From the Back Cover
- General introduction to the concepts of light and matter and their interaction resulting in electronically excited states
- Processes involving physical deactivation of the electronically excited states
- An overview of the chemical properties of excited states
- Photochemical reactions of Alkenes and Carbonyl Compounds
- Techniques used in photochemical reactions
- The outstanding progress that has been made in recent years
Throughout Principles and Applications of Photochemistry, the reader’s understanding is enhanced with learning objectives, worked examples and chapter summaries. Written at a level suitable for undergraduates, this book is ideal for students in chemistry, physics and related topics, as well as serving more experienced researchers needing an introduction to this subject area.