5.0 out of 5 stars Great table
I received this table last night and assembled it, with the help of my sons, in about 10 minutes. (Assembly consisted of bolting on the 4 wheel assemblies). Within 15 minutes, my sons were playing each other.

Published on December 6, 2009 by T. Grandon Gill

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated
Published 24 months ago by D. Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great table, December 6, 2009
This review is from: Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table (Sports)

The other review I saw on this site commented about the weight, and they are quite correct. The box is very heavy (around 250 pounds) and really requires two or more people to open it and and put it together. Once that is done, however, things get much easier. The table consists of two separate pieces, each of which has its own set of wheels. You can lift up on the side with the fixed legs and move each side like a wheelbarrow. The makes the table much less cumbersome to move around. The pieces line up nicely when put together, and the net that comes with the table clamps on to both sides, which may keep them from sliding apart (the clamp is spring loaded so it doesn't create a solid attachment). So far, we haven't seen any problem with the two halves shifting.

I was very impressed with the construction of the table. The legs and braces are all quite thick (steel, I imagine) and the wheel assemblies are so solid that I cannot imagine that they will ever become deformed, regardless of what weight is put on the table. Each table surface is braced with crossed steel bars underneath. My guess is that these serve to reduce the tendendency to warp on a table placed outside.

We are located in Florida, and our table is on our covered patio (lanai). I choose an outdoor table because I feared what the humidity would do to any wood product that was not intended for outdoor use, even though the roof should prevent rain from falling on it directly.

On another site (Walmart.com) they sell the same model and one of the customers commented that the table was not perfectly level. It seems perfectly level to me (and the fixed legs look as if they can be adjusted with screws on the bottom, though I haven't tried). Being only "recreational" players, my family has not encountered any issues. In fairness, any variation from true level would probably have to be pretty bad before we would notice.

When we bought the table, it was eligible for SuperSaver shipping. When we tried to order it online, however, that option was not available (and we're talking costs in the $150-$175 range). To get this addressed, we needed to call Amazon customer service. (Hint: to find the number, which is better hidden than most state secrets, your best bet is probably to Google it). Once we reached them, however, they were very helpful and credited the shipping back to us. The result was that the final total price we paid (just under $600) was well below what we would have paid at Walmart AND the product was delivered to our door.

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated, July 20, 2012
This review is from: Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table (Sports)
We bought this table through Amazon (Fog Dog Sports) in mid June. It was easy to assemble, and the family loved it - it plays great. Contrary to what others have said, even though it is heavy, it was fairly easy to move around once it was together. After the first rain, however, we noticed about a 4" crack in the paint, with bubbles forming around it. I contacted the manufacturer, who said it would have to be returned to Fog Dog Sports. On July 2, I initiated the return process. I was told to repackage the table as it was delivered (not an easy task, since it was in a heavy cardboard box and strapped to a pallet - Fog Dog suggested we go to an Appliance Store for the supplies to do this). We were to be contacted by a carrier in 7-10 workdays, but possibly sooner, so we were instructed to have it packed back up in 3 days. We scrambled to get it done - keep in mind the table is VERY heavy and we lack the expertise needed to do this easily (it took us half a day). We covered it with a tarp in our driveway, awaiting the pickup. After 9 workdays, I contacted Fog Dog, concerned that I hadn't heard from a carrier yet. I was told I would definitely hear from them the following week, that it could take 10 business days. On July 19, I contacted Fog Dog again. This time I was advised, sorry, it could take up to 30 days now, according to the carrier. Really?! So we paid $700+ for a ping pong table in early June (for Father's Day), used it one week, it's defective, and now we won't get a refund/replacement until probably the end of the Summer (or maybe even early Fall at this rate). Lesson learned - don't buy oversized items via the internet!! I will update my review with any progress.

7/26 - Table picked up by carrier for return, 24 days after requested. Was told it will take up to 30 days to process refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, very durable., July 27, 2011
Happily homeless (Chicago Suburbs, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table (Sports)
If you are looking for an inexpensive, highly durable table to play outdoors or in the garage this is what you want.

The other reviews covered the two piece part of it. One advantage of this is both sides can be folded up and stored tightly against a garage wall.

If you have young boys and want a table that they cannot destroy, this is the unit you are looking for. The legs are solid, very solid steel. The wieght of the unit (compared to other tables) is substantial. This table is easily stored but I would not consider it portable.

The assembly is very, very easy. But you will need help because of the weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, July 13, 2012
This review is from: Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table (Sports)
I saw one comment that stated that this table was extremely heavy. It made me a little apprehensive, but we ordered it anyway. I'm glad we did. Don't let that deter you. You can open the box in the garage and then carry the two separate pieces. My wife and I are in our 40's and certainly not weight lifters, and we were fine putting it together. We are very pleased with the quality of the table and the appearance. It was quick and simple to put together. We live in South Florida, and it's on our back porch. It's been rained on and so far it no signs of any weathering. The description says that it's metal, but for all intensive purposes, I think you could tell someone it's made of wood, and they wouldn't even question it. Great table. Great price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective table tennis top, July 14, 2013
M. Locke (york, pa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table (Sports)
After I received this table I realized that one side of the table was bowed. I contacted the company and was informed that I could receive one of their other products ( much less value) for my trouble or if I wanted a new table I had to go through Amazon. So much for taking pride in their product. I cannot return the table to Amazon because of their 30-day policy. It would be a major problem and expense to ship the product back. Never buy a product such as this over the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, May 23, 2013
Steve (Destin, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table (Sports)
Did enough research to cure cancer on this one. Very happy with the quality and it wasn't hard to set-up unless you're a tool.

1.0 out of 5 stars critical misses, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table (Sports)
Bought this a few months ago. The positives - assembly is a snap. They do most of the work for you which was great. One person could do it with some coordination but likely two is best.

On to the bad. It does not set level. It is a two piece table which could be good if the quality of construction/assembly was much better. I set it up initially in my basement which has stained concrete flooring. I had to shim the wheel legs and use the adjustable corner legs as well to get it level. I figured; eh no big deal my floor is probably imperfect. The finish on the table was good the net was good so I went with it. Well, since I have moved it to another spot that I am much more confident is very close to level. The table does not sit square to floor on a flat surface. No big deal right - I'm not a pro or anything. Well, not with a two piece table. The seam where the two pieces meet was very uneven so the net could not be attached properly. So, out I get my level again and a bunch of shims to balance the table. Keep in mind - I'm not trying to get the table perfect, just playable where I can attach the net. It looks kinda like the top was not correctly attached to the supports.

Then, one of the leg adjusters, which is great idea for a table like this, broke making another leg that I now have to shim. I looked closely and the leg adjuster is made of plastic. Not a good spot to cut corners.

Then, the surface began to chip - the first chip came from the corner likely where there is a pin or screw etc. This makes the very tip of the corner an uneven surface. Big deal; well, I guess not. I play with my friends and kids on the table and non of us are pro's... but... for this much money I expect more.

Keep in mind - I have not used this table in the elements at all. It has been inside except for a few days where it was on our patio covered in plastic.

All in all, it looked great and seemed super sturdy out of the box, but the end result was pretty frustrating. I wanted a portable, low maintenance table that I could move and play on our patio for parties etc that was EASY to deal with and that would LAST. Both have fallen very short in just 4 months or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars EZ ASSEMBLY!!!, May 6, 2013
This review is from: Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table (Sports)
My buddy bought a Kettler and spent an entire day putting it together. The only assembly with this table is 8 bolts and putting up the net. Plays great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bubble after 1 day!, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table (Sports)
We have installed our tennis table very easily but we were very disappointed by the fact that this table has 2 separated sides that DO NOT CLOSE together, they do close separately not practical at all!!!
What a surprise a few days later when we realized there was a bubble just in the middle!

I've read comments that they require original packaging for a return unfortunately we trashed it...I would like to return it if I could!

5.0 out of 5 stars great table, August 22, 2013
This review is from: Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table (Sports)
I'm very happy with my purchase. No defects noticed in the table from shipping, and the table performs great.
The net is a little weird, as the string is a bit odd to tighten, but that is a very minor detail.

Prince PT9 Advantage Outdoor Table Tennis Table