Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Style Name: Variety Teas|Change

on January 5, 2010
Assorted Green Tea Flowers should be called Assorted Jasmine Green Tea Flowers. It's the blooms that are assorted not the tea flavor. They are all Jasmine. Having said that, it's a wonderful surprise when you put in the bud and don't know what kind of flower you're going to be getting next!

Usually when I buy Jasmine Tea I get the finest- A small 4 ounce bag that runs me $20 and although this tea isn't as good as what I regularly buy it's still very nice tasting. The best part is that it's practically impossible to overbrew. Jasmine Tea in particular can get really bitter easily if it is overbrewed even a bit and I was afraid I would have to take the flower out after a couple of minutes to stop the brewing process. But NO! The makers thought ahead and made it so that you can leave the flower in and it won't overbrew. The only bad thing about this is that if you like your Jasmine Tea really strong then you won't like the way this works for you. But strong Jasmine Tea is always bitter so you might want to try a lighter brew like this.
Hint: If you never liked the way Jasmine Tea tasted because of it's bitterness here's a trick. Standard instructions for Jasmine include having your water at around 180 degrees and brewing for aprox 2 minutes. Instead of this, try using a lower temperature instead- say 130ish and brew for 7 minutes. What you'll get is a tea with all the Jasmine and none of the bitterness. With these flowers however you don't have to worry about brewing time (unless you like your tea VERY weak) and are free to enjoy the flower until your tea is gone.
on October 2, 2010
Buyer beware!

Imagine my utter surprise and dismay when I opened the package of 12 tea flowers, only to find that the expiration date is 10/25/2010!!! I am just wondering how long this tea has been sitting around in their warehouse, and why they think a customer would want to drink STALE tea is beyond me. Sure, seeing a flower opening up in water is a fun experience, but when you can't enjoy the actual flavor of the fresh tea, why bother? Very BAD sales and SHAME ON YOU Primula teas! I will not be looking at this brand again!

Save your money - for a fresh and flavorful tea try Rishi Teas (double lidded for freshness), The Tao of Tea, Boston Tea, or even Twinings (not as high quality but still good), all these I drink and enjoy.

I will try to post a picture (never have before) to show the box (plain brown paper, rectangular, without graphics)it looks nothing like this picture here, and expiration date.

ETA: Just looked at the white sticker on the brown box and it was manufactured 10/25/2007! 3 YEAR OLD TEA that will expire in days. This is totally unexceptionable! Since Amazon doesn't let us return food items, I'm stuck with this. NOT HAPPY! :(
66 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2007
These flowering teas are a wonder to behold and fun to watch. The tea ball, right out of the package, looks like a funny colored nut with the scent of tea and jasemin. Place it in the bottom of a tea cup or tea pot (the best show happens in an all glass one), and add hot, but not boiling water, sit back and watch. It's amazing to see it open up into a beautiful bouquet. The green leaves are the tea (green scented with jasmin) and the flower are one a 12 different selections. As one person said to me, "tea flowers make you sit and relax in a go-go-go world." I would recomend this to anyone who loves tea.
on June 23, 2011
I absolutely love this tea. It is very flavorful, delivered quickly, and it doesnt expire for 18 months. That is more than enough time for me to consume my tea. One little bulb makes an entire pot of tea. You just have to be patient and let the tea brew. The longer it sits the stronger it gets. From my experience, it makes between 4-6 cups depending on how strong you like your tea. I like mine on the stronger side but I can still get about 5 cups out of each bulb.

My kids LOVE watching the bulbs bloom into beautiful blossoms and its a great way to delight/impress your guests.

I was really worried after I ordered this tea because I ordered THEN I read the reviews. I am so glad that I ordered this tea and I will definately order again. I am very particular about my tea and this is definately a good one.
on February 25, 2015
 Great presentation, lovely aroma, and good, strong taste. Just the way I like it. I want to record a video of it every time I brew a new pot. Sometimes loose tea leaves or pollen would float up from the flowers and make it's way into your teacup. I don't mind it so much but a strainer or a mesh wouldn't be a bad idea. :)
on August 9, 2012
there were only 9 items in each container (I bought two of them) instead of 12. Since the containers were full, I have to conclude that they have been shorting everyone. Frustrating, especially since I bought them for a party favor and needed all 24!
on May 15, 2008
We got this for my mom and she really likes it. While the tea flowers vary in presentation, they are all "Green Tea with Fresh Jasmine." It would have been nice to mix up the flavor of the tea. I would recommend this more for presentation than flavor.
on April 6, 2012
What a beautiful tea flower! I was very pleased with the tea both in eye appeal and flavor. I purchased more for my mother-in-law's birthday along with a clear tea pot for her.
review image review image review image
on December 7, 2012
I have to admit--I bought these teas to watch the buds bloom. Sadly, after trying two different kinds (apple cinnamon and jasmine), I found out that the teas do not taste like anything. It's no different from drinking plain hot water. I've bought regular grocery store teas that are more flavorful. The blooms are pretty, but ultimately, if you are buying this for the tea experience, try another brand.
on February 13, 2012
There is no flavor. It is not like on the pictures. I cannot recommend it. I gave the item grade D- and not more. You shouldn't buy it.