5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!! Suprisingly Flavorful
Published on June 23, 2011 by Jannelle

Buyer beware!

Published on October 2, 2010 by sailor

1.0 out of 5 stars Expires in 25 days from when I received it!!!! Stale Tea, anyone?, October 2, 2010
This review is from: Primula Flowering Green-Tea 12-Count Variety Pack with Gift Canister (Kitchen)
Buyer beware!

Imagine my utter surprise and dismay when I opened the package of 12 tea flowers, only to find that the expiration date is 10/25/2010!!! I am just wondering how long this tea has been sitting around in their warehouse, and why they think a customer would want to drink STALE tea is beyond me. Sure, seeing a flower opening up in water is a fun experience, but when you can't enjoy the actual flavor of the fresh tea, why bother? Very BAD sales and SHAME ON YOU Primula teas! I will not be looking at this brand again!

Save your money - for a fresh and flavorful tea try Rishi Teas (double lidded for freshness), The Tao of Tea, Boston Tea, or even Twinings (not as high quality but still good), all these I drink and enjoy.

I will try to post a picture (never have before) to show the box (plain brown paper, rectangular, without graphics)it looks nothing like this picture here, and expiration date.

ETA: Just looked at the white sticker on the brown box and it was manufactured 10/25/2007! 3 YEAR OLD TEA that will expire in days. This is totally unexceptionable! Since Amazon doesn't let us return food items, I'm stuck with this. NOT HAPPY! :(

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!! Suprisingly Flavorful, June 23, 2011
I absolutely love this tea. It is very flavorful, delivered quickly, and it doesnt expire for 18 months. That is more than enough time for me to consume my tea. One little bulb makes an entire pot of tea. You just have to be patient and let the tea brew. The longer it sits the stronger it gets. From my experience, it makes between 4-6 cups depending on how strong you like your tea. I like mine on the stronger side but I can still get about 5 cups out of each bulb.

My kids LOVE watching the bulbs bloom into beautiful blossoms and its a great way to delight/impress your guests.

I was really worried after I ordered this tea because I ordered THEN I read the reviews. I am so glad that I ordered this tea and I will definately order again. I am very particular about my tea and this is definately a good one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tasteless tea, December 7, 2012
I have to admit--I bought these teas to watch the buds bloom. Sadly, after trying two different kinds (apple cinnamon and jasmine), I found out that the teas do not taste like anything. It's no different from drinking plain hot water. I've bought regular grocery store teas that are more flavorful. The blooms are pretty, but ultimately, if you are buying this for the tea experience, try another brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars short on tea, August 9, 2012
there were only 9 items in each container (I bought two of them) instead of 12. Since the containers were full, I have to conclude that they have been shorting everyone. Frustrating, especially since I bought them for a party favor and needed all 24!

1.0 out of 5 stars D -, February 13, 2012
There is no flavor. It is not like on the pictures. I cannot recommend it. I gave the item grade D- and not more. You shouldn't buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this!, January 27, 2011
I received this tea set as a Christmas gift and loved it so much I ordered one for my girlfriend's birthday gift. Not only is it fun to watch the beautiful flowers unfold, the tea is heavenly. The fragrances remind me of my home, Maui. I've since purchased 'tea flowers' from other vendors and have not been nearly as satisfied as I am with these teas.

3.0 out of 5 stars Teas, January 8, 2013
The blossoming tea is fascinating to watch and see the end result. I am disappointed in the flavor. Won't buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars tea, January 12, 2013
bought two sets of these for gifts for my daughters, they really enjoyed them and i will purchase more for them

5.0 out of 5 stars tea pot and tea, December 29, 2012
excellent buy, pretty and tasty, we enjoyed this immediately. excellent hostess gift or for yourself. I will be buying more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice gift., December 29, 2012
Bought these for my mom as a gift. Made a nice gift and she gets them out any time she has company. She has told me they have a nice flavor and are very pretty in the pot.

Rate and Discover Movies