5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and Great Light
I used this headlampPrinceton Tec Quad Headlampon a recent 6-day backpacking trip. It worked great, providing excellent lighting in a choice of 3 different intensities. Best of all, it was lightweight and very comfortable to wear.
Published on September 13, 2007 by S. C. Weber

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Pivot Point
Published on September 21, 2010 by S. Christie

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and Great Light, September 13, 2007
S. C. Weber (Nevada City, California) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Princeton Tec Quad Headlamp, April 28, 2008
Having used both, this headlamp is better than the competing Petzl Tikka Plus. The Quad has a better switch, is more waterproof and gets better battery life, and Princeton Tec is an American company. Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Pivot Point, September 21, 2010
S. Christie (Orlando, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Princeton Tec Quad Headlamp (Sports)
Echoing what another reviewer said, the pivot point is made out of plastic. Due to this fact, the lamp loses its ability to grip onto the pivot point as the plastic wears down. Mine is at the point -- after four or five times out running -- where it has to be either completely up and facing forward or it will flop down and point directly at my feet. Neither of these positions is useful for running as a straight forward position puts the light too far for running, and straight down simply blinds me and doesn't shoot the light far enough forward. I would expect this problem to exist for other applications as well if you have to lean forward. Do not buy this product.

I now have to put a piece of plastic behind the lamp and use a rubber band to hold the lamp against the plastic. This allows it to point down slightly, but it looks even more ridiculous. Definitely not worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Headlamp but wont stay in position, August 1, 2010
I bought what I believed was the identical headlamp from L.L. Bean a couple years ago; quad LED, 3 brightness levels plus blinking, 3 AAA batteries, identical design, made by Princeton Tech. I loved it and wondered how I had ever gotten along without one. Also wondered why I would ever need a regular hand-held flashlight again. When I lost it I bought this Princeton Tech model from Amazon. Identical in all respects, EXCEPT ...
There is something wrong with the mechanical mechanism that allows you to tilt the lamp down to your desired angle. After just a couple months it seems to have worn out and it won't hold in position. It just flops down. Only thing I can do is wear it upside-down and be satisfied with the light straight ahead. Evidently poor quality on the tilting mechanism.
THEN, I found my old one from L.L. Bean. While, as I said, it looks identical in all respects, its tilt adjustment continues to work fine.
Very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without, January 31, 2008
I love this headlamp, and made it a frequent flier this year at Christmas.
Once you have one of these, for walking the dog at night, seeing in dark spaces around the house, it becomes indispensable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shining Beacon of Light, September 1, 2007
Overall a very nice headlamp. A waterproof, solid yet light product with 4 uber-bright LEDs and a generous 150hr battery burn on low. Have not yet "field tested" this product but it works flawlessly lighting my path from my house to my car when I bounce at night. Even on the low setting you can see adequately in front of you to feel safe walking during the night, and is light/comfortable enough not to be a bother for a couple hours. In terms of control there is one button that cycles through high, medium, low, high flash.

A great product that greatly helps getting you to your car in the dark and also making other people squint real bad when you look them in the eye.

Good design, very practical, easy to use, and durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Let There Be Light!", June 13, 2011
I've had this headlamp for 3 years now and it never fails to brighten my day. The first time i used it was while hiking down half dome in Yosemite and it lit enough of the path for 5 people! My friends also had headlamps, but they could not compete with the 4 LED lights it has. The good thing about it is that its very versatile and sturdy. Whether you use it on a hike or while working under your car, it truly makes things easier. I recently bought it again as a gift and my friend is amazed by its performance. Some people's reviews say that the hinges should be made out of other materials, but I've found plastic to work just fine, its not like you are adjusting it so frequently that it wears out quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, January 8, 2010
Small, powerful and battery life is good. You can't get a better quality light that's waterproof with regulated output for less money. This light is a great value and it's Made in the USA!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good work-light, September 30, 2010
I have used it to do some work in my attic. it provided good hands-free illumination and was comfortable enough. I wouldn't want to wear it for more than an hour; especially while sweating, but it did the job just fine. Seems like plenty of light for most things. It also has lower settings, probably for reading or just not blinding your friends... but I have not needed them yet. I don't own any other headlamps so I can't say how it compares. Compared to a regular flashlight it wins on all counts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Occupational must have in my buisness!, November 3, 2011
This review is from: Princeton Tec Quad Headlamp (Sports)
I have owned a Princeton tec light before. I have my own HVAC buisness. I am out late at night on service calls and in the dark a lot and need both hands to make repairs. These lights get the job done faster and help me on my way under houses to repair heating equipment watch out for snakes and other critters. I accidently used some harsh cleaner on the case and melted the rubber battery housing. It seems this new one has advanced in brighter and more efficent on batterys. I would not buy any other brand and none could hardly match the quality and lighting span of my surroundings. Check one out it would be great for many applications around the house or work.

ARRAY(0xa290b180)

Princeton Tec Quad Headlamp (Black/grey)
$32.99 $28.72