Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Color: Metallic RedChange

on November 9, 2011
This was my first foray into using a french press, so I don't have much basis for comparison; however, I'm very happy with the purchase. Following basic instructions I found on the internet (which match up nicely with the manufacturer-provided instructions), I was able to make a tasty and very strong pot of coffee. As someone who lives in a small space, I appreciate being able to make coffee at home without a cumbersome coffee machine taking up valuable counter space.

The pot and press both seem sturdy, and both have weathered several washings with no ill effects. The handle seems firmly attached, and the whole thing feels well made. I bought it in red, and it's an attractive object. Some of the red enamel on the lid was chipped when it arrived, but I haven't seen any other blemishes.

I would not recommend this for someone who doesn't like a robust cup of coffee--Coffee made in this french press packs a punch. For me, that's a huge bonus, but I like my coffee strong.
on April 12, 2012
I had been wanting to try French press coffee for quite a while but didn't want to spend a lot on a press for several reasons. First, I wasn't sure I was going to like the taste. Second, all the presses, with the exception of the double-wall glass ones, looked pretty much the same except some had more plastic than others. Without knowing why I would spend $75 vs $20, I decided to opt for the less expensive model until I felt certain spending the extra $ was warranted. Well, not only does this press work really well, it is truly atrractive and a delight to keep on my kitchen counter. Easy to clean, pour, and use. Can't understand why spending big bucks would be worth it when this one is available!!
on April 9, 2012
I bought this exact French press at Macy's and it lasted less than 1 year. I was very disappointed in the quality of this press, even though it was my first experience owning one.

I read the instruction booklet before using it, and it said that it was safe to put into the dishwasher. This proved incorrect because the red coloring is a thin layer of film and it began peeling off after one wash, sticking on other dishes. Not to mention it then looked awful because it had red color peeling off all over.

The press 'plunger' piece also was very cheap and would unscrew easily.

It did, however, "do the job" until recently when I bumped the carafe on the sink while washing and it completely shattered.

I would definitely recommend paying a little more for something that will actually last.
on March 6, 2012
price good , came in 3 days , first time making some coffee it was strong , very tasteful in simple to use i use this one it makes for me 2 big mugs of coffee in stil have a half a cup left, i think i might throw away my drip or put it back lol
on August 21, 2012
As stated, this is a good French press for the money. But there is one caveat. If you put it in the dishwasher the metallic coating will be gone in a few washings. It still looks good, but don't buy it for the color.
on June 13, 2012
This french press gets the job done. It's pretty and easy to clean. However, the first time in the dishwasher, the red paint(?) on the metal surrounding the glass beaker started flaking off. Sad. It's still pretty though, and the top is still red. But if you're looking for a product for it's attractiveness only...this might disappoint. But like I said, it makes a great cup of coffee and I think I'm gonna go make some right now.
on June 29, 2012
This is the 3rd coffee press I have bought.Once you start using a coffee press you can't go back to the coffee makers.I have one of these Primula coffee presses at home and one in our camp trailer.I broke one when a pan fell on it in the sink.It's cheaper to buy a new press than to buy a replacement glass.I really love the color (red) of these coffee presses.
on December 6, 2012
It came quickly and it works great. I bought it as a gift and it was loved by all. I like the fact that it was glass and stainless steel. The best part was the price and the fact that it looks and works great.
on April 15, 2013
I haven't had a chance to use this a whole lot yet, but so far it has performed quite well. Makes a nice cup of coffee, doesn't leave a bunch of coffee grounds in your cup, and it comes in a beautiful metallic red. It's also the perfect size to make 2 standard mugs of coffee, so great if you have a visitor or if you like to fill a double size thermos in the morning for work :-)
The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that the glass seems a little thin, but so far I have just washed it by hand and not had any problems at all. Overall, great product for a great price, and I would definitely recommend.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
Years ago I used to make coffee by pouring hot water into a funnel-top container in which the coffee grounds were in a filter. This then drip-brewed the coffee by gravity. Then I got lazy and switched to an electric drip brewer. After yet another one broke, I decided to try the french press. I really like it because it gives a much better flavored coffee than the electric drip maker and is a one-step water edition method instead of the method years ago which required the filter be filled several times. The only drawback is that the size is a little small, it just doesn't make enough coffee.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse