Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on January 31, 2012
Cinderella is one of my all time favorite fairy tales so I was excited to finally read a book by Nicole Jordan when I saw she was going to be doing her own spin on the tale. We have all the classic elements: a dashing prince in the form of Ashton Wilde, Marquis of Beaufort and our lovely, 'lowly' Cinderella in Maura Collyer, horse breeder. Maura is devastated when her stepmother (not a total villianess which I liked) sold her beloved champion stallion to pay for her two step-sisters seasons (again, very likable girls which I liked). The horse was sold to the man Maura believes caused her fathers death, as he has always converted her horse. But as the slimy viscount proves too much for Mauras temper, Ash (whose sisters are Mauras best friends) tries to step in and help the situation. This doesn't exactly go over very well with the bold, passionate Maura but sparks start to ignite and it causes our couple to come together...eventually :)

Overall, for my first Nicole Jordan book I was very happy. I love stories that are centered around big, lovable, "Wilde" families and this looks to be a great start to a possible five books for the Wilde family. I enjoyed how even though Maura and Ash have known each other since childhood, there new found attraction to each other seemed natural. The part that really piped my interest was the fact that Maura was a horse breeder. A very unusual profession for females during that time period. We don't get to see much of that unfortunately, but it adds a unique back story. I personally don't know if I would go abduct a horse and try to flee with it, but you could really feel Maura's passion for her beloved horse. There are some wonderful supporting characters that add some good family moments, but don't overshadow our main couple. Ash and Maura have loads of sexual tension but Ash is hesitant to fully bed Maura as he believes she will marry someday, even though Maura believes she is almost on the shelf and has no dowry, title, or real prospects in that regard. I had about forgotten about the important glass slipper of Cinderella, and Ash's slipper moment was all too fitting for this story and it brought a sweet smile to my face. While this isn't my favorite Cinderella retelling, it was certainly enjoyable and I breezed through it in a couple afternoons and I look forward to the rest of the series. I would recommend this book for people that enjoy sweet and sexy fairy tale retellings, mixed with a warm, big family and a bit of uniqueness and danger. 3 1/2 stars
on February 2, 2012
Loved Nicole Jordan's new book, Princess Charming, which introduces a lively and quirky family of characters that I'm very much looking forward to getting closely acquainted with. Very fun and entertaining read. Thanks, Nicole!
#1 HALL OF FAMEon January 31, 2012
In 1816, Maura Collyer grieves the death of her father while her loathing her wicked stepmother grows since the latter sold her horse without her permission to pay a gambling debt to an evil aristocrat. Maura plans to retrieve what is hers though she knows how difficult achieving her goal will prove.

At midnight at a gala, Marquis Ashton Wilde observes his sister Katherine's closest friend twenty-four years old Maura Collyer fleeing from a tryst with Lord Deerfield. Fascinated, he learns the truth of her mission including her meeting with Deerfield; and offers his assistance to her in retrieving her steed. As his romantic sibling insists that he is Prince Charming to Maura's Cinderella, the reluctant pair fall in love but their quest proves dangerous.

The first Legendary Lovers Wilde Regency romance is a delightful twist on the Cinderella-Charming tale. The key cast mirrors the fairy tale (including a self-proclaimed fairy godmother) with the exception of the heroine who rejects a prince, a stubborn marquis or any man wanting her forever. Readers will enjoy Nicole Jordan's fun historical spin as ever after cannot happen if the heroine rejects her Cinderella present.

Harriet Klausner
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2012
There's nothing better for this romantic heart than a good Cinderella story, especially when told from a different angle. Maura Collyer wants nothing to do with the scandalous nobleman Ashton Wilde or his attempts to rescue her. But Ashton is determined in his pursuit to make him her hero. Together with a not-so-cruel step-mother, and downright sweet step-sisters, this story kept me turning pages. I really enjoyed Ashton's relationship with his sister whose 'meddling' made him come to the aid of Maura in the first place. Then there's the horse-stealing villain whose comeuppance is greatly in store. The sensuality between characters is, as always, related beautifully. An intriguing spin on an age-old fairytale that will tug at your heart.
on January 31, 2012
As a longtime romance reader I am always looking for that next great read, I have to say I found it in Princess Charming, the first of a new series by Nicole Jordan. I loved her Courtship Wars series and have been looking forward to her next book. I was instantly caught up in the story of Ashton and Maura's romance. The chemistry between them was wonderful. Nicole Jordan excels at creating an aura of sensuality in her books right from the start. Her characters are believable and likable, which for me is important. I can't route for a hero or heroine I don't like. I read this story so fast and now I am anxious for more. I can't wait for the rest of the clan to find their true loves.
on February 4, 2012
Nicole Jordan has managed two incredible feats in one book. She's told a wonderful love story for a couple you cheer out loud for, Maura and Ashton. And she's set up a HUGE collection of lovable characters who will hopefully get their own books. I cannot wait to read each and every one of them! I'm already totally invested in the happiness of all the Wilde family members.
(I feel like I've just met Johanna Lindsay's Mallory family for the first time.) Wonderful reading in our futures, people. And people worthy of a happily ever after--that's what I read a Nicole Jordan book for.
on February 8, 2012
Nicole has always deliverd, and this time it was no different. I found Princess Charming delicious!!! I loved the book and the plot. By writting this new series in a "fairy tale" style she brings to life our timeless childhood favorites with a bit, a lot of spice and grown up twist... and what a darling "cinderella" Maura was. It was nice to see for once a wicked stepmother in a different light, with a chance of redemption.
I am so excited and can hardly wait to see what is in stock for our "romeo" Jack. Kuddos Nicole!
on June 24, 2012
Maura Collyer doesn't think of herself as Cinderella, but she definitely has a wicked stepmother - one that sold her prized horse to a villainous viscount. Determined to get her horse back one way or another, Maura steals into the viscount's stables and takes what's rightfully hers. The only thing she didn't count on was her best friend's brother catching her in the act...and tagging along as she flees London.

Ashton Wilde, Marquis of Beaufort, is no Prince Charming. His sister - a would-be fairy godmother - doesn't agree, however, and insists that he play hero to her best friend's damsel in distress. Unwilling to see Maura ruined by the machinations of her stepmother and the viscount, Ash goes along with his sister's plan. But as he accompanies Maura on her mission, Ash finds that he cannot resist the headstrong beauty. And it's not long before the temptation to seduce Maura is too much for him to resist.

Will this unlikely Cinderella and Prince Charming get a fairytale ending of their own?

Nicole Jordan's Legendary Lovers series starts off on a high note in the sparkling, enchanting Princess Charming. I absolutely adore Princess Charming. Maura and Ash are likeable, endearing protagonists and it's easy to become invested in their story. Maura isn't your average Regency lady; she'd much rather be running her stables than dancing until dawn. Ash, in turn, is a deliciously sexy hero and it was wonderful to watch his attraction to Maura slide from lust to love.

Ash's siblings and cousins are fantastic secondary characters that add life to Princess Charming. Katharine, Ash's sister, is the one who sets up the premise for the series: each member of the Wilde family will find true love by using the model of a famous pair of legendary lovers from fairytales, famous literature, or mythology. In Ash's case, it's Cinderella, but I can't wait to see what Ms. Jordan does to put a spin on Romeo and Juliet for Jack, Pygmalion for Quinn, and The Taming of the Shrew for Katharine. I also would dearly love to know what Ms. Jordan has in store for my favorite Wilde cousin, Skye. One of the best parts of Princess Charming was seeing the closeness of the Wilde family and I can't wait to revisit them in the next Legendary Lovers book.

Overall, Princess Charming is a fast and fun Regency romance, and the elements of Cinderella Ms. Jordan incorporated into the tale add extra charm. If Princess Charming is anything to go by, the rest of the Wilde cousins will have delightfully entertaining romances. I finished Princess Charming wanting nothing more to dive into Ms. Jordan's next Legendary Lovers tale - bring on Jack's book!

Reviewed by Shayna
For Joyfully Reviewed
on February 7, 2012
Princess Charming by Nicole Jordan
Historical Romance -Jan 31st, 2012
4 stars

Princess Charming is a bright beginning to Nicole Jordan's new fairy tale series, where the unconventional Wilde family finds love and each of their stories are based loosely on a fairy tale.

In this book, Kate Wilde tries to convince her brother Ashton Wilde, the Marquis of Beaufort to play Prince Charming and rescue her independent and headstrong friend, Miss Maura Collyer. Maura's stepmother sold her prized stallion, Emperor, right under her nose to an unscrupulous man named Viscount Deerling. Viscount Deerling will not give her horse back and she needs her beloved horse for her growing stables.

Upon hearing this Ash comes to Maura's aid but is rebuffed! Maura feels she can handle her affairs by herself and doesn't need the handsome and dashing Ash's help! Maura plots to steal her horse back and finds unlikely assistance from Ash. Soon Ash and Maura find themselves on the run with a stolen horse and a heated attraction for each other.

This is the start of what is sure to be a light, cheerful series that romantic Regency fans will enjoy! Maura is grieving the loss of her father and is a very sympathetic character. The horse means the world to her and she is determined to get him back. She is also funny because she is most definitely not looking for love! And poor Ash finds himself trying to seduce her despite himself. Ash's sister Kate is also a pretty devious matchmaker, and I almost feel sorry for the rest of her siblings. Hopefully, she doesn't forget her endearing and befuddled Uncle Cornelius. It is fun to read about Kate's schemes, and I can't wait to see who will outwit her, even if her ideas a bit far fetched.

Fanciful and entertaining, this fairy tale series is lighthearted and highly engaging.

Reviewed by Steph from the Bookaholics Romance Book Club
on June 6, 2012
Maura became independent with the passing of her father. Using her champion race horse to start a stud farm. Becoming a woman way ahead of her time.

Ashton, became a Marquis. After the unexpected death of his parents and his aunt and uncle in a boating accident.

Maura goes to London, to try get her horse Emperor back, after her step mother decided to sell him with out Maura's permission. Ashton comes to Maura's aid when she was to confront Lord Deering about buying Emperor back.

Ashton throws himself into helping Maura get her horse back.

In the process Maura and Ashton fall in love, both afraid are that the other has no feelings for the other. Maura also has a hard time trusting Ashton, and sharing with him. Maura tries to keep all of her problems to herself. Ashton and his family try to get Maura realize that she isn't alone and that there are people wanting to help in care for her.

I liked how Maura is best friends with Ashton's sister and cousin.

The plot was of Princess Charming is fast paced and keeps you on your toes threw out the whole book. The relationships between the character were complex and interesting. Also all the interactions between the character were well written. I could feel the emotions coming of the page with some of the interactions between the characters. I really enjoyed how Maura and Ashton relationship progressed from a simple friendship to a strong and burning passion. Princess Charming was a really great read it is now one of my all time favorites.

I give Princess Charming five cocktails!

Reviewed for Cocktails and Books.