Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Princess Primer: A Fairy Godmother's Guide to Being a Princess
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 19, 2006
My son is in to the -ology books, Dragonology, Egyptology, well this book was bought in that vein by my grandmother for my 2 year old daughter.

This book has all the hidden treasures of any of the -ology books. It has minibooks, slide out items, windows to open and plenty of extras.

Everything from how to dress to what to serve at a royal ball is included her for the use of any Princess in the making.

My daughter may only be 2 but she is truely a little Princess in training.

She loves the pictures and all of the interactive bits.

I feel for any young Prince in her future (her distant, DISTANT future) as she will be well versed in her ways:)
on March 22, 2007
My almost-5-year-old niece adores everything princess, so I bought this along with "Fairyology" for her birthday, as well as "Fancy Nancy" and "Pinkalicious." This book is her favorite of all of them. She sits and makes up stories based on the things in the pictures, and tells them to her parents!

I have to agree to some extent with the other reviewer, regarding the "shallowness" of some of the things in the book. I would have loved to see more about learning how to be responsible and a good leader..but it's a bit difficult to work that sort of thing into this type of format. My niece adores the flip-dresses, and the different jewels and things, and let's face it, that's the appeal of the whole princess thing anyway! And at least there are some bits and pieces about manners and politeness.

If you're looking for something fun to entertain your little girl who likes princesses, then this is a great book that can really stimulate some creativity. If you're looking for something to teach life lessons, then you might want to look elsewhere.
on October 21, 2006
"A Princess Primer" is a great book for all little girls! Any girl will love this book reading about a fairy godmother. The fairy godmother tells good stories, gives very helpful advice, and special hints on how to be a princess. This book will make a wonderful gift for any girl who loves reading about princesses!

Cynthia Marie Rizzo, author of "Angela and the Princess" and "Julie and the Unicorn"
on January 16, 2007
This book and the rest in the collection are absolutely beautiful and one of a kind. There is A LOT to see in these books.

The princess primer shows how to wear your hair elegantly, design a classy dress, what type of material shows royalty, jewelry, etiquette you name it this book has it and with very beautiful pictures, drawings and pieces of materials that you can feel.

It's definitely a HANDS ON book.. not just something you read but to look at, flip through or whatever. Does not need to be read from front to back.. just flip through.
on November 29, 2006
My sister is a 4th Grade teacher, she bought this book at a school book fair. She showed it to the girls in her class and they went crazy for it; the book was then given to my daughter as a gift. My daughter is 6 and looks at it each night before bed.
on October 3, 2014
I have a granddaughter who loves everything and anything to do with Fairy Godmother; this is just the perfect book for her. There are many different topics, so there will be lots of reading; it will be a good on-going gift which she will treasure.
on November 5, 2014
My seven year old granddaughter has read this from the library several times and really wanted her own where all the little papers were brand new. She can read it herself and loves all the beautiful pictures and things to do on the pages.
on April 7, 2016
My grand daughters (ages 5 and 7) are really into the Disney Princesses. I found this book at a local library sale and bought it because I felt it gave a different perspective to princesses in different lands (tropical, Desert, European, African and Japanese Princesses). There are doors to open up on a castle to see what's inside and there are different flaps to raise and make a "suitable" outfit.

There is also a place and a code for writing magical messages. A code is tucked in an envelope in the front of the book and I know my little darlings will be writing everything in code now that they have seen how it's done. There is also a page of "Enchantments" and how to use a Magic Wand. This book is a lot of fun! It finishes up with a "Dance" and then a Royal Wedding". This book is the stuff that makes for wonderful rainy days creating the life of a princess with friends.

Other reviewers have commented on Manners and Good Grooming and yes, that could have been included. Maybe a Fairy Godmother or a Mom can bring that into the picture.
on April 1, 2013
The level of detail in both the written content and graphics is impressive. There's a lot of eye candy here to satisfy most young girls. The reason I docked a star is the used copy I received was in worse condition than the seller admitted to, but my daughter loves it so it's recommended...
on February 12, 2007
I bought this for a child's birthday and she really likes it. She is only 3, but loves looking at the pictures and going through the envelopes. I really enjoyed the last page...how to have a fairy tale wedding...very cute! The parents really like the book too! A winner for any princess you know.