5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't sure
Published on August 9, 2011 by aprilaz2003

Published 21 months ago by Robin Torres

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't sure, August 9, 2011
I needed this book for my class this Fall but since it's a new edition, it's sooooo expensive!!! I figured since this looseleaf binder version was coming directly from Amazon, I should be ok and if not I would have no trouble returning it. I'm so glad I took the chance and bought this. This is the same exact book as the hardcover version...even with the glossy pages...except that it has been 3 hole punched and has a soft cover! This is great! Fit's perfectly into a nice 3 ring binder and it even comes with the mini atlas like the hardcover version!

5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible, Comprehensive, November 28, 2011
Graciela G. (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology (Hardcover)
My physiology professor gave us a choice between 3 different textbooks because, in her words, it's all the same. That may be so but there is a world of difference in writing styles and organization of material. I read Tortora's Microbiology text in the past and found his writing to be easy to understand and straightforward. So I went with this textbook and it's been invaluable to me. This book goes in depth into anatomy and physiology. I didn't really need the anatomy portion of it for my class but I was glad to have it there for review. There are a lot of colorful diagrams, illustrations, and tables that organize the material in an accessible way.

I've read textbooks in the past that jump from one topic to another and they don't always bring the material together to give you a better idea of how one process in one system, is important in another system. Tortora's logic is organized neatly. He does a great job at offering basics, building on them to explain more complicated processes, and reminding you of how they interact with other systems. I found that to be extremely helpful when dealing with the nervous system, which is several chapters long. In all, Tortora did a great job at putting all the pieces of the puzzle together for me.

The material is challenging but thankfully Tortora's writing style makes it entertaining to read and easier to understand. I would highly recommend this textbook and would also advise you to visit the publisher's website because they offer flash cards, diagrams, and practice tests that I found helpful when I needed to study for exams.

5.0 out of 5 stars 13th edition binder-ready: Much cheaper than hard-bound edition!, June 29, 2011
Quazz&Blapp (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This book is exactly the same as the hardbound version: Principles of Anatomy&Physiology, 13th edition, Gerald J. Tortora & Bryan Derrickson. But this version is designed to be put into a 3-ring binder. It's a great savings over the hardbound version!

3.0 out of 5 stars A fine text book, but it does not come with Wiley Plus access code!, January 14, 2013
I purchased this binder ready text book thinking I would save money instead of purchasing it at my school. I didn't read the description before buying it, because it was the same edition, same author, and same cover. I've just opened it and to my surprise the Wiley Plus access code wasn't included. Now I have to pay $100 for a code... Future buyers, please check with your professor if you need Wiley Plus, because it is much cheaper to buy the text book and access code combo at the school, than to buy them separately. I think Amazon should add to the title that this does not include the access code or bold it in the description.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book is ok, September 6, 2011
This review is from: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology (Hardcover)
The book is nice, font is a good size. Figures & Tables are easy to understand and informative... not filled with meaningless junk. The pages are a bit thin... they tear easily and only 2 weeks into the class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Principles of Anatomy and Physiology 13th Edition Binder Ready Version, February 8, 2012
This book is a great buy for students, because it is the loose leaf version. In college, we know we have lots of big heavy books that will almost break our backs. With the loose leaf version, you can just carry the chapter pages that you need for class that day. That's great. This book has nice color pictures, lots of diagrams and good study questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, July 12, 2013
I bought this A&P book so I can start studying for my fall class. This book is easy to follow with lots of pictures. I got the kindle addition so I wouldnt have to carry around that big folder. Whats nice about buying the kindle version is its half the price and you can still download it to your computer and print off the book as well. Great investment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, February 22, 2012
The book is the same as the hardback, however I would not recommend purchasing the binder copy. When I received my shipment, some pages were bent and torn already, and having to put them in a large binder only made matters worse. The pages don't turn easily, they tear easily, and it's super hard to keep organized. I'll admit that saving money was nice, but I wish I had bought the hard back copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A&P, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology (Hardcover)
This book is very well written and works perfectly for my A&P class. Not only does it describe the concepts well but it also breaks down the words and their latin meaning as well. The book also provides useful medical application to what you learn as well. And the fact that it was cheaper than the last edition through Amazon made it a no brainer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good textbook for A&P - rental was a great option!, May 5, 2014
This review is from: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology (Hardcover)
I rented this book thru Amazon for my A&P class. It was considerably cheaper than buying the book. Amazon made the process extremely easy. The book arrived quickly and like new. When I was done at the end of the semester, I simply printed off a prepaid label and took to a UPS drop-off location. I would definitely go with the rental option again!

The book itself was a nice textbook. Good pictures and fairly easy to understand text. I had the hardcover edition. I have another A&P textbook in a looseleaf version and honestly prefer the hardcover edition. That's just me though.

Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
Principles of Anatomy and Physiology by Gerard J. Tortora (Hardcover - January 4, 2011)
$221.51