2,192 Reviews
 (1,848)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful film - what's in the Blu-Ray only edition?
This is a terrific movie that has so many different editions of the DVD and now Blu-Ray discs that it gets very confusing as to what is in each version.

A search of the internet shows several reviews that describe the differences between the DVD versions. Basically the "Dread Pirate Roberts" edition and the "20th Anniversery" edition have different special...
Published on October 21, 2011 by DarthRad

2.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Movie, but this DVD is nothing new
First, I of course do LOVE this movie and if you don't already have another copy of this movie, then definitely buy this DVD. BUT, if you've already got the 2001 "Special Edition", then this June 13, 2006 rerelease is a rip-off. The only thing new on it appears to the Dread Pirate Roberts mocumentary and some stupid game.
Published on June 14, 2006 by Cory Hug

‹ Previous | 1112 113 114220 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern day classic, May 15, 2013
Tlexie (Lexington, KY USA) - See all my reviews
Gotta love the Princess Bride! There are many funny parts and memorable quotes. A movie for (almost) all ages and best of all, family entertainment (clean).

5.0 out of 5 stars As You Wish, May 15, 2013
This movie is my all time favorite. I'm graduating high school this month, and I had never set my eyes on this until about 6 years ago. I was sick with the flu, and my mom had just made soup. We were looking for a movie, when we saw this on. She said it was her favorite for when she was sick, and hit play. I am not a fan of 80s movies, but this one hit home. It's a story of love, adventure, inconceivable characters, and its amazing. I have owned this DVD now for about 3 years, and it is probably the most watched DVD on my shelf.

If you want my advice......
Watch it.
Fall in love.
As You Wish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fun!, May 15, 2013
I'm 60 years old and I've probably watched this a half dozen times. It's just a fun movie; clever, funny dialog delivered by actors who seem to be having a blast with it. Rob Reiner brought in no-name leads and mixed them with the likes of Mandy Patinkin - and the chemistry was amazing. The resurrection bit with Billy Crystal and Carol Kane is probably a cult classic by itself (Crystal, "It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead"). Peter Falk's voice and presence as he "reads" the story to his grandson (Fred Savage) is the perfect counterpoint to the zaniness that goes on in the rest of the film. Beautiful movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have seen this movie at least 3 times as film and on tv. After purchasing dvd I watched it twice showing it in my high school, May 13, 2013
Mandy Patinkin is one of my favorite people, his Inigo Montoya statement is so well known everyone in the theatre used to say it. Loved the giant - sorry he is no longer with us. Can't imagine this movie ever going out of style or popularity.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Princess Bride., May 12, 2013
This review is from: The Princess Bride (25th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The Princess Bride. Enough said. 15 more words required, so 15 more words it is. And five more words required.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wuv - Tawuuu Wuv, May 11, 2013
What can I say, it's a classic movie-story rendered in blu-ray. Oh, and if you haven't seen it, you're really missing out; romance, action, comedy, suspense - this one has it all. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, May 11, 2013
AL "A." (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Princess Bride (DVD)
This is a family friendly movie and overall classic. I showed this movie to my twelve year old son for the first time and he even liked it as a new millennium kid!

4.0 out of 5 stars As you wish, May 10, 2013
This review is from: The Princess Bride (DVD)
A good movie with a little bit of everything for everyone. Comedy, action, romance, and just general all around fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic in my book., May 10, 2013
I have always loved this movie. It's absolutely hysterical. And the characters are so funny and unique. A definite classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mawige is what bwings us togewer today..., May 10, 2013
Richard Fowler (Marietta, GA, US) - See all my reviews
This is our family's favorite movie. It is great for yound kids and the the adults love it too. We use the dialogue from the wedding scene in the reception fun at every family wedding.

‹ Previous | 1112 113 114220 | Next ›