Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on October 2, 2010
Buyer beware!

Imagine my utter surprise and dismay when I opened the package of 12 tea flowers, only to find that the expiration date is 10/25/2010!!! I am just wondering how long this tea has been sitting around in their warehouse, and why they think a customer would want to drink STALE tea is beyond me. Sure, seeing a flower opening up in water is a fun experience, but when you can't enjoy the actual flavor of the fresh tea, why bother? Very BAD sales and SHAME ON YOU Primula teas! I will not be looking at this brand again!

Save your money - for a fresh and flavorful tea try Rishi Teas (double lidded for freshness), The Tao of Tea, Boston Tea, or even Twinings (not as high quality but still good), all these I drink and enjoy.

I will try to post a picture (never have before) to show the box (plain brown paper, rectangular, without graphics)it looks nothing like this picture here, and expiration date.

ETA: Just looked at the white sticker on the brown box and it was manufactured 10/25/2007! 3 YEAR OLD TEA that will expire in days. This is totally unexceptionable! Since Amazon doesn't let us return food items, I'm stuck with this. NOT HAPPY! :(
66 comments96 of 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2011
I absolutely love this tea. It is very flavorful, delivered quickly, and it doesnt expire for 18 months. That is more than enough time for me to consume my tea. One little bulb makes an entire pot of tea. You just have to be patient and let the tea brew. The longer it sits the stronger it gets. From my experience, it makes between 4-6 cups depending on how strong you like your tea. I like mine on the stronger side but I can still get about 5 cups out of each bulb.

My kids LOVE watching the bulbs bloom into beautiful blossoms and its a great way to delight/impress your guests.

I was really worried after I ordered this tea because I ordered THEN I read the reviews. I am so glad that I ordered this tea and I will definately order again. I am very particular about my tea and this is definately a good one.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2012
there were only 9 items in each container (I bought two of them) instead of 12. Since the containers were full, I have to conclude that they have been shorting everyone. Frustrating, especially since I bought them for a party favor and needed all 24!
on February 25, 2015
 Great presentation, lovely aroma, and good, strong taste. Just the way I like it. I want to record a video of it every time I brew a new pot. Sometimes loose tea leaves or pollen would float up from the flowers and make it's way into your teacup. I don't mind it so much but a strainer or a mesh wouldn't be a bad idea. :)
11 comment19 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
I have to admit--I bought these teas to watch the buds bloom. Sadly, after trying two different kinds (apple cinnamon and jasmine), I found out that the teas do not taste like anything. It's no different from drinking plain hot water. I've bought regular grocery store teas that are more flavorful. The blooms are pretty, but ultimately, if you are buying this for the tea experience, try another brand.
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2012
What a beautiful tea flower! I was very pleased with the tea both in eye appeal and flavor. I purchased more for my mother-in-law's birthday along with a clear tea pot for her.
review image review image review image
on February 13, 2012
There is no flavor. It is not like on the pictures. I cannot recommend it. I gave the item grade D- and not more. You shouldn't buy it.
11 comment18 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2011
I received this tea set as a Christmas gift and loved it so much I ordered one for my girlfriend's birthday gift. Not only is it fun to watch the beautiful flowers unfold, the tea is heavenly. The fragrances remind me of my home, Maui. I've since purchased 'tea flowers' from other vendors and have not been nearly as satisfied as I am with these teas.
on January 8, 2013
The blossoming tea is fascinating to watch and see the end result. I am disappointed in the flavor. Won't buy again.
on January 3, 2014
got this as a bday gift for my mom and she loved it!! she said along with the flower being very pretty she thought the tea tasted really good. def would buy again
review image review image review image review image review image review image