Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.49 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Prince of Persia - PC
|Price:||$2.99 + $3.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$10.00 (77%)|
- Enjoy the franchise's debut on Ubisoft's proprietary Anvil engine, the same engine used to develop Assassins Creed.
- Utilize the Prince's old skills, along with a whole new combat system, to battle Ahriman's corrupted lieutenants to heal the land from the dark Corruption and restore the light.
- Escape to a fantasy world set in ancient Persia brought to life through masterful storytelling and sprawling environments and that rivals the blockbusters of Hollywood.
- For the first time in franchise history decide how the storyline unfolds by choosing the Prince's path in an open-ended game world.
- Wield the acrobatic and puzzle-solving power of the Prince’s beautiful and powerful AI companion Elika as you explore the perils of ancient Persia.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
As Ahriman, the god of Darkness is released so are his minions of monstrous slaves. The most dangerous and powerful set against the Prince is known as "the Hunter." Once a human prince himself, the Hunter was raised in opulent decadence and detached from the day-to-day world. His only passion was for the drama and brutality of the hunt, but soon passion grew to obsession. After killing every variety of beast known, he grew bored and too bold. Recognizing an opportunity Ahriman appeared to him and offered a bargain, a hunt against the most dangerous beasts the world has to offer in return for his soul. Foolishly he accepted and was transformed from man into demonic beast and was hunted by men from all over the world. His all-consuming rage made easy work of the hunters set against him, but also bound him to Ahriman for eternity.
But wherever there is evil, there is also a counter balance to it. Following the defeat and imprisonment of Ahriman, his brother Ormazd, the god of Light, left the world in the care of his servants, the Ahuras, guardians of the tree of life. The Prince?s new ally, Elika, is one of those guardians. Beautiful and mysterious she is a powerful AI companion who accompanies players throughout the game. Filled with an unknown power, she will be helpful in all aspects of gameplay, including acrobatics, combat and puzzle-solving as players quest to rid the land from Ahriman's corruption.
- A New Hero Emerges - Master the acrobatics, strategy and fighting tactics of the most agile warrior of all time. Grip fall down the face of a building, perform perfectly timed acrobatic combinations, and swing over canyons, buildings and anything that is reachable. This new rogue warrior must utilize all of his new skills, along with a whole new combat system, to battle Ahriman?s corrupted lieutenants to heal the land from the dark Corruption and restore the light.
- A New Epic Journey Begins - Escape to the new fantasy world of ancient Persia. Masterful storytelling and sprawling environments deliver to action-adventure fans an experience that rivals even the best Hollywood movies.
- A New Open World Structure - A first for the Prince of Persia franchise ? now you have the freedom to determine how the game evolves in this non-linear adventure. Players will decide how they unfold the storyline by choosing their path in the open-ended world.
- Emergence of a Deadly New Ally - History?s greatest ally is revealed in the form of Elika, a dynamic AI companion who joins the Prince in his fight to save the world. Gifted with magical powers, she interacts with the player in combat, acrobatics and puzzle-solving, enabling the Prince to reach new heights of deadly high-flying artistry through special duo acrobatic moves or devastating fighting combo attacks.
- Next-Gen Engine - The franchise?s debut on next-generation consoles utilizes Ubisoft?s proprietary Anvil engine, the same engine used to develop Assassins Creed.
The critically acclaimed Prince of Persia franchise returns for the first time on next-generation platforms with an all-new epic journey. Built by the same award-winning Ubisoft Montreal studio that created Assassins Creed, Prince of Persia has been in development for over three years to deliver a whole new action-adventure gaming experience to consumers. With a whole new Prince, storyline, open world environments, combat style, signature illustrative graphical style and the addition of Elika, a deadly new ally, Prince of Persia brings the franchise to new heights of deadly acrobatic, artistry and is set to become the #1 action-adventure game of 2008.
Top Customer Reviews
1. There's no DRM at all. Ignore the rumors that it "phones home". It only connects to the Internet to automatically update (at your option) and to play a video from UBI's website. If you disconnect completely from the Internet, the game STILL PLAYS FINE.
2. The game plays well on older hardware. It even runs smooth on Radeon 2000 series graphics cards and Pentium 4/D CPUs at relatively high resolutions.
3. The game's actually fun! Controls are wonderful, especially if you have a gamepad. Mouse/keyboard is functional.
Please support this title. UBI is really taking a risk using no DRM. Show them that they can trust the PC gaming community. Purchase this title.
The story is interesting in that you can get as much (or little) backstory as you want. It's up to you to talk with Elika and get it. If you're more interested in the action, you won't be forced to watch long cut-scenes or learn about a history you don't care about.
I actually play this on my 360, but I'm putting my review under the PC section because Ubisoft deserves to be praised for deciding to ditch DRM on a high profile title like this. In a time when SecuROM is getting more and more invasive, it's a breath of fresh air to see a major publisher go against the grain and offer a quality product that doesn't give the actual consumer a headache. The consumer will not be punished with secret installations of a software that behaves just like any other malware.
I encourage all avid PC gamers to vote with their wallets and pick this title up. It helps that the game is also worth every penny.
UBISOFT also made an intelligent move by making this game DRM free and no copy protection whatsoever that most of the users will appreciate and this trust that UBISOFT has placed on users like us will surely make them buy products from UBISOFT again and again.
I have played all the Prince of Persia games since the good old Prince of persia-1 came about 15 years back, I love the storyline, Agree it has changed a lot over the years and graphics have become more intense but there is this magnetic attraction that draws users like me whenever we hear about a new release of prince of Persia and we surely play the game to get the thrill of it.
Prince of Persia 2008 is no different. The graphics are smooth even on modest PC with very little lag, Game play is immersive and conversations between Prince and Elika keeps one busy climbing and jumping and solving puzzles.
Again the main reason for the success of the game play in Prince of Persia (2008) is due to new supporting character, Elika, has a large role in game play, in that she saves the Prince from death while in combat or exploring the world. The Prince cannot "die" in this game, as Elika will save him from any danger and bring him back to the last safe point of the game. also UBISOFT's smart move to make this game DRM free. Thanks UBISOFT for trusting users like us we appreciate it.
Buy this game and support any and all software companies that trusts their users and release games like this completely DRM free.
Cheers! Buy this game and have lots of fun time.
So, in short its fun gameplay, great puzzle solving, great freeroaming dynamics, and no headaches whatsoever. Its definitely money well spent.
The amazing this is that the game looked incredible on my laptop! Most recent PC games won't even run on my laptop, but this one looked great.
The environments are gorgeous, and the atmosphere (something that has always been an Ubisoft trademark since "Beyond Good And Evil") is engrossing.
The combat system is very fun. I've never really enjoyed the combat system in previous Prince of Persia games, but this time they made is very easy to get into, but there is a great deal of depth which makes it great for experienced gamers as well.
UbiSoft has made the decision to make this game a test as well. They want to see if removing DRM will help the game sell better. Another reviewer here said "vote with your wallet". I agree completely. This game is well worth the money, it provides a great deal of entertainment, and it casts a critical vote against the use of DRM in the future. You can't go wrong.
The art is excellent, the controls are excellent, and most important, the gameplay is excellent. And as always, Ubisoft actually finishes the game before the release it (I'm talking to YOU EA and Sony!)
Ubisofts games usually work best on a console, due to embarrassing DRM problems, but there's no DRM here. No SecuRom, no Sony rootkit, no destruction of resale value.
If you like the POP series, this is a must have. If you haven't played the POP series, and enjoy innovative gameplay and controls, you will likely enjoy this game.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The graphics is very good and colorful but the fighting system suckedPublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great game. No DRM. No Steam. No code to activate. No Internet connection required. Just install and play. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Melanie Matthews
Prince of Persia is a fantastic game featuring a vibrant environment, a compelling storyline, challenging gameplay, customized acrobatic controls, and great chemistry between its... Read morePublished on January 4, 2014 by Daniel Jolley
Entertaining, skill-oriented but with little room for mistakes. Easygoing game where you don't have to worry about one mistake destroying your progress. Read morePublished on December 7, 2013 by Jessica
excellent product, to my opinion no need to improve on anything, I'm comfortable with the product, it is good to have a good servicePublished on March 12, 2013 by Schweisisk