Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Color: Black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 16, 2012
I've been using this coffee press for about four months now and haven't had any problems. It hasn't shattered, melted or exploded, and the screen is sufficient for keeping the grounds out of the liquid once it's been pressed down. I like the X-shape of plastic around the glass carafe because it makes me feel a little more secure when I'm carrying it. It isn't fancy but it does the trick just fine.
VINE VOICEon November 26, 2012
Color: Black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I originally ordered this for use with loose tea and herbs because I do not like messing with tea balls or filling tea bags. I thought it might just be easier to mix a blend directly into this pot and use the press feature that way. And it did work perfectly for that. I have so far tried it on an orange blossom/ whole leaf white tea blend and a much smaller cut chamomile herb tea... they both turned out beautifully. No floaters or bits to pick out and cleaning up from this was so much easier than a tea ball. I used the enclosed scoop for my tea and it worked out fairly well. Plus I loved watching the tea infuse to the perfect color in the clear glass beaker.
The box claims this is a 6-cup pot, but the side of the box defines a "cup" as 4oz, so in reality they expect you to make do with 24oz of liquid, even though the carafe actually holds several ounces more than that.

Everything comes apart for cleaning. The beaker slides out from the handle, but it is not necessary to remove it for cleaning. I have washed this several times in the dishwasher and it has been fine. The press also screws apart into 6 pieces for cleaning but I think that would not need to happen very often. See my photos.

** HERBALISTS.... After I got to looking more closely at this product I decided to see if I could modify it a bit to decant some echinacea tincture I made. I am always looking for a way to avoid the messy cheesecloth squeeze and I think this coffee press has done the trick for me.

Here is how I did it.... I dumped my jar of tincture mix... herbs and all (1 pint, 50% alc, aged 6 weeks) into the glass beaker. Then I unscrewed the parts of press and placed the lid off to one side. I put the press back together exactly as it was *except for the lid*... I did this so that the plunger could go ALL the way down to the bottom of the beaker instead of stopping just shy of the bottom. I then started pressing the echinacea and pouring the resulting liquid a clean jar. I think I got as much liquid out of the herbs using this technique as I usually do just using my hands and cloth.
Then I emptied the used herbs out of the beaker bottom, poured the strained liquid back into the empty beaker, swirled it around, put the press plunger back in and re-strained the tincture again.... just to make sure all the tiny herb bits were out. I poured the resulting liquid into amber dropper bottles, labeled and stored. Washed the whole thing out, then reassembled the press as it was before. It was the perfect size for this job and absolutely NO mess... I'm happy.
review image review image review image
on July 16, 2015
I never thought I would stop going to starbucks... But this my friends, this device is real. It pumps so well, the up and down motion feels just like stepping on a honda civic's gas pedal. But the crazy part, it only needs 1 pump... BOOM! Coffee. So bye bye starbucks! Don't need any more of your coffee as this 1 pump device makes the world change.

Update: it's been two months now and the press has broken. It no longer stayed connected to the round press and broke without even fully pressing it. So now my return window is over and this crap is going into the garbage. Do not buy this product. Obviously it doesn't last long. Unless you're willing to buy one every two months. Do not buy.
review image
on December 18, 2015
Seems very sturdy. I haven't used it yet as its a gift. Came in one piece already assembled and in tact. Great instructions come with it. Easy to use. Update: This seems to be a great option for households with two people. It is very durable and makes enough coffee for 2. Its easy to clean and easy to use.
on February 6, 2013
Took very good care of the product. Hand washed, never machine washed. Somehow a small piece of glass dislodged from the bottom. There was no impact, no cracks or anything. Just a tiny hole in the bottom that prevents me from using this french press any longer.

Warranty ran out yesterday...lol. C'est La Vie...
on February 21, 2015
What a great Primula Tempo Coffee Press 6 Cup!! I'm very excited to try this out. I'm avant coffee and tea drinker. So this is right down my alley! It worked perfectly! Im excited to say that its not your typical cheap press. Its very well made!!!

Built to last
Primula tempo 6 cup coffee press brews delicious coffee
Stainless steel filter and parts
Large, ergonomic handle makes pouring easy
Borosilicate glass beaker is dishwasher safe
Elegant black plastic frame and lid Sturdy handle for pouring your Coffee or Tea

I received this item for the purpose of inspection and unbiased review.
on May 7, 2012
After about a month's worth of use, I discovered that the red plastic used to make the lid of this coffee press comes of with a mere wiping of a paper towel!!! This means the plastic can get into the coffee you're drinking. This is absolutely not acceptable for a food-contact item. The company that makes this item should recall it, or the FDA should should investigate this company's material safety guidelines.
on September 14, 2013
It's a coffee press. It's actually a pretty decent coffee press. For the price, it's a great coffee press. I like the handsome deep red color and "X" design, the oversized handle and press knob, and the all stainless steel filter parts (which is where many cheaper presses cut costs). Just for the sake of balance, I'll say that the lid is really loose and tends to turn the wrong way on you. So, put a finger on it when you pour and quit whining is my solution. It might also be nice to have some plastic between your knuckles and the glass - boiling water inside making it hot and all that - but unless you're a 60-year old stone mason with big, fat arthritic knuckles, the oversized handle keeps you in the clear. Just watch how you grab it and no worries. Otherwise, it filters very well, pours fine, hasn't discolored or poisoned me (to my knowledge) yet, and looks good. It's not a Bodum, but paying 3x as much for a brand name just isn't my style.

Oh, and one last comment. For those new to coffee presses, don't forget to give your brew a stir before putting the filter in and pressing. It makes the pressing smoother. My old high school physics teacher probably would have come up with a good explanation as to why this makes a difference, but whatever, it works.
on January 6, 2014
I looked at tons of french press options all over the internet. This was very affordable, and had really good reviews. Don't believe any of the coffee makers when they tell you the number of cups they make. Those are either 4 or 6-ounce cups, and you and I never use a cup that small. This thing makes 2 mugs of coffee. Well, maybe an extra fourth of a cup…for topping off. But it's really good coffee. I don't see a reason to pay more for a french press unless you want to impress your friends with an expensive model. No problems with the grounds coming through the filter. Easy to wash…pull out the pump, rinse the fllter under the faucet, rinse the pot, tip it up to drain. Bingo.
on December 12, 2014
I like it. The price is right and it has a quality heft to it. Sooner or later, I break the glass on containers like this. I go through about 1 a year, and I use it 2-3 times a day. Note...this one doesn't not have a comb-like filter on the front...so you could be getting more grounds than you are used to in your coffee.