Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Labor Day Savings with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

Primula Today Shake and Infuse Pitcher, 3-Quart, Red
Package Quantity: 1Color: RedChange
Price:$12.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Package Quantity: 1Color: RedVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
IMPORTANT: The instructions on how to use and get into this pitcher are INSIDE the infuser core, which at first appears to be hopelessly stuck inside the lid of the pitcher and defective. It's not. It's just that the twisting you do to loosen the infuser (which most people will instinctively try to do) has nothing whatsoever to do with removing it; it only allows you to seal off whatever solids you have inside so it doesn't leak out into the surrounding liquid when the pitcher is shaken. So when you get this pitcher, you may not be able to figure out how it works. Like me, you may think you need to apply more pressure to unscrew the infuser from the lid, and this could break it. I had to read a lot of reviews before understanding that you press the not-very-obvious button on the handle to open up the lid that reveals the infuser cylinder through the top. Then you just grab the infuser by its nifty little handle and pull it out.

All that said, I really LOVE this pitcher! It holds a lot of liquid (three quarts), and it really does fit in my refrigerator door, on the bottom shelf, which has more headspace in my fridge than the higher (unadjustable) shelves do. And it really doesn't leak. You are cautioned not to try to shake the pitcher by holding just the handle; you put one hand on the bottom of the pitcher and one on the top red handle and shake, shake, shake. I couldn't believe it didn't leak when I did this! It's not totally clear what constitutes open and closed on the pitcher, or at least my old eyes couldn't see it very well. But you figure it out.

The first thing I did with my pitcher when it came was use it to finally make a can of frozen orange juice I've had in the freezer with nothing big enough to make it in. I just slid the starting-to-soften frozen OJ into the pitcher down through the infuser part, added water, and shook it until it was mixed. The infuser helped break it up and mix it. I have yet to try herbal infused water, but there are some recipes included (on the paper inside the infuser), some using cucumber and herbs, that I want to try. (There's even an alcoholic beverage recipe.) I also make water kefir by the half gallon, and I'm thinking this BPA-free pitcher may be good for refrigerating the finished batches and infusing them with all kinds of good-for-me things. You're not supposed to pour boiling water into it, so it's not going to be good for making ice tea, but once the tea cools it'll be great for tea. I haven't seen them yet on Amazon, but the instructions in the pitcher say this pitcher is compatible with all of their pitcher inserts, one of which is an ice core insert.

Although all pieces of this pitcher are top-rack dishwasher safe, they recommend handwashing the pitcher itself. I expect this is because the pitcher is too tall to fit upside down on the top rack of most dishwashers, and to wash it lying sideways might not get it as clean as handwashing would. You'd have to wash it by hand to get any dishwasher detergent residue or food particles out of it anyway, so why not just go on and handwash it?

Anyway, I like it. I will use it every day. I may have to get another one, too.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a good-sized, 3-Quart pitcher, with screw-on top. You unscrew the top a couple turns to allow it to pour. Up until now, the way I flavored my teas and water was just to drop lemons, limes, strawberries directly into the pitcher and let the lid's strainer do its job. This idea of putting the flavorings in a central strainer is another way to do it. I have a spearmint patch and I think filling the central infuser with the mint and pouring in the tea (or liquor, I suppose) would be a neater way of infusing that flavor. Berries would be another good idea as well, and I am reading about infusing rosemary and other herbs, which sounds interesting enough to try with this.

One thing that bothered me though -- there are no visible instructions (they are stuffed inside the strainer) and I could not figure out how to get that strainer out! I twisted it and pulled it from the lid and it would not come off. Well, come to find out there's a latch on the handle of the lid, and the center part of the lid flips up and you pull the strainer out through the top. Of course, the instructions inside the strainer tell you to do this. D'oh! :-)
VINE VOICEon May 29, 2014
In recent years we’ve noticed resorts we have stayed at have been serving vegetable or fruit-flavored water in containers of water using actual fruit or veggies.

In Scottsdale, Arizona, cucumber water was served because it was supposed to help you with the extreme heat and be good for digestion. In Steamboat Springs, Colorado, the clubhouse made available water with whole strawberries and lemons – very tasty and refreshing.

And so we decided to try naturally flavored water at home with an infusion picture. We chose the three-quart red Primula Today Shake and Infuse Pitcher made by Epoca, Inc. The infuser container in the center of the pitcher can be filled with fresh fruits, some vegetables, herbs or spices, or drink mixes. Then place in refrigerator and enjoy a tasty, healthy drink of water when desired. It is dishwasher safe, easy to clean, and fits in most refrigerator doors. The slats in the flavor are narrow enough to let the flavors pass into the water but keeps fruit chunks inside the infuser core.

Among the flavored water options you can make are strawberry, mint and lemon; apple, cinnamon water; mango ginger, strawberry lime, peach mint, and ginger orange infused water. All these are good choices for those wanting to lose weight. I am very pleased with this product and am looking flavored to a variety of healthy, tasty drinks this summer
on May 5, 2015
I haven't had long enough to do a thorough evaluation but wanted to pass the word on the positive labeling on pitcher top which solves previous complaints. I only withheld a star because of the short time I have it.

First and foremost is there is a tag on top of the pitcher that lets you know to press lever & flip up top to remove infuser. From reviews I noted this caused a lot of problems in the past since many did not see the lever. Now you can miss it. But , yes, instructions are still in the infuser tube inside. Once you pop the top, you just need to twist the infuser cylinder 1/4-1/2 turn and it lifts out easily by it's handle. Just reverse turn to the right to install it.
It seals very well and doesn't leak ( have only had for a short time). To pour from it , remember to only twist the top up half way/ one full turn otherwise the top will come off followed by most of the contents of the pitcher.

It is a tall pitcher at about 11 1/2 in. The bottom is 4 1/2 in across & the top is wider which has a large lip for pouring. It's BPA free. It has markings on the outside for 32 oz and 64 oz. It feels well made, sturdy and decent looking for a large pitcher.

One minor thing. I ordered the yellow and as you will see in the pictures, it photographs yellow. But, in person, it is an attractive translucent orange...almost the exact color of the tropicana OJ I have but not as opaque.

I don't think you can go wrong for the size, quality and price.
review image review image review image
on July 20, 2015
Upon receiving this product, I was thrilled to begin infusing delicious juices that would surely change the state of my health and body image forever. I opened it and observed the pieces, and decided that it would be wise to wash before use - because I have an elevated level of common sense like that. I washed the infuser and the lid, then tackled the pitcher itself.

On the outside of the pitcher resided a giant sticker, touting of all the great benefits of the miraculous pitcher underneath. The sticker was not the nice, thoughtful, peel-and-lift variety that would allow me to enjoy the beauty of my new pitcher - it was the type with three layers - two paper layers and one gummy, dirt-attracting, disgusting layer. This cannot be.

I first tried peeling it away. Then washing it away with dish soap. Then scrubbing it away with a sturdy scrub brush and dish soap. This only managed to reveal the nastiest under layer of the sticker and promise a dirty pitcher for the rest of my existence.

And no one wants to drink beautiful infused water out of a dirty sticky pitcher.

I went upstairs and found rubbing alcohol. I scrubbed with a paper towel. Then a linen dish cloth. Then again with the scrub brush. Meanwhile, the fruit laid out for infusing rotted, my children screamed of hunger, and day turned to night turned to day turned to night.

Months went by and I kept scrubbing. "Surely by my 34th birthday", I thought, "Surely then I'll be strong enough to separate this pitcher from its sticky hell."

But no.

Months turned to years and years turned to decades. The skin wore from my bones, my children grew into adults and left me, shaking their heads at the mother that abandoned them to faithfully scrub her new pitcher, and the glossy clear plastic of my pitcher turned yellow with age.

Finally, on my deathbed (or death sink, since I never left it), I managed to finally smear that last bit of gummy devil off of my pitcher.

Unfortunately, fruit had quit springing from the earth long ago and there was nothing left to infuse. But at least I had a gum-free pitcher.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 8, 2015
I'm enjoying it! I was having trouble at first in how to take out the tube to put the fruit in so I logged back into Amazon to read the questions, answers and reviews then realized how to open it. It turned red with the strawberries and blueberries, a lil sour, my son didn't like it since he's use to koolaid type of flavor and this one is not nearly close but wish he would drink this healthier fruity water instead. Today I put cucumber, strawberries and kiwi. It's pretty good even though it has no sweetness at all but just the thought of it being healthy makes me want to drink it, especially right after a workout.
review image
on February 1, 2015
Reviewing the Primula Today Shake and Infuse Pitcher
Duration of ownership - 1 Month
TLDR: The sealing lid and easy pop out infuser work great.

I drink a lot of water, a LOT of water... My girlfriend sometimes asks me if I'm a fish and I make funny fish faces at her. In any case while water is great, I often want something with a little more flavor. In the past those have been unhealthy drinks such as soda or sugary lemonade. I decided to buy an infuser pitcher to break that routine and purchased several different types to see which I preferred. This one is my favorite!

The great part about this pitcher is how the lid seals tightly allowing me to vigorously shake the pitcher prior to putting it in the refrigerator, which it's slim form makes easy to do! This speeds up the infusing process so I can enjoy the flavorful water that much sooner. I've tried many fresh fruits and berries so far including Apples, Strawberries, Oranges, Kiwis, Apricots, Pears, Mangoes, and Peaches. My favorite so far being a mix of Apples and Strawberries.

Tips:
1) Make sure you cut the fruit up into small pieces!
2) Change the infuser of choice out about once a week depending on usage. (If you're not sure feel free to pop out a bit of fruit and taste it, if it's bland and tasteless then that's how your water will taste!)
3) If you drink a lot like me, get more than one pitcher as it takes a while for the water to reach a really tasty level
4) Oranges are weird, I haven't found the right way to do them yet but I hear you have to get rid of all the pith (white part).
5) You can make the same mix several times and it won't always taste quite the same, just like eating 2 apples each may taste different.
6) DON'T OVER FILL! Screwing the lid on if you've overfilled the pitcher can cause a bit of a surprise! In fact you might want to screw the lid on and fill it through the infusing hatch (that's what I do).
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This was my first experience with an infuser pitcher. I've been trying to cut the soda habit recently and have been drinking more water and lemonade, so this is the perfect item to give the water more flavor (and probably get more Vitamin C into me, too). I like this pitcher because it is large enough (3qt) to hold enough liquid to make it worthwhile using, yet it will fit on my refrigerator door. I like the fact that it is dishwasher safe and BPA-free - and that the manufacturer put that info right on the label (a previous product I reviewed from Amazon didn't even have the country of manufacture listed on the product).

I didn't have much of a problem figuring out how to open it, because I saw that button on the handle that opens up the center section, but I would suggest to the manufacturer that perhaps a secondary label on the device showing precisely how to open it would be helpful (having the instructions inside were somewhat redundant). The lid twist-seals nice and tight. It comes with an insert that contains a few recipes to get the user started. The infuser takes up the full length of the pitcher, so you can put in as little or as much fruit as you like. You can also remove the infuser and just use it as a regular pitcher. The plastic seems sturdy and well-designed, and it didn't have any odd plastic smell.

I like this product and I think that I'll be getting a lot of use out of it.
on February 21, 2015
This pitcher was everything I needed to start increasing my daily intake of water.
Pitcher is sturdy and robust and all components are easily hand washable and dishwasher safe.
Trap for your infusion product is long enough for anything you may wish to fill it with, just be sure to shake the pitcher just a little
before you pour, so you get the full effect of yum!

I bought this product along with the book 'Fruit Infused Water: 80 Vitamin Water Recipes for Weight Loss, Health and Detox Cleanse'
by Patrick Smith and since I've started drinking more water and taking in less sugary drinks, it really has made a significant difference
in my general feeling of well being.

Funny how the most simple and OBVIOUS things can sometimes be the eye opener to get you back into better health choices.
Try it out, there's nothing to lose (well, maybe a few pounds) after all, it's only water! :>)
on July 1, 2014
I just LOVE this! It gave me a new relationship with water!! I put strawberries and mint or lemon cucumber mint in it and its so tasted and refreshing! I don't normally give reviews on things but this is worth every penny. Much cheaper than it was at bed bath and beyond too! Getting one of these for my friends bdays!