5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and Powerful
Published on February 24, 2012 by L. Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but
Good but I prefer head. This racquet is too light. Perhaps it would be better with new strings. Im going back to my Wilson.
Published on June 16, 2012 by Monie2269

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and Powerful, February 24, 2012
L. Lee (Los angeles, ca) - See all my reviews
O3 Silver is an excellent choice for a player desiring more power. The head is 5 points head heavy and under 10 ounces. I'm an early 30s female playing recreational tennis, and this racquet makes me feel like a pro. 27.75 in length helps me cover the court. A short stroke suffices with most shots. Lightweight frame, lively at impact. The ball pops off the face with excellent feel. I'm a bit slow with my backhand, and the O3 Silver allows for the late shot with pace. I recommend this racquet to older players, juniors, and players seeking more power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Over-sized Racket At A Great Price, November 17, 2011
Rock (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This is actually our second racket of this exact model. We have many similar over-sized rackets from other major manufactures but this is by far the best. This racket feels very soft on impact so better on the arm/elbow, and the ball feels more powerful coming off the racket. It just gives us the 'oomph' feeling and sound we don't get from other rackets. We have to get another one so I get to use it as my daughter who plays on her high school varsity team also favorite this model.

As far as I can tell, this racket was priced a lot higher when new few years ago, but the price has dropped so much it's a great buy now.

BTW, I string my own rackets so when the stock string broke, I put Wilson NXT Tour 17 string on this racket, and we were amazed. The stock string came with this racket was decent, but with Wilson NXT Tour 17, it plays almost like a dream! Interestingly when I put the same string on our other rackets, we didn't feel this much improvement. Somehow this Prince OS3 Silver racket matches this Wilson NXT Tour 17 string much better than others.

----

Update: We bought our third racket of this model and still very satisfied.

On strings we have started to use Tecnifibre X-One Biphase strings and it is even softer than Wilson NXT. We can feel the difference between these two strings but not sure which is better, so we use both.

We have 4 similar over sized rackets from the 4 major brands: Prince, Wilson, Head and Babolat. My wife favors Wilson K-Zero racket as it is the lightest and the weight is centered closer to the handle makes it easiest to swing. My daughter and I favor the Prince O3 Silver as it is more powerful. The Babolat Y-118 has most control among the 4 brands but the sweet spot is a little higher away from the handle so takes a little getting use to, and it is the least powerful among the 4. The Head Liquidmetal 8 has a slightly smaller head at 112 square inches (all others are at 118) and is the second most powerful after the Prince O3 Silver. I feel the Prince and Wilson has bigger sweet spots compared to the other two. Each of these 4 brands/models has its own strong points and personalities so it's really personal preference.

4.0 out of 5 stars old hacker, February 9, 2012
I am a very old senior olympics over 80 tennis player. My stroke speed has slowed due to old age but with the prince 03 silver tennis raquet I have managed to generate increased power with less effort. the raquet was purched through Amazon and was delivered free within 4 days

5.0 out of 5 stars Exercellent racquet for someone wants power, November 7, 2010
I'm a beginner player, I love this one at the first sight.
I couldn't wait to play when I got the racket. It's slightly bigger than what I expected. But that's not problem at all, it works for me perfectly, because I want power that would surprise my friends as a beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome control/power, January 3, 2012
I love the game this racquet brings. I have a weak backhand so the SILVER makes up for it with its power. I have confidence in every shot I take. The huge sweet spot is great for shots you might miss with a 110sq in racquet.I can change to lefty forehand and return the shot with no effort. If you want power in a racquet that you cant provide on your own, this ones for you. How can you beat the price? Its worth twice what I paid(now that I own It).

5.0 out of 5 stars it couldn't be better, August 1, 2011
In my 30's and 40'S, I used small head size 90-95. But since I turned to 50'S, I realized oversize one was more fitting to me. This racquet is the very thing I have been looking for. Reasonabe price, quick delivery, high quality.... It couldn't be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - bought 2 of them at the $99 price, April 16, 2010
I broke my racquet and it is no longer being made, so this closeout was quite a deal. Real top of the line model!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Racquet, September 9, 2013
T Hend (Coconut Creek, Florida, US) - See all my reviews
This racquet has lots of power even with factory stringing. I've found the light head makes for less wrist and arm fatigue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !!!!!, February 20, 2013
Man I love this racquet . Best one I've ever had so far in my tennis carrier ..
Very light and good grip ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Prince O3 Silver OS Prestrung Tennis Racquet, January 30, 2013
This racquet is no longer available in stores, so buying online from Amazon was the way to go. Great performance and price. My last racquet was this same model. I'm happy that this replacement is just as good.