5.0 out of 5 stars Clara Here with This Week's Top Things you Don't Ask the Sisterhood.
Tsukimi is a shy and timid girl obsessed with jellyfish, living with her friends in an old-style apartment they refer to as the Nunnery. Not only do they have issues with mingling with the outside world, they have a fear of "The Stylish" that turns their resolve to stone. One day Tsukimi finds herself in quite the predicament, seeing two jellies that might harm or even...
Published on March 2, 2012 by TorridlyBoredShopper

2.0 out of 5 stars Bluray discs is subbtitled locked
In Fandom Report's recent article it was discovered that in the Bluray disks are subbtitled locked, keep this in mind when you by this.
Here's the link [ ... ]
Published on February 17, 2012 by Rachel Lietzke

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars funny, light-hearted and completely entertaining, June 23, 2012
This review is from: Princess Jellyfish: The Complete Series (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (Blu-ray)
On paper the story about a geek girl obsessed with jellyfish living with 5 other socially awkward nerd girls in Tokyo and her encounter with a cross-dressing preppy boy sounds like a horrible idea. The good reviews on amazon made me take a chance on this anime and it's one that paid off.

Tsukihime is a nerdy girl obsessed with jellyfish struggling to make it as an illustrator in Tokyo. She lives in an all girl apartment building filled with eccentric nerd women who despise boys and avoid stylish trendy people at all costs. One evening Tsukihime's obsession with jellyfish causes her to meet Kuro, a cross dressing boy. The tale that unfolds as a result of the reluctant friendship involves a love triangle, fighting nasty corporate business and working together.

I expected a corny anime filled with stereotypical stock anime characters (and in some respects the characters are) but I found the anime to work. It was extremely fun to watch and one which merits repeat viewings.

A definite buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this series, December 4, 2011
This anime is so cute, and funny. I myself love jellyfish, so I just HAD to see this! I watched it at work, and finished it in a day, and am waiting for the latest manga to come out. I highly recommend this series.
The casing, the art box that the dvds and blurays come in are great, and the Japanese dubbing is great. The only problem I have with this is the English dub. It's a little odd and uneven, I felt. Everyone I showed this anime to loved it, even my husband! Now they just need to publish the manga in English.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved the series, but open ended, November 19, 2012
The series was funny and I had a good time watching it. The only thing I wasn't too thrilled about was the ending, it is an open ended final episode so if you are looking for an anime that will have a "romantic" or happy ending then you are looking at the wrong one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, September 12, 2014
Cliu (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I was unsure of how much I would like this as I am not exactly the target audience for this series, but I loved it. This is a Josei manga which means it is targeted for women, something that is unheard-of in the U.S. I just love awkward humor, so in that aspect this was just what I like. The ending left many unanswered questions which from what my friend who can read Japanese tells me is answered in the manga. Unfortunately the manga is as of now only available in Japanese, Italian and French so you cannot read it unless you can read one of those languages. I loved the characters, each one was great and hilarious in his/her own way. This is one of the only Josei animes I know that has an English dub and it was done fantastically.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Adorable and Simplistic, November 25, 2014
I fell in love with this anime but for the longest it was just so expensive for such a short anime 12 episodes if I recall the price would not go under 40 . SO when I saw the S.A.V.E release for 20 bucks I bought it almost immediately . Its a very light hearted cute anime with cute Otaku characters . Give it a try and you will see how simplistic and adorable it is .

Love S.A,V.E line they have made it affordable for anime fans that cannot but the 40 to 50 dollar box set . Keep it up S.A.V.E Im a big fan of your collections and price deals .

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality show that ends too abruptly., November 5, 2014
I enjoyed Princess Jellyfish but I wasn't aware that it was only one season long. While the packaging is true in saying, "Complete Series", I think it would of been more fair to the consumers if it said, "Complete First Season". The show itself is good, it just ends abruptly, with no real closure for all the time you've invested into it's characters. I would gladly recommend this show to anyone, I'd just make sure to inform them of it's season long state.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this anime!, April 14, 2014
When this first came out, I watched it on the internet in Japanese with eng subtitles. It was awesome. When I found it on DVD with eng dub I bought it and it was still wonderful. I just wish this anime had been a bit longer so we could see the main characters grow in to their fashion business cause that would have been cool to see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute anime, really cute dvds, April 10, 2014
This series is one of my favorites, it is incredibly funny, but at the same time it deals with really important and relatable themes.

The dvds are great, it has some cool extras and some clips to meet the characters that I've never seen before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, April 4, 2014
Saw the show funimation.com fell in love with it. So I had to buy the series for myself. It is great

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute story, March 11, 2014
I enjoyed this series, I recall seeing it at a local anime convention and really enjoying it. Very cute story.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Princess Jellyfish: The Complete Series (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Used & New from: $158.99