to do just that for a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea lighted, April 19, 2009
I saw this beautiful product on Amazon.com while I was searching for the perfect gift for my daughter's bridal shower. I was looking for a gift that would appeal to both the young and old guests we were hosting at our very special tea party. All of my guests were tea-lighted when they realized that the beautiful centerpieces that I used to decorate the tables were actually their take-away gifts. Not only did we get to enjoy a variety of delicious teas at the party, but I am still hearing raves from all of my friends as to how much they are enjoying the teas in their own homes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Unsafe Teapot! Could Kill Someone!, October 11, 2012
I had been using flowering teas for quite awhile and decided to try the Primula Classic 40oz. Glass Stovetop Teapot to better enjoy being able to see the flowers opening. Well, within the first 2 weeks I broke the lid by gently setting it on my granite countertop, apparently a little too heavily. Wow, not good. Now a teapot with no lid. Was ready to throw the whole thing away but I paid full price for the set with can of samples of teas and was quite pricey so kept it. Just happened to be lucky and found another one at Marshalls at a very good price. Few weeks later I was using the infuser with loose tea and had been sipping tea out of my teacup and there in the bottom of the cup, after I was through drinking the whole cup of tea, there were pieces of glass!!! On investigation I found that the bottom of the infuser had pieces missing and they were in the bottom of the teapot I had been drinking from! This product is completely unsafe and dangerous. Someone could be killed if they swallowed a piece of glass. I am in the process of finding who I need to report them to and who can get them to take this product off the market. It is just too flimsy. By now Primula certainly knows this is an inferior product. I guess they are going to have to have a huge lawsuit before they take it off the market or make it stronger to where it is safe enough for the use they advertise! Beware. I would not support this company in any way at all, not but ANY products!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloomin' Flower Teapots! What next??, March 6, 2009
I liked this teapot first for the fact it is clear borosilicate glass - like the beakers in high school chemistry class. It's good for heated and heating liquids.
I liked it because the clear glass allows me to watch these blooming tea flowers. Some of them are quite beautiful.
I did NOT buy the teapot for the tea you get when you pour hot water over the flower tea-balls. They are pretty, but by the time they've fully unfurled, the tea part of the concoction is very over-steeped. I much prefer to buy loose leaf tea (peach and jasmine especially - when they're steeped for just a minute or two... the taste is much more subtle).
I love my teapot. It sits next to me on cold days. It doesn't care if it's full of fine white jasmine tea, a nice herbal blend, or Constant Comment decaf. All it knows it that it takes care of my tea until I claim it for my favorite cup, and go back to reading my book. It's a great little pot.

3.0 out of 5 stars I can see why it's on sale, August 23, 2009
I bought this because it was on sale and I had just brought a bunch of teas home from China. I wanted to see how they developed in the pot so the "on sale at amazon" offer was very timely. The pot is great but the "flowering" teas that are included are pretty weak. In fact the ad and instructions say you can brew their teas 3x over the course of 24 hours (I'm not sure who does that type of thing or for what reason someone would do that - it's not a part of my tea-brewing experience) but I suspect this statement is made to justify the high cost of the teas Primula is offering. If you are intrigued by pretty flowering displays but don't care a lot about the taste of your teas I'd recommend this tea & pot combination. If you just want a transparent pot I'd recommend this purchase. If you are looking for great tasting teas look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift., August 31, 2009
I was very pleased with the tea set. I bought one for me and 2 to give away. Shipping arrived timely and in great condition. the teas are very good and serving tea in the tea pot is a "conversation piece"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, April 19, 2011
I originally bought this as a unique gift for a friend. After brewing some tea together, I instantly fell in love and asked for one for my birthday. I couldn't be more happy with it! The flowering tea is absolutely gorgeous and also fragrant and delicious. I was very surprised by the quality of the loose teas as well. The black tea in particular is superb. I love that you can make any type of tea in here (loose, flowering, prepackaged, etc.) and that it is safe in the microwave, on the stove, and in the dishwasher. I use mine almost everyday and it's been perfect: easy to clean and very durable for glass. Friends and relatives have had other versions of the flowering teapot by other companies and this is by far the best.

I know naysayers feel like the tea is too light. I do think the flowering teas are a little light (but I like my green tea that way). It's really a matter of brewing your tea right. Make sure the water is boiling as you pour it in. Also, if you want stronger tea, I would suggest using less water and having the patience to let it steep properly. I don't know about the flowering teas, but I have used the loose leaf at night and then again in the morning with no problem, so the tea is reusable, which is nice. If you enjoy tea, it's definitely worth the investment!

3.0 out of 5 stars Delicate, April 7, 2010
Rio "RioJG" (BOZEMAN, MT, United States) - See all my reviews
I love glass teapots but this one, like every other I've found, is INCREDIBLY delicate. I'm on my second in 2 weeks because, after hand washing (it IS dishwasher safe which is nice but it is also easy to clean with a swish of water), I turned and the pour spout just barely grazed the corner of my microwave and it shattered. My only other irritation with it is that the infuser is basically useless. The tiny slits are at the bottom, which is good, but they are for very fine grain tea and thusly allow nearly no water flow. After a good five minutes of steeping there was only a faint change in the water color outside the infuser; yet another five minutes later it still tasted like water. My recommendation is to get a basic tea strainer to go with this, leave the infuser out and just pour the loose tea through the strainer like with a Brown Betty pot.